Has there ever been any kind of conflict between the Martells and the Greyjoys?

Tjafe

Hi, I'm trying to figure out if there has ever been any form of conflict or bad remarks between the Martells and Greyjoys? It can be all from a single insult to a dispute of lands etc.

And also, same questions regarding Stark & Tyrell?

We hear it stated that Dorne´s southern coast is difficult to sail past and harbourless. So that would discourage raiding there - hard to land and then little to find on coast.

But the mouth of Torentine has a major gulf, and is not far from Arbor.

It is completely inconceivably that the Iron Islands/ certain people from them have not raided Dorne countless times throughout history.

As for the Stark and Tyrell, I'm not sure.  Tyrell is such a new house that they have had only the Targ and Baratheon years to look at.  During that time it is possible that Tyrells and Starks were on the opposite side during the 1st Blackfyre rebellion, but I do not know for sure.  We do know that during the dance of Dragons the Starks fucked up the Hightowers something fierce so a grudge could conceivably be held there, but would seem unlikely.

seeing how Dorne doesnt have any major port cities or even rich settlements along the shore so I would say Ironborn would be smarter than to sail that far. 

As far as I can tell the Starks haven't really had any problems with anyone outside of the Northern conflicts. I have tried to find out if there was wars between the Starks and Lannisters or any river lords and have really found anything. It seems to me that the Starks founded Winterfell and declared themselves kings and just let the other northern kings declare fealty or break against the wall of Winterfell. 

Archived