US Election 2016: the fall of the American republic

Kalbear

1 minute ago, denstorebog said:

538:

I'm going through the Florida votes by county now.  It is painting a mixed picture.  There are definitely counties where Trump is well behind Romney (Palm Beach and Sarasota).  But other counties where he is exceeding Romney's mark.  None of hte counties are at 100% yet though, so it is really hard to say what is happening yet.  

6 minutes ago, Boris the Blade said:

Active shooter near a polling station in California. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-azusa-shooting-injuries-20161108-story.html

Officers urged voters to cast their ballot at an 'alternate polling place.'  WTF?  There are these procedures you need to go through with the registry in which you are registered as a voter.  There IS NO ALTERNATE POLLING PLACE.  This is voter supression big time.

4 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Officers urged voters to cast their ballot at an 'alternate polling place.'  WTF?  There are these procedures you need to go through with the registry in which you are registered as a voter.  There IS NO ALTERNATE POLLING PLACE.  This is voter supression big time.

I suspect they've opened a "clone" poll at an alternate location. It's not like you want the public flocking to a location where there is an active shooter. This is kind of a special circumstance, don't you think?

18 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I need a drink so bad. One hour till I get off work. I predict a quick trip to the liquor store on the way home.

Agreed.  And I hereby give any and all networks permission to call this one as decided.

Picking the Florida Counties as they get to 100% reporting.  Trump outperforming Romney in tiny Florida counties without a lot of people.

Franklin County 2012 - Romney +32
2016 - Trump +39

Bradford County 2012 - Romney +32
2016 - Trump +40

Worrisome, but these are tiny counties.

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Surely there is more than one polling place to which someone can go. As long as it's in your congressional district it shouldn't matter, I would have thought. That's how it works for us in NZ.

Where are you finding by county in Florida?  I'd like to see what mine is doing.

1 minute ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Surely there is more than one polling place to which someone can go. As long as it's in your congressional district it shouldn't matter, I would have thought. That's how it works for us in NZ.

No there is not, at least in every place I've lived, in 3 different states.

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

By the by, the one guy standing outside my polling place who was obviously one of Trump's "poll watchers" was bothersome to me, but at the time he was not pestering people, just trying to look tough and important.

So... about basically what those two Black Panthers were doing in 2008 that caused the Republicans to throw hissy fits.

Archived