US Elections 2016

davos

1 minute ago, Eponine said:

Hopefully with an inward looking component, about the messages we send, the candidates we promote, and the people we reach out to, instead of just pointing at the voters and calling them idiots, racists and misogynists. 

I completely agree with this. 

One thing got forgotten amongst all the nasty talk and discussion of emails...  It's the economy, stupid.

The media spent all this time on character flaws, and in the end it comes down to jobs.

2 minutes ago, zelticgar said:

Should we start a Canadian exodus roll call thread? Too soon?  

I'm staying put and keeping my voice a buoy of sanity no matter how insane around me the waters turn.

ETA:

IF I stay sane after tonight that is...

1 minute ago, zelticgar said:

Should we start a Canadian exodus roll call thread? Too soon?  

I am not going to Canada. I plan to spend my retirement practicing civil disobedience and probably getting myself arrested for the first time in my life.

Just now, Ormond said:

Before it was clear Clinton had the nomination in the bag, the Democrat I sent a little money to was O'Malley. Tonight that makes me feel smart, but also incredibly sad.

Huh i actually dint think ice heard anyone say that.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

One thing got forgotten amongst all the nasty talk and discussion of emails...  It's the economy, stupid.

The media spent all this time on character flaws, and in the end it comes down to jobs.

As in people don't want them?

I mean, I guess one good thing to look forward to is that perhaps I'll be able to afford a better house in the near future when the market plummets again. 

9 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

Because he is telling them he is going to bring jobs back to America, to bring back the days of American manufacturing. 

There is a lot he isnt telling them, or a lot they arent willing to listen to. 

This is all going to come down to Nevada at the end of the night. Whoever wins Nevada, will win the election. Maybe those insults against immigrants will come back to haunt him. 

Yes, I was just wondering what happened to that big Latino voter increase that the media was touting recently

Archived