US Elections - Could this be an American Brexit?

zelticgar

Why are you guys acting as though it is over? From what I can tell (e.g. at FiveThirtyEight), it is going to be really close, but Clinton is still more likely than not to win (at this moment, 272.1 electoral votes for Clinton, 265.2 for Trump).

1 minute ago, zelticgar said:

Continue

As a mere Aussie, it probably isn't my place to comment but I'm reminded of when Reagan's victory was announced and a guy on the bus I was on took off his hat, stamped on it in the middle of aisle shouting 'fuck you America'. I've got my hat out.

1 minute ago, Altherion said:

Why are you guys acting as though it is over? From what I can tell (e.g. at FiveThirtyEight), it is going to be really close, but Clinton is still more likely than not to win (at this moment, 272.1 electoral votes for Clinton, 265.2 for Trump).

I just updated it to soften the topic a little. 

If Trump wins he will be entering office with very high negatives.  That makes me skeptical of how much he can really do.  

He'll have both a Republican House as well as a Republican Senate. Oh, and due to the SC opening, he'll also have a friendly Supreme Court. There's nothing that is going to stop him.

6 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Because 538 is just basing theirs off of called states, while MI and WI look very dicey for Clinton, and if she loses one of them it's pretty much over.

Just now, theguyfromtheVale said:

He'll have both a Republican House as well as a Republican Senate. Oh, and due to the SC opening, he'll also have a friendly Supreme Court. There's nothing that is going to stop him.

That also means they will get all the blame for what happens.

1 minute ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

Most of the Senate hates him, and a portion of the house. He's not an unchecked  21st century Hitler.

6 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Because their model relies on called states, not on visible trends. The visible trend is that Clinton is losing both Michigan and Wisconsin; if she does, she loses the Electoral College vote, pain and simple, and it's game over.

Archived