Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

4 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Is there a place one can read on all the leaked info?

To be honest I have had such little interest in the show since season 6 ended I followed almost none of the off season chatter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/57w3yw/my_awayforthelads_season_7_spoiler_timeline/

The first promo

Not sure why it calls promo? It doesn't really makes me want to watch the show :dunno: But then I don't really care about Dany, Usurper Jon and Carol.

12 minutes ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

I liked the song, but the rest just bored me. I wasn't angered or laughed because of the silliness like I sometimes do with the show, I was just bored. 

But well I'm most likely not gonna watch Season 7 are you?

The first episodes I am traveling :P and visiting the Irish Island (though not Northern-Ireland) in real live so no season 7 needed then ^_^

On 3/17/2017 at 5:37 AM, The Boastful Knight said:

[Snipped a lot of great stuff]

Hear Hear!  I should really make the entirety of this post my sig:P

On 3/21/2017 at 3:00 PM, Chebyshov said:

Aw, thank you! (Stay tuned for tomorrow...I sorta recorded something I'm excited about).

You're probably right about the death, but I think it's funny they gave that dog line to pretend there was poetic justice. I think what I meant is that they're good at feigning significance with stuff like that. You can certainly see so in the Outside the Episode interviews.

I still can't believe "the North remembers" was made into a joke like that. Manderly just being some random old dude hanging his head like, "dangit!"

And no, Sansa didn't matter at all, lol. Of course she didn't! She was just dumped into a corner until they were ready for her to slaayyyyyy. I think Littlefinger was tired after magically taking Moat Cailin? His plan never had a chance of making sense the moment he gave Sansa to the Boltons while saying that he thought Stannis would win. Even if Ramsay is the most loving, best, husband there's no way he'd prosper from this deal, and certainly not succeed to the aims of that "vision" of his where he's on the Iron Throne married to Sansa (wut). It's just all noise to fill in the space between the smashy smashy.

I agree, of course, and this provides a great opportunity for me to even back it up just a bit and say Littlefinger's plan never had a chance of making sense the moment he gave Sweetrobin to Bronze Yohn Royce (if not even earlier than that).  Jeebus, that was so illogical, internally inconsistent and...asinine!  In actuality, it was a tremendous insult to the audience's intelligence (but, of course, it has a lot of company).  

4 hours ago, Tijgy said:

The first promo

Not sure why it calls promo? It doesn't really makes me want to watch the show :dunno: But then I don't really care about Dany, Usurper Jon and Carol.

same for me, but they are 3 of the Super4 team.....and it's Cersei's season!

And Jonerys will buy a wight for her!  I think this teaser really summarises that

Jon in Bran's seat:angry2:

3 hours ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

I liked the song, but the rest just bored me. I wasn't angered or laughed because of the silliness like I sometimes do with the show, I was just bored. 

I will watch it. A couple or three things are still of my interest and I want to see what happens to Bran (I hope there is more than the leaks).

I hate the song and the teaser, lol.

But....well, let's say I Like Daenerys' seat in this one. It's original. The only thing of the teaser I can like.

Cersei's season. Cersei's teaser. And Jonerys. Feel like Boatsex might be true. I hate Dany's plot but I like how Dragonstone looks like....the hallways and the stones. I hope boatsex doesn't happen there. It would be hard to look at those walls again.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, Queen of Procrastination said:

From an WiC net article about SXSW. Benioff talking about the Stark sisters:http://winteriscoming.net/2017/03/15/sxsw-roundup-missed-game-thrones-panel/

Technically the are only confirming what we already know, but I'm really mad right now. 

D&D don't really think "We write Arya by asking ourselves 'what would a badass do'?" or "Sansa had to suffer to grow and get past being naïve" etc.  They're just miming their way through a public appearance by giving rambling responses, bluffing their way through them.  These aren't really deep-seated opinions.

Indeed, this is WORSE than if they actually thought that.  At least....at least if they truly "thought" these things it would be a coherent thought process.

A panel at which they wrote all of the questions THEMSELVES, and had them delivered by an under-age cast member Maisie Williams.  Because at SDCC 2016, even the panel moderator asked one or two embarrassing questions like "Why doesn't Sansa tell Jon about the Vale army?"

They are literally hiding behind children. 

19 hours ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

NO.  You need to watch Season 7.

They WANT all of their critics to just stop watching.  I mean they've said this.

That PBS Idaho interview went:

Question:  "Why did you invent the Sansa rape for the TV show?"

Benioff:  "You know the great thing about 460 scripted television series a year is that if you don't like what we're doing, you can watch something else". 

We need....a free press which acts as society's watchman. 

I mean, during things like I don't know, Vietnam War, did the press say "we're so disgusted by what the government is doing that we're going to stop reporting on it". 

But I mean you've heard this:  "you don't like what we're doing, get out".

Critics need to keep watching in order to articulate to the large number of people who kind of "feel" that it is bad, but cannot verbalize what's wrong with it.  If we don't do that, they just browbeat people into submission who otherwise don't really support what they're doing. 

3 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

D&D don't really think "We write Arya by asking ourselves 'what would a badass do'?" or "Sansa had to suffer to grow and get past being naïve" etc.  They're just miming their way through a public appearance by giving rambling responses, bluffing their way through them.  These aren't really deep-seated opinions.

Indeed, this is WORSE than if they actually thought that.  At least....at least if they truly "thought" these things it would be a coherent thought process.

A panel at which they wrote all of the questions THEMSELVES, and had them delivered by an under-age cast member Maisie Williams.  Because at SDCC 2016, even the panel moderator asked one or two embarrassing questions like "Why doesn't Sansa tell Jon about the Vale army?"

They are literally hiding behind children. 

Yeah I see what you mean now. Though their comments still sound ridicolou at best and utterly insulting at worse. HBO should give them some PR training.

3 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

NO.  You need to watch Season 7.

They WANT all of their critics to just stop watching.  I mean they've said this.

That PBS Idaho interview went:

Question:  "Why did you invent the Sansa rape for the TV show?"

Benioff:  "You know the great thing about 460 scripted television series a year is that if you don't like what we're doing, you can watch something else". 

We need....a free press which acts as society's watchman. 

I mean, during things like I don't know, Vietnam War, did the press say "we're so disgusted by what the government is doing that we're going to stop reporting on it". 

But I mean you've heard this:  "you don't like what we're doing, get out".

Critics need to keep watching in order to articulate to the large number of people who kind of "feel" that it is bad, but cannot verbalize what's wrong with it.  If we don't do that, they just browbeat people into submission who otherwise don't really support what they're doing. 

My plan was to just read the comments here, listen to the Fandomentals podcasts and watch Linda's video reviews. I thought about watching it several times and kept changing my mind back and forth, but ever since the leaks came out I had zero interest in watching anymore. 

Didn't think about watching just in order to sort of piss D&D off (not tha they read this thread) and to show that a critical voice exists.

Well maybe...

I have to think about it

A big problem is that people who already left like, after Season 5, have difficulty believing how bad say, Dorne could get even in Season 6.

And people who know it's bad can help articulate & educate people "on the fence" -- No, this isn't actually Sansa doing anything at the Battle of the Bastards, etc.

They're hoping we'll be apathetic.

22 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

same for me, but they are 3 of the Super4 team.....and it's Cersei's season!

And Jonerys will buy a wight for her!  I think this teaser really summarises that

Jon in Bran's seat:angry2:

They idiots have now made Cersei a central character in the story. They just can't get enough of Lena. She'll probably even surpass St. Tyrion this season.

8 minutes ago, teej6 said:

They idiots have now made Cersei a central character in the story. They just can't get enough of Lena. She'll probably even surpass St. Tyrion this season.

its almost as if GRRM made her a major POV character in AFFC/ADWD with 12 POV chapters and that she's the only POV character in KL in TWOW. 

Archived