The case for Arya becoming a queen in her endgame

Arya-Jon

I have talked about this in my tumblr blog. But sharing it here for you guys. Discuss B)

Foreshadowing 1

“You,” Ned said, kissing her lightly on the brow, “will marry a king and rule his castle, and your sons will be knights and princes and lords and, yes, perhaps even a High Septon.” 

Ned would never expect her to marry Joffrey or Robert Baratheon. So why is he saying this? Unless it is Grrm speaking through Ned’s mouth and possibly giving a hint about her future? 

While some people claim that the words were meant for Sansa because Arya replies “No that’s Sansa”, I think it is simply a case of misdirection which George often uses in his foreshadowing. For instance-

“King,” croaked the raven. The bird flapped across the solar to land on Mormont’s shoulder. “King,” it said again, strutting back and forth.

“He likes that word,” Jon said, smiling.

“An easy word to say. An easy word to like.”

“King,” the bird said again.

“I think he means for you to have a crown, my lord.” [Jon said.]

Jon just like Arya thinks that the particular word is not meant for him. But as we have seen in the show, it was indeed meant for him. So that line about marrying a king could also be meant for Arya.

Foreshadowing 2

“Brandon. Yes. Brandon would know what to do. He always did. It was all meant for Brandon. You, Winterfell, everything. He was born to be a King’s Hand and a father to queens. I never asked for this cup to pass to me.”

Father to queens not queen. Sansa is marrying Joffrey. But why queens? Unless Grrm wants to hint to us that Arya is going to become a queen?

Foreshadowing 3

The wolf symbolism. Ie  Jon’s wolf’s name is Ghost and his spirit/ghost gets to spend time in it . In some way as a man returned from the dead, Jon himself is some kind of a ghost isnt he? Similarly Bran’s wolf dies at the end of summer in the show. Arya’s is named Nymeria who was a ruler of her people. Should that not be important?

Foreshadowing 4 

And there is no gap anymore. “If a twelve-year old has to conquer the world, then so be it.”  -GRRM  when talking about abandoning the five year gap

There may be very few people who will be 12 in ADOS and Arya is among them. (Yeah I am down with Arya emulating her show idol Visenya as a conqueror ;) )

Foreshadowing 5

One argument people use to brush away the idea of Arya becoming a queen is that there is no such evidence in the show. This part is covered in spoilers as I am talking about the show.

Spoiler

I think they have given some sort of evidence. Watch this youtube conversation between Tywin and Arya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7xQeOQ8_vs

Note how Arya is idolizing Visenya and knows that she had a sword called “dark sister” and claiming that Aegon conquered Westeros not by himself but due to his sister wives. Could this not foreshadow Arya being part of some sort of conquest in the side of Jon and end up becoming some sort of co-ruler (like Visenya) if not a queen? You may like this gifpost by the way :). Especially if you like me see parallels in Arya and Visenya.

http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/152882222089/dreamofspring-the-dragon-has-three-heads

Foreshadowing 6

The other argument people give is that Grrm abandoned plans about Arya becoming queen after he wrote the Game of Thrones book. But there is this quote in “A Dance with Dragons”!

The girl smiled in a way that reminded Jon so much of his little sister that it almost broke his heart. The snowflakes were melting on her cheeks, but her hair was wrapped in a swirl of lace that Satin had found somewhere, and the snow had begun to collect there, giving her a frosty crown. Her cheeks were flushed and red, and her eyes sparkled

Notice the connection of frosty crown with Arya. Could this not be a hint of Arya becoming a queen? With Alys as an Arya stand in.

Another similar one is here in  “A Feast for Crows” !!!

The girl was too young and too plain to be Sansa Stark, but she was of the right age to be the younger sister, and even Lady Catelyn had said that Arya lacked her sister's beauty. -Brienne thinking about Willow

but it was Willow shouting all the orders, as if she were a queen in her castle and the other children were no more than servants. 

Brienne mistakes Willow for Arya in “A Feast for Crows” . And then she thinks of her as a queen!

Now the next bit is speculation but I think that Daniel Abraham is talking about the  Arya -Ned dialog “You will marry a king and rule his castle....”  when he says this

I’ve spoken to George a lot in the process.  The biggest issues we have are continuity questions.  There are things about this story that only he knows, and they aren’t all obvious.  There was one scene I had to rework because there’s a particular line of dialog – and you wouldn’t know it to look at – that’s important in the last scene of “A Dream of Spring.” 

He has had to rework the line. Maybe he considered a part of the line unimportant and changed it. Like in the show where the writers replaced “You will marry a king” with “You will marry a high lord”. There are few other lines which fit. They have to be dialogs , not just thoughts and something which he may have had to rework.  So I think that line fits very well. For more details try this thread

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/136544-a-possible-answer-to-the-mystery-line-of-dialog-in-the-got-book-which-is-very-important-in-the-last-scene-of-ados/

As Daniel Abraham is talking about this line in 2011, there is a fat chance that Grrm has not abandoned the idea of Arya becoming a queen. The idea is further strengthened as Arya queen references have also been put by Grrm (using Willow and Alys) in AFFC and ADWD which are the most recent books :). 

It is also interesting to note that the initial title for “A Dream of Spring”, book was  “ A Time for Wolves” and Arya is the Stark who most strongly embraces her wolf identity. 

Spoiler

Grrm has claimed that he would be keeping the same ending as 1991 (when he wrote the infamous outline about a Arya-Jon-Tyrion love triangle) in an IGN interview . The exact quote is here

As I write these last two books I’ll be moving towards the endings that I’ve known since 1991 but many of the fine details may be moved around and changed -Grrm

So maybe he will still make Arya a queen for Jon. But without the dark romance/passion and simply due to duty and familial love? Ony lord and Grrm knows :). You just need to browse my blog for  Arya-Jon rulership combo theories  and their hints ;) But to get a general idea try out this link http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/132985969484/my-predicted-asoiaf-endgame-based-on-grrms-hints

In summary, I feel that she has a strong chance to be a ruler. There are some people who claim she will die. I don’t disagree. All men and women must die, but it can happen in a epilogue after she has ruled, no? When we get to see her children (who may be lords/princes or high septon or greenseer) and a matured Bran  :)?  I think there is a lot of irony involved if Arya ever gets that destiny especially after saying “No thats Sansa” . Somewhat similar to how an ugly duckling matures into a swan.

Spoiler

Sorry. i wont be available for the discussion. Too busy lol

Great post!

I'd like to add some historical callbacks to Arya that George weaves into her story. From Aegon the Unlikely to Good Queen Alysanne.

I think Arya is more of a combination of Visenya & Rhaenys. Beyond a character breakdown, it's nice that Arya learns more about these great women.

The mummers off the Ship showed her how a hero stands, and taught her speeches from The Song of the Rhoyne (Nymeria), The Conqueror's Two Wives (Rhaenys & Visenya), and The Merchant's Lusty Lady. - Cat of the Canals 

22 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Great post!

I'd like to add some historical callbacks to Arya that George weaves into her story. From Aegon the Unlikely to Good Queen Alysanne.

I think Arya is more of a combination of Visenya & Rhaenys. Beyond a character breakdown, it's nice that Arya learns more about these great women.

The mummers off the Ship showed her how a hero stands, and taught her speeches from The Song of the Rhoyne (Nymeria), The Conqueror's Two Wives (Rhaenys & Visenya), and The Merchant's Lusty Lady. - Cat of the Canals

Thanks B) Could you link the posts/threads for Arya/Aegon/Rhaenys etc. Remember having seen the Aegon and Rhaenys one somewhere. Its when you notice things such as this bolded portion and other intricacies which I mentioned in my OP (such as Willow/Alys) that you realize how much effort Grrm puts into his writing. 

Spoiler

I was supposed to concentrate on my research project and not discuss much. Guess thats going well.:rolleyes:

Yes! I am in full belief that Arya will be queen of the north with Jon as king of the north. There are so many hints and clues that lead to this conclusion for her. Part of me thinks she'll almost die too, like Jon, in the books before coming back to Westeros. I thought of this before season six aired. Nymeria and her wolf pack will be important as well. I get the feeling that maybe Arya will be the one to take out the Night King somehow; or defend Winterfell from the wight's/others taking charge. There's just so much potential with her end game.

19 minutes ago, Richard Writhen said:

If she is going to take out Daenerys, maybe she will actually wind up with Jon like in the original outline.

Or maybe she may not need to

This is just a theory but do read it-

http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/152426102574/the-dragon-has-three-heads-and-the-third-head

Like it may or may not work out. And I  personally think Dany will be killed by someone else or sacrifice herself. 

This is an accompanying gifset for the three heads of the dragon thing I thought about.

http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/152882222089/dreamofspring-the-dragon-has-three-heads

I know it is not certain. But think this has a 10-20% chance of happening.

I'm on a reread now and I've noticed some interesting parallels between Jon and Arya in their first POV chapters.

Suddenly he realized that the table had fallen silent, and they were all looking at him. He felt the tears begin to well behind his eyes. He pushed himself to his feet. “I must be excused,” he said with the last of his dignity. He whirled and bolted before they could see him cry. He must have drunk more wine than he had realized. His feet got tangled under him as he tried to leave, and he lurched sideways into a serving girl and sent a flagon of spiced wine crashing to the floor. Laughter boomed all around him, and Jon felt hot tears on his cheeks. Someone tried to steady him. He wrenched free of their grip and ran, half-blind, for the door. Ghost followed close at his heels, out into the night. - AGOT Jon

Everyone was looking at her. It was too much. Sansa was too well bred to smile at her sister’s disgrace, but Jeyne was smirking on her behalf. Even Princess Myrcella looked sorry for her. Arya felt tears filling her eyesShe pushed herself out of her chair and bolted for the door... Then she whirled and made her exit, running down the steps as fast as her feet would take her... She got up and ran, the wolf coming hard at her heels. - AGOT Arya

Dogs moved between the tables, trailing after the serving girls. One of them, a black mongrel bitch with long yellow eyes, caught a scent of the chicken... Ghost went back to his meal. Jon grinned and reached under the table to ruffle the shaggy white fur. The direwolf looked up at him, nipped gently at his hand, then went back to eating. - AGOT Jon

Nymeria was waiting for her in the guardroom at the base of the stairs. She bounded to her feet as soon as she caught sight of Arya. Arya grinned... Nymeria nipped eagerly at her hand as Arya untied her. She had yellow eyes. When they caught the sunlight, they gleamed like two golden coins. - AGOT Arya

They also compare themselves to their older siblings, whose shadows they live in but will one day surpass.

Benjen gave Jon a careful, measuring look. “You don’t miss much, do you, Jon? We could use a man like you on the Wall.” Jon swelled with pride. “Robb is a stronger lance than I am, but I’m the better sword, and Hullen says I sit a horse as well as anyone in the castle.” - AGOT Jon

It wasn’t fair. Sansa had everything. Sansa was two years older; maybe by the time Arya had been born, there had been nothing left. Often it felt that way. Sansa could sew and dance and sing. She wrote poetry. She knew how to dress. She played the high harp and the bells. Worse, she was beautiful. Sansa had gotten their mother’s fine high cheekbones and the thick auburn hair of the Tullys. Arya took after their lord father. Her hair was a lusterless brown, and her face was long and solemn. Jeyne used to call her Arya Horseface, and neigh whenever she came near. It hurt that the one thing Arya could do better than her sister was ride a horse. Well, that and manage a household. Sansa had never had much of a head for figures. If she did marry Prince Joff, Arya hoped for his sake that he had a good steward. - AGOT Arya

31 minutes ago, Ye Shall Be As Gods said:

Arya would make for a terrible ruler.  

Maybe we haven't seen her having any good or bad ruling abilities.

She's too emotionally damaged by her trauma. 

Yes she is traumatised. That doesn't mean that with help she cannot be healed.

She's screwed in the head.

No she isn't.

I predict she will die

Yes, she will die as Jon has already told.

Also welcome.

5 hours ago, Arya-Jon said:

Thanks Could you link the posts/threads for Arya/Aegon/Rhaenys etc. Remember having seen the Aegon and Rhaenys one somewhere. Its when you notice things such as this bolded portion and other intricacies which I mentioned in my OP (such as Willow/Alys) that you realize how much effort Grrm puts into his writing. 

Hide contents

I was supposed to concentrate on my research project and not discuss much. Guess thats going well.:rolleyes:

With Rhaeyns, the similarities in their personalities, she is the softer side of Arya. Rhaenys rode her dragon more than Aegon/Visenya combined. So Rhaeyns is also an adventurer at heart, brave and independent. 

ARYA & RHAEYNS BOTH WANT TO TRAVEL WEST OF WESTEROS.

So not only is Rhaeyns the most connected to her dragon of the siblings and spends the most time on dragonback, she also said she wanted to fly on her golden-eyed Meraxes and cross the Sunset sea and discover what is West of Westeros. And tada, D&D insert that same desire in Arya in the latest season.

What are your thoughts on the letter Aegon receives that is suggested to be about Rhaeyns being captured and tortured in Dorne. The skull of her dragon Meraxes is sent back to Aegon along with a letter:

King Aegon was determined to refuse the offer until Princess Deria placed in his hands a private letter from her father, Prince Nymor. Aegon read it upon the Iron Throne, and men say that when he rose, his hand was bleeding, so hard had he clenched it. He burned the letter and departed immediately on Balerion’s back for Dragonstone. When he returned the next morning, it was done. He had agreed to the peace and signed a treaty to that effect. (“Dorne: Dorne Against the Dragons”, The World of Ice and Fire)

Jon also receives a letter about his beloved sister, a captive with an enemy House as sadistic as the Ullers (who were suggested to be torturing Rhaeyns in Dorne.) 

His fingers closed around the parchment. Would that they could crush Ramsay Bolton’s throat as easily. (Jon, A Dance with Dragons)

Jon gives in - tormented by the situation. His actions get more desperate and he continues to give in with every disappointment/failure in saving Arya. Aegon gives in as well and gives Dorne exactly what they want as quickly as possible without consulting with anyone. Jon eventually breaks his vows and resolves to rescue his sister.

During his exchange with Mel:

"The heart is all that matters. Do not despair, Lord Snow. Despair is a weapon of the enemy, whose name may not be spoken. Your sister is not lost to you."

"I have no sister." The words were knives. What do you know of my heart, priestess? What do you know of my sister?

Jon makes a point that other brothers would set aside their feelings if their own sisters were in a similar situation. Jon couldn't with his half-sister.

~*~

NOT TRADITIONAL WARRIORS

Arya (like her heroine Nymeria) will never be a battlefield warrior like Visenya. Nymeria was a commander and leader of her people. This is similar to Rhaenys, who was more a strategist than a combat warrior. Rhaeyns also has a vengeful side as we saw with her attack on Storm’s End,

“Rhaenys wrought vengeance upon the attackers of Orys, robbed them of familiar territory to use in the future, and struck a healthy dose of fear into the stormlords, who warned King Argilac of the dragon and her rider.”

When Rhaeyns tried to take Dorne, going on her own the first time, shows how much trust Aegon put in her, and how powerful she was with Meraxes. Rhaenys was fearsome as she threatens Dorne with bloody retribution, Rhaenys replied, “but we will come again, princess, and the next time we shall come with fire and blood.”

*SPYING:  Arya’s talents in this area are well documented with her training in the HoBW. She also demonstrates early signs of being an excellent spy BEFORE arriving to Braavos. When she was a prisoner in Harrenhal reading Roose’s letters or climbing a huge tree at the God’s Eye lake to scout miles ahead for help. Rhaenys also used this ability, “Spying from dragonback, Rhaenys could report the movements of the Storm King’s host without Argilac himself having any way to counter her scouting (as he might have with traditional ground-based scouts).”

*Also interesting: GRRM includes an image of Arya gazing at Blarion the Black Dread, which just so happens to be Aegon the Conquer’s dragon. The only other major characters that are alive in the asoiaf that are also depicted in GRRM’s book TWoI&F were Jon & Dany.

2 hours ago, LordImp said:

I like this a lot. But i see one obstacle in Arya being Jons Queen and that obstacle is Gendry. I dont know if Gendry will be relevant or even alive by the end , i'm thinking that Gendry is the one Arya ends up with. 

I dont know whether this is true. But Grrm (allegedly) said that Arya and Gendry have different destinies as mentioned in the above thread. But he has also said they will meet. I personally really really doubt Gendry becoming anything more than a knight/lord.

1) Because there is Edric Storm

2) He needs legitimization which Stannis wont provide. Who would?

3) Like his situation as a bastard is worse than even Jon and Edric because at least they were raised with the knowledge of their father in the subject's eyes (in jon's case wrongly). The only proof anyone has about Gendry is his looks

4) He still has a chance to be a lord/knight if a king legitimizes him. Though no king would legitimize him to create another king only a lord. But like its very very tough as there is a seperate candidate in Edric and no proof.

Also, as the title of book is the song of ice and fire -I always thought Jon(Ice and fire),Arya(Ice) , Dany(Fire) are a team.  http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/152426102574/the-dragon-has-three-heads-and-the-third-head

Plus she will likely want to be with her pack. She herself said that Gendry is not her pack. So she would prefer to be with Bran(wolf) if Jon is dead. She cares more about being at home with her pack rather than someone unknown. And after what she has gone through and as there are no parents to force her  , I doubt she would change.

On which “Game of Thrones” character he would play: “If I could magically clap my hands and become a different person, it would be cool to play Jon Snow, who is much more the classic hero. Everybody wants to be the classic hero, right?,”

If he is to die soon as a tragic hero maybe Grrm would not want to be him, right? Plus he has already died once . And there is this quote

“Some major characters — yes, I always had plans, what Tyrion’s arc was gonna be through this, what Arya’s arc was gonna be through this, what Jon Snow’s arc is gonna be.

So maybe he has not changed?

Spoiler

But I wont deny that I am in team Jon-Arya though and yeah I do fear that Benioff may develop cold feet or do fan service to Arya-Gendry fans.

I don't think Arya is suited to be queen within the seven kingdoms.  I can see her taking Dalla's place as queen-beyond-the-wall though.  It fits her wild nature.  She's a rule-breaker not a rule-maker.  Jon is the same way.  I would like to see them live with the wildlings on the other side of the wall.  Jon can take Mance Rayder's place as their king-beyond-the-wall and Arya can be his queen. 

Neither one would make for a good lord or lady of Winterfell, let alone king and queen of the seven kingdoms.  Both would be a poor fit for that role.  Jon can't even manage the night watch.  I don't even want to see him try to manage the north.  He belongs with the wildlings and Arya's place is at his side. 

5 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Neither one would make for a good lord or lady of Winterfell, let alone king and queen of the seven kingdoms.  Both would be a poor fit for that role.  Jon can't even manage the night watch.  I don't even want to see him try to manage the north.  He belongs with the wildlings and Arya's place is at his side. 

If we believe half the tales that are told in this forum, no one, literally no one is fit to be king. About Dany they say she is too weak and gets easily affected by her advisers or she is like Aerys . They dont like how she ruled in ADWD. About, Tyrion they dont like how he treats women and his contempt for the small folk. Jaime also they will come up with something. 

So maybe we must have no rulers and just have a democracy. Though again then we get Trump.

Spoiler

A lot of what I am saying is sarcastic

14 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

Yes! I am in full belief that Arya will be queen of the north with Jon as king of the north. There are so many hints and clues that lead to this conclusion for her. Part of me thinks she'll almost die too, like Jon, in the books before coming back to Westeros. I thought of this before season six aired. Nymeria and her wolf pack will be important as well. I get the feeling that maybe Arya will be the one to take out the Night King somehow; or defend Winterfell from the wight's/others taking charge. There's just so much potential with her end game.

I agree. Cheers to that :D

However it is not necessary that Jon is stuck as king in the north. Especially if he marries Dany which I think he will. His castle may be winterfell his arms may be that of the Starks but he can still be king of westeros by conquest.

“Jon Snow had dreamed of leading men to glory just as King Daeron had, of growing up to be a conqueror. Now he was a man grown and the Wall was his, yet all he had were doubts. He could not even seem to conquer those.”

He is idolizing Daeron and a Targaryen who had conquered in the south. Maybe he too will have some of his legacy.

That’s the real king of this castle right there,” one of the gold cloaks had told her. “Older than sin and twice as mean. One time, the king was feasting the queen’s father, and that black bastard hopped up on the table and snatched a roast quail right out of Lord Tywin’s fingers. Robert laughed so hard he like to burst. You stay away from that one, child.”-GOT Arya

Jon (who is the only black bastard we know of) is called the real king of the castle at King's landing (Red Keep) . In the Winterfell crypts he felt he did not belong there,

Also for Arya to be a conqueror it makes more sense for her to conquer Westeros, right? Because she may not be 12 by the time Winterfell is conquered and may not be physically needed for its conquest. Also as she knows the secret passageways in King's landing,it makes more sense for her to conquer Westeros, right?. Making her know about them has to have some purpose, right? That passageway with dragons which takes you outside and inside the castle. Was it only to make her escape?

Two recommended posts

http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/132985969484/my-predicted-asoiaf-endgame-based-on-grrms-hints

http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/152426102574/the-dragon-has-three-heads-and-the-third-head

Basically I believe Jon will marry both Dany and Arya.

Jon who is (ice and fire) will marry Dany(fire) and Arya(ice). Thats why his/theirs is the song of ice and fire. The dragon has three heads. Though all this will be accompanied by death of a beloved (maybe Dany first/then much later Arya after she rules) , revenge, passion, violence of large scale and the toughness of ruling a highly indebted realm. 

I just hope that iron bank wont kill all the dragons.

16 hours ago, Arya-Jon said:

In summary, I feel that she has a strong chance to be a ruler.

Your arguments are rather weak. In your opening post you put forward 6 "foreshadowings":

• some of them spoiled by referring to the show (No. 1, 3, 5 and 6)
  • based on grammatical details (No. 2 "Father to queens not queen.")
  • playing billiard (from Jon to Arya, No. 1, from Willow to Arya (No. 6), from Alys Karstark to Arya (No. 6)

I feel you are following a lot of wishful thinking. We have 5 books with plenty of possible candidates to rule Westero (Stannis, Daenerys, Young Griff alias Aegon, Tommen/Cersei/Myrcella Lannister, maybe even Littlefinger, Jon Snow).

You bet on a candiate (Arya) which would only have 2 books left to become a leader/ruler starting from zero? A bet with a very high risk I would say.

6 hours ago, Arya-Jon said:

I dont know whether this is true. But Grrm (allegedly) said that Arya and Gendry have different destinies as mentioned in the above thread. But he has also said they will meet.

Well, what GRRM allegedly said was a complete hearsay be the author for several reasons: we don't know how the "friend" of the fanfic writer asked it, but we do know that GRRM dislikes fanfic. And secondly at Balticon GRRM confirmed that Gendry and Arya will meet again with a fond smile to @Joan Jett (he seemed to be under the impression she might be a fan of Gendry-Arya lol), and stressed how young they both still are. Afterwards in a lengthy exchange where Joan Jett asked questions about the many times Jon thinks of Arya and Arya thinks of Jon and the possible romantic implications behind it, George first explained it was more something like a favorite sibling who's a role model and then spoke at length how the outline was something he made up at the time to get a publishing contract and had no intention of keeping himself to it. The only thing relevant about that outline would be the ending, which was blacked out in the leaked version.  

As for the OP If Arya becomes queen, I don't think she will be one through marriage. Nymeria wasn't one through marriage either.

48 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

As for the OP If Arya becomes queen, I don't think she will be one through marriage. Nymeria wasn't one through marriage either.

Actually dorne was founded on the alliance between martell and nymeria. I am thinking more on the lines of arya being a a head of a dragon.  Though I could be wrong

There are two men in the world who I can trust, if I can find them. I will not be alone then. We will be three against the world, like Aegon and his sisters. 

Instead of men, I think it will be Arya,Jon and Dany. The song of ice and fire. http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/152426102574/the-dragon-has-three-heads-and-the-third-head

http://arya-jon-tyrion.tumblr.com/post/152882222089/dreamofspring-the-dragon-has-three-heads (this gifset)

I know about that conversation regarding JoanJett ;) But I also know he said this

Grrm has claimed that he would be keeping the same ending as 1991 (when he wrote the infamous outline about a Arya-Jon-Tyrion love triangle) in an IGN interview . The exact quote is here

As I write these last two books I’ll be moving towards the endings that I’ve known since 1991 but many of the fine details may be moved around and changed -Grrm

If in the outline/ or at 1991 it is Jon and Arya as king and queen in the ending (which we dont know) , then would he change it? Does it count as fine details? Also does not Arya(ice), Dany(fire) and Jon(ice and fire) fit? Now Tyrion is hanging around with Dany instead of Arya. And at least in the show he worships her/Dany (maybe like he worshipped Arya iin the outline?) But it could go towards that ending right?

“Some major characters — yes, I always had plans, what Tyrion’s arc was gonna be through this, what Arya’s arc was gonna be through this, what Jon Snow’s arc is gonna be.

So why would he change where Jon or Arya are going towards?

Arya has also said Gendry and Hotpies are not her pack when she was leaving. Neither does she think about Gendry at all in Bravos, which I think Grrm would have made her think if they were endgame.  But  it is undeniable that Gendry has feelings for Arya . Not necessarily love, but a protective feeling . Interesting isnt it all that link between her and bastards?  So it is natural that Grrm would make them meet again and resolve their feelings. They may even have feelings of attraction like Jon and Val (which may or may not be onesided) I just dont think Gendry is in the top 5 important characters mentioned by the Jaquen Hagar actor in a quote and also by Grrm (which he should be if he is marrying Arya and ruling as king)  And the way he has written this has not changed my opinion.

But sure , we would have some good Arya Gendry moments . In the show though, I dont know.  D&D do have a reputation for such moves. Think Gendry Arya shippers may have a good chance there as they made her talk to Gendry as she loved him (unlike in the books). Lets see.

(I also see her as a conqueror in the mould of Visenya as was mentioned in the show Tywin conversation. But I think just like Visenya the conquest  would be for her brother)

Archived