Arya Stark is Nissa Nissa

Shierak Qiya

2 minutes ago, Franklin VI said:

Gendry is a talented smith's apprentice (p. 272, AGOT).  He's the one most likely to rediscover the method for making Valyrian Steel.  Arya will be his Nissa Nissa.  He will temper the sword by stabbing Arya in the heart. 

I mean he may be talented but i dint know if hes THAT talented.

5 minutes ago, Franklin VI said:

Gendry is a talented smith's apprentice (p. 272, AGOT).  He's the one most likely to rediscover the method for making Valyrian Steel.  Arya will be his Nissa Nissa.  He will temper the sword by stabbing Arya in the heart. 

:agree:

I love the idea of Gendry stabbing Arya in her chest to make light bringer. 

Gendry is the best candidate to forge lightbringer.  Second-best choice is Samwell, even if he's not a weaponsmith.  Gillie is another fitting candiate for Nissa Nissa.  I do like Gillie a whole lot better than I like Arya, so I hope Arya is Nissa Nissa.

12 minutes ago, Wrl6199 said:

I mean he may be talented but i dint know if hes THAT talented.

He made a bull's head  helmet while still an apprentice.  Yeah, he's good.  He's the only one of the characters who is a smith.  He loves Arya.  It makes sense.  I'm on board with the theory.  I hope it happens.

52 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

He made a bull's head  helmet while still an apprentice.  Yeah, he's good.  He's the only one of the characters who is a smith.  He loves Arya.  It makes sense.  I'm on board with the theory.  I hope it happens.

Wait did you come up with it or...

So a primary character is sacrificed to move forward the story of a third-level minor character?  :lmao:Not gonna happen.  Besides, Gendry is nowhere near that talented.  He barely knows how to make a regular sword, much less one of Valyrian steel.

1 hour ago, Franklin VI said:

Why? Why would Gendry do this?

This is part of a prophecy that is most likely not being translated or re-told accurately in the first place. So why would Gendry know to do this, randomly make a VS sword with his limited resources at a frickin' orphanage, then just turn around and be like, "huh, this is cool. Hey Arya, put that pink dress back on and come'ere,"... plunge.

This makes no sense at all. There are so many holes in this "theory", but none are really worth asking about.

I personally hope that it is Felyse as I can't stand her or her stupid mustache.

And I really don't think it will be Arya, as it seems like such waste of time and effort in building the character up for her to die in this way. We know that GRRM has said that the character that he regrets writing a POV chapter on is Arys Oakhart for exactly this reason.  

In addition to what has already been noted, where on the actual books do people get that Gendry loves Arya "best of all that is in this world"?

Because he does not. He was A-OK with leaving her, because he cares for his pride more than he cares for her. Which, btw, does not make him a bad person, it's absolutely fine, but it sure does not leave space for anyone to imagine some next level love or any sacrifice-worthy shit.

(Of course, their respective importance in the story should have been a clue before anything else, but just sayin').

5 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

"huh, this is cool. Hey Arya, put that pink dress back on and come'ere,"... plunge.

... Arya spun sideways and - quick as a deer - moved behind Gendry and stabbed his chest with Needle, right where the heart was, as she learned it from the Hound. "Ouups..." Gendry thought, when he felt the cold creeping up and the life fade away. "Maybe I should have asked her before to accept this sacrifice." His legs fainted and he dropped ungraciously into the mud. The last thing he saw was Arya dancing around him, singing "Stupid, stupid, stupid...".

And thus all hope for mankind to endure ended and the Night King and his followers rejoiced and ruled the known world from hence on.

2 minutes ago, Greywater-Watch said:

... Arya spun sideways and - quick as a deer - moved behind Gendry and stabbed his chest with Needle, right where the heart was, as she learned it from the Hound. "Ouups..." Gendry thought, when he felt the cold creeping up and the life fade away. "Maybe I should have asked her before to accept this sacrifice." His legs fainted and he dropped ungraciously into the mud. The last thing he saw was Arya dancing around him, singing "Stupid, stupid, stupid...".

And thus all hope for mankind to endure ended and the Night King and his followers rejoiced and ruled the known world from hence on.

Amen :D

3 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

:lmao:nice ending. 

I also think Arya will be Nissa Nissa, but not Gendry's.  It has been shown that Jon Snow loves Arya more than he loves his duty.  I'm hoping he will grow up and accept the responsibility that he vowed to carry out.  I can see him stabbing Arya in the heart to ignite the Lightbringer.  The theme of the story is that AA will sacrifice the person that he, or she, loves the most.  For Jon, that person that he loves more than any other is Arya.  

1 hour ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

I also think Arya will be Nissa Nissa, but not Gendry's.  It has been shown that Jon Snow loves Arya more than he loves his duty.  I'm hoping he will grow up and accept the responsibility that he vowed to carry out.  I can see him stabbing Arya in the heart to ignite the Lightbringer.  The theme of the story is that AA will sacrifice the person that he, or she, loves the most.  For Jon, that person that he loves more than any other is Arya.  

Sorry, doesn't work neither:

He had not slept much this night. His head was still spinning, was it only a dream? Slowly he remembered, the red woman, what did she tell him? "You MUST do it, Jon snow. for the sake of the realm, you must. Let the love you feel for your little sister flow into your sword, let it become Lightbringer." His throat was dry, he wished he had some wine. When he rose, Ghost was standing at the foot of his bed, bearing his teeth, a deep growl filling the room - his direwolf had never acted like this before. Or was someone else in the room? But there was no one. Arya - she had appeared at Castle Black a week ago, unexpected. The joy of holding her in his arms was too much for him, the Lord Commander. Despite being in front of all the men in the court he had not been able to withhold his tears. But it did not matter. They talked for hours then, through the whole night. So much she had to tell him, at the end it felt like a dream. Only someone like Arya could have survived alone so many adventures, more than most men alive would ever live to see. It was like when they where children in Winterfell, he mussed her hair and they could end sentences together. But then he remembered yesterday's evening, when he visited Arya after Melisandre revealed her cruel plan to him. She had warned him to act quickly. But he couldn't, last night he tried to make his farewell from Arya, one last time exchanging on their common memories of Winterfell. Somehow, however, he felt she must have sensed something was awry. It did not matter, he was prepared. He took Longlaw and slipped out of his room. Early dawn, the court of Castle Black was deserted, so unnoticed he arrived at Arya's chamber. Carefully he opened the door, listeneing, then approaching her bed...., when suddenly he felt a pain in his chest and a thin balde covered with his blood poked out from where his heart had ist place. He heard the voice of a girl whispering in his ear "stick 'em with the pointy end". Then he felt nothing and darkness was the last he saw.

Arya will not die ( I refuse to believe so until I read it. She can die in the epilogue of the last book). This whole prophecy mak bank sense to me anyways. It sounds like sideshadowing or that there's another way this prophecy can be deciphered. 

If there is a Nissa Nissa are we even sure she has to die? And Azor Ahai can be a female, right? Isn't a gender less word or do I have that information wrong? 

Archived