NFL 2016 Week 9: Once You Go Dak, You Never Go Back

Manhole Eunuchsbane

2 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Read this morning in the LA Times that there is a not insignificant chance that the Raiders will move to...San Diego.  This assumes the Chargers move to LA.  But the San Diego Raiders?  Surely that would be a sign oof the end times.

That'd be ridiculous for so many reasons. I mean first of all, either San Diego can house a pro team or not. And San Diego football fans have spent their whole life hating the Raiders. Now they'd be expected to root for them? It'd be like if the Eagles moved to DC. I wouldn't know what the fuck to do with that. 

I gotta say I'm thoroughly enjoying 49ers-Saints. The defense in this game is so hilariously bad it's riveting. I keep waiting to see a defender enter the picture on simple crossing routes and never happens. Not particularly fast RBs and TEs are taking it all the way from 40+ yards out like every 5 minutes in this game. 

ETA: And 3 defensive holdings on the same play by the 49ers defense! Amazing. 

I'm not sure this is the right thread, but the success of Jim Harbaugh at Michigan got me thinking. I used to think that college and NFL coaches had different skill sets, but now I'm leaning towards the idea that NFL coaches are just better in every way. A below average NFL coach, Nick Saban, is one of the best college coaches ever while a legitimately good NFL coach, Harbaugh, completely rebuilt a moribund program within a few years and is now ranked second.

am I completely off base here. If Bill Belichick took over Southwest-Western Wyoming State, would he get to a national Championship playoff within three years?

Some crazy Cowboys stats. Never thought their defense would be top 10 in points allowed per game, nevermind being 6th, halfway through the season. And top 5 offense with a rookie QB and RB. 

Offense

Yards/game ranking: 3th (411.5)
Points/game ranking: 4th (27.9)

Defense

Yards/game ranking for fewest yards given up: 9th (332.9)
Points/game ranking for fewest points given up: 6th (17.5)

56 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

That'd be ridiculous for so many reasons. I mean first of all, either San Diego can house a pro team or not. And San Diego football fans have spent their whole life hating the Raiders. Now they'd be expected to root for them? It'd be like if the Eagles moved to DC. I wouldn't know what the fuck to do with that. 

The article made it sound like it is largely related to the league preferring  a San Diego franchise to a Las Vegas franchise.  San Diego votes this Tuesday for whether or not there will be a new hotel tax of sorts that will help fund a stadium.  Sounds like they really likely to keep the Chargers if it passes though they're not certainly gone if it doesn't.

What makes the whole thing even crazier is that I have to think that the Raiders would never give up their silver and black, so it's not like they'd change their look like Browns-to-Ravens.

Well I turned this off at 6-nothing. Not gonna gonna contribute my TV to the ratings when I wasn't even watching.Moment of decision came when I got some Chinese and sat down to actually watch and endured an entire commercial break. Watched a 12 second kickoff return, watched more commercials, then the Broncos went 3andout in under a minute - another commercial.

Nah, no good. Third prime time game I've skipped in a row now, didn't even tune into Monday and Thursday. 

3 hours ago, Triskan said:

The article made it sound like it is largely related to the league preferring  a San Diego franchise to a Las Vegas franchise.  San Diego votes this Tuesday for whether or not there will be a new hotel tax of sorts that will help fund a stadium.  Sounds like they really likely to keep the Chargers if it passes though they're not certainly gone if it doesn't.

What makes the whole thing even crazier is that I have to think that the Raiders would never give up their silver and black, so it's not like they'd change their look like Browns-to-Ravens.

Something I read earlier in the season stated that the league is very much more amenable to an expansion franchise in Vegas, as they would receive upwards of 850 million versus only 550 million from the Raiders as a relocation fee.

3 hours ago, SkynJay said:

For the love of god will someone please let Kubiak know that in all the fucking rule changes it still takes TEN YARDS to get a first down?  Four yard passes on third and 10 will not cut it.

As a Browns fan, I refer to that sort of play as a "Shurmur."

22 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Member%20Berries%20Packers_zpse5ngrsbu.j

I thought of something kind of messed up: Imagine coming up to Jonny Manziel while he's getting tanked and saying "Do you 'memba Mike Evans?"

Archived