Marvel cancels Inhumans movie in favor of 2017 TV show

Bastard of Boston

GOT-like battle for the throne at Atttilan. Feige certainly takre notice of GOT fame, add to it Disney/Marvel way of doing things. It could be really good. Might be curious to see if we'll see some of GOT directors on this.

Inhumans on tv, mini series, might mean X-men on the big sceen? Well, probably not but one can dream.

On 11/18/2016 at 3:21 PM, polishgenius said:

It could be difficult to portray voice powers like Black Bolt's convincingly on  screen... but thankfully, Disney have experience.

I think the super destructive voice would look awfully similar to a wider angled version of Quake's "quakes", just like Vibe's quakes on Flash. Conical rings. Just wayyyyy more destructive.

And I respectfully disagree on Karnak's hat, the hoodie with the facial tats are kinda badass. Headgear is one of the major inherent flaws of the comics medium. Wacky hats were just a way to differentiate when you were limited to four hair color options and two hairstyles for men. Well, three I guess, wavy hair, crew cut, and whatever was on Norman Osborne's head.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

yeah.... this shows their commitment to not sucking.... it certainly helps with my natural inclination to expect everything on broadcast TV to be awful.... all of the casting looks good so far....I 'm anxious to see who gets cast as Black Bolt

Has there been any indication how connected (if at all) this will be to Agents of SHIELD? I don't want a crossover or anything, but I'm kinda concerned they're just going to totally ignore what has been established about Inhumans so far. 

Logan, Legion and to a lesser extent Deadpool have all been good and/or successful with the "Don't worry about it." approach to continuity but I'd rather not see the MCU to go this route.  They've had some minor retcons and the issue that the TV/movie relationship ranges from one sided to non-existent. But they've generally done a good job of making everything seem consistent and connected.

21 hours ago, RumHam said:

Has there been any indication how connected (if at all) this will be to Agents of SHIELD? I don't want a crossover or anything, but I'm kinda concerned they're just going to totally ignore what has been established about Inhumans so far. 

Logan, Legion and to a lesser extent Deadpool have all been good and/or successful with the "Don't worry about it." approach to continuity but I'd rather not see the MCU to go this route.  They've had some minor retcons and the issue that the TV/movie relationship ranges from one sided to non-existent. But they've generally done a good job of making everything seem consistent and connected.

I think there will be an offhanded remark about the Earthbound Inhumans. This is an ABC show, just like AoS. I feel like you're more likely to see politics prevent connections when the media is cross-platform or cross-network. As long as ABC continues to air SHIELD, I can't see them being hardasses about connections.

Serinda Swan is Medusa

On 3/1/2017 at 3:57 PM, Bastard of Boston said:

I think there will be an offhanded remark about the Earthbound Inhumans. This is an ABC show, just like AoS. I feel like you're more likely to see politics prevent connections when the media is cross-platform or cross-network. As long as ABC continues to air SHIELD, I can't see them being hardasses about connections.

Serinda Swan is Medusa

Not being a watcher of AoS, I wasn't too thrilled with this being on ABC, but Serinda Swan was captivating on Graceland that my interest is definitely piqued. 

2 hours ago, Jon AS said:

Cast list. Most important fact: the show will feature a certain teleporting dog!

I've been waiting for Crystal. She is one of my first comic crushes. Not familiar with the actress, though. I'm mostly curious to see a full picture of the royal family, in costume. They have some of the most trippy designs in comics.

In the meantime, here's a comparison picture of the cast.

3 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

I've been waiting for Crystal. She is one of my first comic crushes. Not familiar with the actress, though. I'm mostly curious to see a full picture of the royal family, in costume. They have some of the most trippy designs in comics.

In the meantime, here's a comparison picture of the cast.

Personally I'm most curious to see who they cast as Lockjaw. My dream casting is the dog from Fraiser with that CGI de-ageing technology. 

an article came across my FB feed suggesting that Marvel might change Namor's origins to make him an InHuman, in which case we might see him in the show... I doubt they'd risk the money on a feature film for this character, and he's among the biggest names in the MCU that we've yet to see

20 minutes ago, mormont said:

Why would you put Namor in a show that already has Triton?

Maybe they are going to have the Atlanteans in the show as an enemy/rivals of the Inhumans? A bit like the Atlantean/Wakanda war that went down over the last few years? Triton could be the Inhuman ambassador to the atlanteans?

3 hours ago, red snow said:

Maybe they are going to have the Atlanteans in the show as an enemy/rivals of the Inhumans? A bit like the Atlantean/Wakanda war that went down over the last few years? Triton could be the Inhuman ambassador to the atlanteans?

Seems unlikely. That would be a heck of a lot of expensive underwater shooting. And it doesn't really fit with the basis of MS's speculations, which is that he's heard Namor might be changed to be an Inhuman.

Most likely the rumour MS heard concerns the comics.

Archived