NFL 2016 Week 9: Once You Go Dak, You Never Go Back

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 minute ago, Salad Days Saan said:

They had to deliberately take that delay of game because it technically counts as a play, thus allowing them to put their kicker back in the game.

Gooning It Up confirmed as airtight field goal defense strategy.

They spiked the ball to get him back in the game, the kicker was the one that did the kick on the delay of game. Just bad football, but apparently the ref put the ball down with 5 seconds on the play clock left.

8 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

The Browns are 3 point underdogs against Brigham Young Educational  in week 13.

I see this engendering a rule change.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/11/6/13544872/chip-kelly-had-the-49ers-hold-on-purpose-to-prevent-the-saints-trying-for-a-td

There should be an untimed play if in the final 15 seconds of a half, either team intentionally fouls multiple opponents like this.  The rule should read that after such an infraction, the next play is timed normally.  Then, after that play, if the clock has expired,  the team that had been fouled gets the option of one untimed play.

There are already untimed plays at the end of the half when the foul occurs on the final play.  Stretching it to the second-to-final play prevents this conduct which is the opposite of "sportsmanlike".

I would love to get your thoughts, then, along these lines, on what we just witnessed.

:D

Really enjoying this game. Love watching the way Taylor and McCoy play together. And Seahawks offense is frisky. I mean this Russell Wilson still isn't as fun to watch as virgin Russell Wilson, but not bad.

2 hours ago, Jaime L said:

This has been a really fun game to watch but we need to talk about the breaking news tonight:

I'm gonna need @DanteGabriel and @Rockroi to go on the record with this one. 

I call bullshit. Deadspin has the full text of what Trump read from Belichick's supposed letter, and frankly it reads like something that they let Donnie Trump Jr write... one-handed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brady or Belichick were actually Trump supporters. White people in the NFL tend to be pretty right wing. But I'd think they'd be smart enough to keep quiet about it, unlike, say, Rex Fucking Ryan.

6 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I call bullshit. Deadspin has the full text of what Trump read from Belichick's supposed letter, and frankly it reads like something that they let Donnie Trump Jr write... one-handed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brady or Belichick were actually Trump supporters. White people in the NFL tend to be pretty right wing. But I'd think they'd be smart enough to keep quiet about it, unlike, say, Rex Fucking Ryan.

Yeah, as much as I want this to be true, it smells like horseshit.

6 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I like to read the Around the NFL crew's recaps of the games and i've noticed a disturbing similarity between transcripts of Rex Ryan and those of Donald. Lots of starts and stops, changes in direction, and borderline incoherent at best.

It was a sickening moment.

1 hour ago, Salad Days Saan said:

They had to deliberately take that delay of game because it technically counts as a play, thus allowing them to put their kicker back in the game.

Gooning It Up confirmed as airtight field goal defense strategy.

No, that's why they spiked the ball, so the kicker could come back.  The ref simply didn't get off the ball until ridiculously close to the time expiring.

The Seahawks RBs as a group have not surpassed 10 carries in either of the past games.  I don't care if you're running T-Rich behind the Seattle O-line, you should be running more than 10 times a game with an injured QB when you have a multi-score lead. 

That Darth Hoodie endorsed Trump is one of the more unbelievable things I've ever heard.  I will be truly amazed if that's true.  Brady less so.

1 hour ago, Salad Days Saan said:

Also worth noting that it was immediate whistle blow under the "unabated" provision.

Which literally exists specifically to prevent the offside player from hitting someone at football speed on a non-play.

To prevent injuries like the one that happened. :lmao:

Exactly.  No announcers and Richard Sherman, it should not have been roughing the kicker.  I don't see how you can call that on a dead ball. But clear as day, that is unnecessary roughness (and arguable unsportsmanlike conduct worth an ejection). 

Let's lay off the traditional Republican supporters. A lot of us are still wrestling with the fact that we have to support the person that has basically been enemy #1 for the last decade plus.  It's like me having to root for those ugly birds for my Cowboys to have homefield advantage in the playoffs or something, but actually matters more than football. 

16 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I like to read the Around the NFL crew's recaps of the games and i've noticed a disturbing similarity between transcripts of Rex Ryan and those of Donald. Lots of starts and stops, changes in direction, and borderline incoherent at best.

It was a sickening moment.

Ryan's public support of Trump has made rooting against him so much more satisfying. I was cackling while he bawled out the refs over the comedy of errors at the end of the first half.

Archived