Lookin' fer some theories

Illyrio Mo'Parties

Heyooo, I just saw this video... I can't find the link. Sorry.

Anyway, the fella therein speaks about a couple of theories as if they were old hat or common knowledge. I've never seen them, and I wonder if anybody else could point me in the right direction.

1. Cersei had another child prior to Joffrey

2. Cersei is Gendry's mother

3. Brandon Stark was Robb's father

4. Brandon Stark was a rapist

5. Brandon raped Lyanna

6. Brandon is Jon Snow's father

The Brandon stuff is very interesting, and I can't believe I never considered it before: the way Barbrey Dustin frames it, Brandon was a lothario, and yet she was fond of him; there could easily be a more sinister twist to that. And if he raped Lyanna - perhaps tried to claim the right of first night before her wedding - that might explain why she ran, and so on, and so forth. It's an appropriately dark, Chinatown-like twist.

Thoughts?

One and Two would invalidate the valonqar prophecy so are non-starters. Plus they are reliant on a clue about Gendry's mother's hair colour that already has had the meaning of explained a long time ago. And there is no convincing motive ever offered as to why Gendry was given away in that case.

Don't buy the other four for a mixture of timeline issues and that Brandon is not as sinister as some believe him to be.

On November 12, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Orphalesion said:

Please don't be offended, but I'm not sure if this is a joke-thread making fun of crackpot theories (especially with the video link missing) or just a bunch of bad crackpot theories...

1-2: This solely hinges on Cersei talking (lying) about having a dark haired kid with Robert that died in infancy in the show, right?

She speaks of that child with Robert... Do you think he was brainwashed to also remember it?

On 12/11/2016 at 8:54 AM, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

That would mean that Maggy's prophecy has already being proved false.

And for some reason she left him in Flea bottom?

Because we all know how in Westeros a woman is magically impregnated without having sex.

Because there are numerous women who have claimed that Brandon raped them.

5. Brandon raped Lyanna

We all know how in Westeros a pregnancy last more than a year.

couple of theories

There are not theories. They are at the best case fan fictions.

The Brandon stuff is very interesting, and I can't believe I never considered it before: the way Barbrey Dustin frames it, Brandon was a lothario, and yet she was fond of him; there could easily be a more sinister twist to that. And if he raped Lyanna - perhaps tried to claim the right of first night before her wedding - that might explain why she ran, and so on, and so forth. It's an appropriately dark, Chinatown-like twist.

Is there anything in the text to imply that Brandon was a rapist who raped his sister and she gave birth to their child more than a year after the rape?

On 12.11.2016 at 1:54 AM, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

Anyway, the fella therein speaks about a couple of theories as if they were old hat or common knowledge. I've never seen them, and I wonder if anybody else could point me in the right direction.

5. Brandon raped Lyanna

Thoughts?

1. That was in the show. Not as a theory, Cersei said that she had a child with Robert before Joffrey was born. I believe it was in the 2. episode. And like others have said it invalidates the prophey. 

I don't have the links for the 3. and 4., sorry. Don't believe it. 

The thing with Brandon raping Lyanna and being Jon's father was discussed in the show section of this forum here's the link: 

I personally don't believe in any of these theories and I've argued in the thread I linked you against the last one. As JQC pointed out it doesn't work timeline wise and I believe R+L=J. 

On 11/12/2016 at 1:54 AM, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

5. Brandon raped Lyanna

Thoughts?

A theory I have just starting to subscribe to is that Littlefinger started the whole kidnapping rumor of Lyanna stark to get back at hot headed Brandon and to hope that during the turmoil he could get me Catlyn.  My theory goes that at the inn by the crossroad Littlefinger sees something dealing with Rhaegar and Lyanna and he goes back to the riverlands and spreads the rumor and the rest is history.

Archived