Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

47 minutes ago, teej6 said:

They idiots have now made Cersei a central character in the story. They just can't get enough of Lena. She'll probably even surpass St. Tyrion this season.

Yep, I think she'll be the core character of GOT this season, so I should rename the Super4 Team to something like: Cersei and the three musketeers.

(Super4: Tyrion, Cersei, Jon and Dany)

43 minutes ago, Tifani said:

its almost as if GRRM made her a major POV character in AFFC/ADWD with 12 POV chapters and that she's the only POV character in KL in TWOW. 

So what? I said central as in the most important. Cersei is a secondary POV character in the books. And I didn't know TWOW was out for you to know which POV character will or will not be in KL in the book. 

Cersei, in D&D's stupid plot, is becoming more important than Arya, Bran, and Sansa and that's a cause for concern. 

13 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yep, I think she'll be the core character of GOT this season, so I should rename the Super4 Team to something like: Cersei and the three musketeers.

(Super4: Tyrion, Cersei, Jon and Dany)

Yeah from the looks of it they'll milk Lena for all she's got. I'm sure they'll try and make the viewer also empathize with Mad queen Cersei.  

6 minutes ago, teej6 said:

Yeah from the looks of it they'll milk Lena for all she's got. I'm sure they'll try and make the viewer also empathize with Mad queen Cersei.  

Alternatively they go the exact opposite way and just show how EVUL she is over and over again just like they did with Ramsay. Could see either of these things happening. 

14 minutes ago, teej6 said:

So what? I said central as in the most important. Cersei is a secondary POV character in the books. And I didn't know TWOW was out for you to know which POV character will or will not be in KL in the book. 

Cersei, in D&D's stupid plot, is becoming more important than Arya, Bran, and Sansa and that's a cause for concern. 

except GRRM already confirmed that Cersei will be a POV character in TWOW awhile ago. and unless jaime returns to KL in TWOW somehow, she will be the central POV chapter in TWOW like she was in AFFC and ADWD. nice try though. 

i do think arya, bran and sansa are overall more important than cersei in the overall story but it is a FACT that cersei has more pov chapters than them in the later books and it makes sense to put her in this promo considering she's the one in power in KL right now (which will also happen in the books BTW according to the mercy chapter).

2 minutes ago, Tifani said:

except GRRM already confirmed that Cersei will be a POV character in TWOW awhile ago. nice try though. 

i do think arya, bran and sansa are overall more important than cersei in the overall story but it is a FACT that cersei has more pov chapters than them in the later books and it makes sense to put her in this promo considering she's the one in power in KL right now (which will also happen in the books BTW according to the mercy chapter).

I was referring to your comment that Cersei will be the only POV character in KL in TWOW. No one is disputing that she will be a POV character in the next book. Reread your own comments before posting. And I haven't read the Mercy chapter lately but IIRC there's no mention of Cersei regaining power in KL. 

10 minutes ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

Alternatively they go the exact opposite way and just show how EVUL she is over and over again just like they did with Ramsay. Could see either of these things happening. 

Yeah you are probably right. They'll want a cackling villian now that Ramsay is gone. And their Night King won't do as he seems to lack any emotions. 

5 minutes ago, teej6 said:

I was referring to your comment that Cersei will be the only POV character in KL in TWOW. No one is disputing that she will be a POV character in the next book. Reread your own comments before posting. And I haven't read the Mercy chapter lately but IIRC there's no mention of Cersei regaining power in KL. 

except i never said cersei will be the "only" pov character in KL. just that she is the most major. please carefully read the comments before replying.

it extremely heavily implied that cersei is back in power in the mercy chapter

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/21x57s/spoilers_all_mercy_and_cersei/

1 hour ago, teej6 said:

They idiots have now made Cersei a central character in the story. They just can't get enough of Lena. She'll probably even surpass St. Tyrion this season.

Yeah, true. They have to make it up to St. Tyrion somehow or other. Didn't they say he gets the best line of the season or something?

2 minutes ago, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

Are the city watch still present in the show because wouldn't the people of kingslanding be rioting after their sept got blown up? How long is it going to take for Jamie to finally sort Cersei out. I assume all season.

If I'm not mistaken some pictures of people in the costumes of citwatch members were taken a couple of months ago. 

Maybe they will just follow Cheryl like the Northern lords followed Ramsay 

13 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, true. They have to make it up to St. Tyrion somehow or other. Didn't they say he gets the best line of the season or something?

Yeah something to that effect. 

12 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Maybe he'll stand up among the dragons vs. wights vs. Ironborn vs. Sand Snakes and just yell out, "This is all a MUMMER'S FARCE!" 

Yeah, I can dream. 

4 hours ago, Tifani said:

except i never said cersei will be the "only" pov character in KL. just that she is the most major. please carefully read the comments before replying.

it extremely heavily implied that cersei is back in power in the mercy chapter

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/21x57s/spoilers_all_mercy_and_cersei/

Fact-check and verify before you post. It's not that hard. Scroll to the top of this page and its the second comment. I'll make it easier for you. This is your post verbatim "its almost as if GRRM made her a major POV character in AFFC/ADWD with 12 POV chapters and that she's the only POV character in KL in TWOW." See the word "only" in your post. 

And, if by "heavily implied" you mean the guard stating "If he goes back without the gold the queen will have his head..." that can mean anything. If you've read the books, you'll know that it was Ser Kevan who suggested that Ser Harys prepare to go to Braavos to treat with the Iron Bank. And besides, Cersei is still considered a queen by the common folk. The question is if she will regain sole power in KL at the beginning of TWOW. Perhaps she will and Varys' plan may succeed, but my point was not whether she would regain power in the beginning of TWOW but whether she would stay in power by the end of the book, especially since GRRM stated that we'll see many people on the IT before the end. 

And I highly doubt in the books that Jon and Dany will ask Mad Queen Cersei for help in order to defeat the WWs. 

17 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

They are literally hiding behind children. 

If you're referring to Maisie Williams, then that is factually incorrect. She's turning 20 this month (which is weird, because in my mind, she's still the "kid" who plays Arya in GoT, but then again, 2011 was six years ago, it's crazy how time flies, innit?). She's still quite young (I'm turning 25 this year and even I like to think of myself as "young", though it's getting harder every year :D - I suppose it's a matter of perspective ), of course, but not a child anymore. 

Anyway, even if what you say is true, I doubt any of the cast members see the show in the same light as we do. Most of them never read the books, and it's a job for them more than anything else, so even if they see them, I doubt they'll give an honest answer if they are asked about the problems with the show. I know I wouldn't. Those who spoke up (Barristan actor) did so after they were axed from the show, and even then, I think it was more of a little personal vendetta against D&D for writing him out. I really doubt he would have said the same (very benign btw) critical things if he hadn't been fired. 

So in my opinion, anyone who goes to these Comic Con events (for a lot of money, mind you) to get a meaningful answer out of any of them, is naive at best and stupid at worst. They'll never get it, because that's not the function of these events. Even for better shows, they are basically fanboy circlejerk events, where they stroke the egos of the showrunners and cheer whenever a cast member's name is mentioned, also every time they open their mouth, and I suppose that makes them very happy. It's no wonder you never get any worthwhile audience questions either, because most of those who go to these events are devoted fans, and even if a sane person manages to get to the microphone and ask a normal, or god forbid a hard question, the usually ignore him or just like you said, bullshit their way through the answer. 

@The Boastful Knight I agree completely with what you said about Maisie's and Sophie's ages. They aren't that much younger then me. However, I think what @The Dragon Demands means is that by using to of your cast members as panel Moderators you can guarantee that you get no unkomfortable questions. You ensure that no one asks you stuff like "why didn't tell Sansa about the KotV"or that they get questions about "the Jaime/Cersei" scene like at the Oxford Union pannel. They could have used Kit and Emilia and the result is the same. By letting to of your cast members moderate the pannel you ensure that there won't be a question that could embarass you, because you don't have an answer. There's always a chance that a normal panel moderator or an audience member asks you a question you don't want to be asked. 

Archived