US Elections 2016

davos

The NYTimes is giving the election to Trump. NH and VA are still very close, but Michigan ain't looking good.

Florida appears gone, and Ohio isn't looking good.

This is fucking terrifying. I should have gone to bed an hour ago, but it's hard not to keep watch.

This is what I was preparing myself for, though no real way to totally prepare myself.

I was so worried about this, that we were in the place of the Romney voters in 2012, having false faith in polls.

I'm not surprised but am/will be EXTREMELY depressed, anxious, and heartsick.

There's still an ember of hope inside me but I fear if I try to blow on it when the actual results are in it will leave nothing unburnt.

All evidence - quantitative, at least - does support Clinton having a better ground game. Trump, god help us, seems to have the better  message.

VA gap down to less than 20,000 for trump but also running out of votes. Betting it will come down to the thousands if not hundreds of votes.

2 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

Um, what. CNN says Trump is up 5% in counted votes. Some of these numbers are really delayed or something.

They're basing it on exit polls, not votes.

Weren't people saying that Clinton must have been really confident of winning in order for her whole team to be not campaign that hard the last several days?  Seems like she might have the same internal polling errors that Romney had.  Shouldn't polling been able to detect a surge in white turnout?

Archived