US Elections 2016

davos

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

CNN just projected Trump winning Ohio  WTF is happening??????????

That won was generally pretty expected; although the margin is a lot bigger than anticipated.

Interesting that things do seem to be going mostly as expected in Pennsylvania as well thus far. 

4 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Okay, I can get how people think Clinton is dishonest. But TRUMP?

I think rural America puts a lot of stock in white supremacy.

Its not a vote FOR Trump, it's a vote against the corrupt Clinton machine

1 minute ago, Boris the Blade said:

Don't ever fucking tell me that misogyny did not play its part. It's the main reason this is happening. 

No. The main reason this is happening is Michigan.  And that boils down to working class Americans feeling like they are losing their jobs to overseas trade.

Just now, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

CBS calls Virginia for Clinton.

Well, at least now I can think of both of the states I grew up in (New York and Virginia) as being more sane than the rest of the country.

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

What I don't get is why 538 still has Clinton at 55% chance to win. I would think it's more like 55% Trump.

They're too busy crying in the corner to update the percentages.

1 minute ago, Fez said:
5 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

That won was generally pretty expected; although the margin is a lot bigger than anticipated.

Interesting that things do seem to be going mostly as expected in Pennsylvania as well thus far. 

They have 55% Trump. And in reality it's a lot more because they only base it on called states.

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I was afraid of this, just because of the degree of loathing that the right wing media has created for Hillary Clinton over the years. I never though the Democratic establishment was smart to anoint her and not develop a string of younger candidates to compete for the nomination this year. The older generation of Democratic voters were I think clueless about how the country as a whole would really look at their favorite candidate.

Yup

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

No. The main reason this is happening is Michigan.  And that boils down to working class Americans feeling like they are losing their jobs to overseas trade.

So they elect one of the guys that ships jobs overseas. And call him honest.

1 minute ago, Frog Eater said:

Its not a vote FOR Trump, it's a vote against the corrupt Clinton machine

So instead of the dodgy but never proven to be criminally corrupt Clinton machine, they prefer the proven to be corrupt (Trump University, Trump Foundation,...) Trump conglomerate? Really?

This is about xenophobia and sexism. If you care about honesty and corruption, you don't vote for the provably less honest an more corrupt candidate.

Just now, Rhom said:

I agree. Promising jobs to a state that has lost a whole bunch of manufacturing jobs is very tempting for the working classes. Trouble is I think Trump would have to remove the USA from the WTO to deliver. I don't think the corporate multi-national masters will allow that. Only a lefty who doesn't give a shit about corporate America could really take the USA out of the WTO.

I didn't think this was possible, boy was I wrong. Media has a lot to answer for. Feel bad for all those blue-collar workers who think Trump will do anything for them. Actually, I probably shouldn't feel bad 'cause they've been told and Trump doesn't care about them. He's even stated that he doesn't believe in a higher wage.

Democratic party got what they wanted; Hillary as the nominee. They have to live with that decision. 

Feel bad for immigrants and minorities and women. The press better prepare for retribution from Trump.

I'm still hoping for a Clinton win.

Archived