NFL 2016 Week 9: Once You Go Dak, You Never Go Back

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Just wait and see: I don't know exactly how, but Friend Donald will be instrumental in Darth Hoodie's revenge on Goodell. :)

More seriously, I would never have expected this from him. I don't mean supporting Trump (a lot of American athletes and coaches probably do), but writing the letter and authorizing Trump to use it as part of his speech. It antagonizes most of his fan base, it possibly divides his team on an unrelated issue and, unless Belichick is a political genius as well as a football one and somehow saw that Trump was going to win, it is basically pointless. This is not like him at all.

43 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

One's friends says a lot about a person, methinks. 

This actually makes me feel better about Trump. It's literally not possible to do what Belichick does without being a decent judge of character. Thus, if he was friends with Trump for years, perhaps Trump is not quite what he appears to be in public.

2 hours ago, Altherion said:

This actually makes me feel better about Trump. It's literally not possible to do what Belichick does without being a decent judge of character. Thus, if he was friends with Trump for years, perhaps Trump is not quite what he appears to be in public.

Fuck this line of reasoning. The friendship of a gifted football coach who works for my local team is no fucking reason to think well of an obvious thin-skinned cruel racist bully. I don't care what Trump is like in private because Public Trump has done so much damage. I may have to sort of put my faith in Belichick over his assessment of Jamie Collins's worth to the team, but I'll believe what my own eyes tell me over his personal friendliness with a rancid cumstain of a failed human.

10 hours ago, Altherion said:

Being good at knowing who'll make a good pro athlete is not remotely the same as knowing who will make a good person. Michael Jordan is a complete asshat, for example.

16 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Being good at knowing who'll make a good pro athlete is not remotely the same as knowing who will make a good person. Michael Jordan is a complete asshat, for example.

Or Aaron Hernandez, triple murderer whose 'character' Bill Belichick was directly involved in judging as another example.

Archived