Marvel cancels Inhumans movie in favor of 2017 TV show

Bastard of Boston

Can we bet that it will have 0 connections with those poor souls of Agents of SHIELD?

"Agent Carter" all over again (in terms of studio policies and Marvel movie people working on it)... I just hope it will last much more...

So, having lost touch with AoS, are the powered folks in that show called inhumans? They were originally being thought of as the TV inhumans vs the eventual MCU inhumans right? But have they moved away from that name for the group in AoS?

Seems like ABC should be having cross overs between AoS and inhumans, why put inhumans on ABC if they aren't going to have cross overs?

1 minute ago, The Anti-Targ said:

So, having lost touch with AoS, are the powered folks in that show called inhumans? They were originally being thought of as the TV inhumans vs the eventual MCU inhumans right? But have they moved away from that name for the group in AoS?

Seems like ABC should be having cross overs between AoS and inhumans, why put inhumans on ABC if they aren't going to have cross overs?

No the inhumans are a special race of super humans but they are not just the people with superpowers in the show. No but theirs no way that they would put it on ABC also and not have them have a crossover. But marvel is now owned by Disney and so is ABC so it makes sense that they would put it on a channel that they own. I am pretty sure that most marvel shows if not all of them will now be on one of the Disney owned stations. 

12 hours ago, Risto said:

Can we bet that it will have 0 connections with those poor souls of Agents of SHIELD?

Yep, even being on the same network and featuring the same pro/antagonists isn't enough to assuage my fears that they just don't give a fuck about AoS. I can well imagine a team of writers who are busy carving out the back end of this season (which, like all the seasons so far, relies heavily on Inhumans) and getting told "actually no, wind this Inhuman stuff down, think of something else". I'll keep my expectations low - it'll feature the Inhuman royal family and make no mention of the Kree, the Inhumans that have been in AoS, or the PR battle going on with them - and go from there.

Even in the comics, the Royal Family don't interact frequently with Quake. Quake is primarily a SHIELD Agent who is in an inhuman. The TV show will have their annual crossover, the Royal Family will introduce themselves to SHIELD early in the run, and the Inhumans show will pick up some abandoned SHIELD plot elements like the Alpha Primitives and the Kree connection.

I haven't seen the Inhumans elements of SHIELD but are they still terrigen mist based? If so I guess they will need to address the Inhumans in that show versus the Inhumans in the new one.

I'm pleased they are using the traditional inhumans for this and I guess the production values (for the first two episodes at least) will be good if it's getting a cinema release too. Although Dr Who has been on the big screen too so maybe not super production values.

It seems like a decent compromise from the canning of the film at least.

10 hours ago, SerPaladin said:

Even in the comics, the Royal Family don't interact frequently with Quake. Quake is primarily a SHIELD Agent who is in an inhuman. The TV show will have their annual crossover, the Royal Family will introduce themselves to SHIELD early in the run, and the Inhumans show will pick up some abandoned SHIELD plot elements like the Alpha Primitives and the Kree connection.

But if Quake is regarded as an inhuman for the TV shows, then it seems like they are making the inhumans Kree "mutants".

Maybe the royal family are out in space and events from guardians of the galaxy vol 2 bring them back to earth? I think something like that happened in the comics at some stage.

Given the show will be launched in the cinema and that it's possibly a hybrid between the film and TV department - they might tie it into GOTG. Even if they aren't on screen in GOTG.

13 hours ago, SerPaladin said:

All I want is a giant bulldog with a tuning fork on its head. I don't ask for much.

So say we all!

A giant bulldog with a tuning fork on his forehead, a guy with a matching headpiece whose actual name is Blackagar Boltagon, a woman with prehensile hair, and a guy who is basically a satyr but for some reason is named after a gorgon instead. What's not to like?

2 hours ago, mormont said:

A giant bulldog with a tuning fork on his forehead, a guy with a matching headpiece whose actual name is Blackagar Boltagon, a woman with prehensile hair, and a guy who is basically a satyr but for some reason is named after a gorgon instead. What's not to like?

One has to hope they are brave enough to full-on embrace the concept rather than making it "real". Although I'd happily see a Rob jenkins spin on Karnak and Hickman's version of Maximus would work well on TV.

16 hours ago, red snow said:

One has to hope they are brave enough to full-on embrace the concept rather than making it "real". 

Exactly that. Just go for it, wow is with CGI and some fantastical stuff, wrapped in a strong storyline.

Don't tone it down. No Agents of Shield sort of stuff.

3 minutes ago, mormont said:

Kirby hat Karnak >>> hoodie Karnak.

Yeah. Although I do like the Karnak that can find the weak point in anything including people's personas

Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee's Inhumans run from the late 90s is a perfect balance of "modern" supercomics while maintaining the kirby elements.

Archived