Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

it's both things. That group of people was large, and had something in common, they were the nobility of KG, so they can be considered a "group".

And either way, that's something that Dany would not like at all and should not permit. A normal Dany would not negotiate with a person like Cersei, I don't like that part of the leaks at all! :crying:

Daenerys has done similar things of course, but then again she can by hypocritical sometimes...

No she wouldn't be enthusiastic about it, especially with being a "conqueror" and all (anyone else think she's kinda like a dog chasing cars at this point... you know? she wants to "conquer" Westeros, but then it'll start feeling like Meereen and she'll go do something else?), but she could be persuaded into it by Tyrion or whoever else she meets at that point.

7 hours ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

They "don't attack her" persumably because her reign is acceptable at the moment and collaborating with her appears more constructive to them?
What did she really do that was that bad in their eyes - did some scheming they don't care about, blew up some likeable Tyrells and Kevan whom they also don't care about*; got rid of the religious fanatics that she put there herself, who might've been more of a hindrance to them or less, who knows.

Cersei probably just killed most of the nobility in KL, so she's hated by that section of society. She killed the "religious fanatics" and their leader who was loved by the small folk of KL, so she's definitely hated by that section of KL. And I honestly don't know how time works in D&D's world but I'm going to say for argument's sake that much time hasn't passed (especially since Cersei still has that ugly hairdo) since Cersei was booed and jeered through the streets of KL, at which point I'm pretty sure she was universally hated. So to go from hated psychopathic mass murderer to "acceptable" is quite a stretch. But hey this is D&D we are talking about and they expect their viewers like their version of the folk in KL to have a very short memories.  

5 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

There is a main 5 characters and according to d&d they are the three lannisters , dany and Jon. Only in the books the stark kids arr more important than the show.

Yeah in D&D's world it's Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Cersei, and Jaime who's central to their fanfic plot. Arya to them is all about revenge and D&D knows Bran is central to GRRM's end game so they need to fit him into their narrative although they'll have him sit out an entire season because he's not an exciting character for them. Sansa, for D&D, is a tool they use to surprise/shock their viewers but their storylines now have become so predictable that I don't understand how anyone can be shocked or surprised by it. The Vale army coming to rescue Jon and gang was telegraphed from the beginning of S6 that when it happened it was like meh for me. The only surprise I get from the show anymore is how bad the writing and plot is. And it's such a shame as the first couple of seasons were rather good. 

10 minutes ago, teej6 said:

Who's debating? Most posters are ranting, or so I think.

Some yes  But the rants got disrupted by  debates about genocide, whether or not Cersei is one of D&D's favourites etc. There are other places for these debates. 

Wasn't directed at you more at the posts that came before. 

44 minutes ago, teej6 said:

They only surprise I get from the show anymore is how bad the writing and plot is. And it's such a shame as the first couple of seasons were rather good. 

Oh yes I always think "it can't get worse". Somehow it always does. 

3 minutes ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

Oh yes I always think "it can't get worse". Somehow it always does. 

If the leaks are true, S7 will definitely top S6 for ridiculousness and the sheer absurdity of the plot. It almost seems like GRRM told D&D the ending of the story, giving them broad strokes of endings of story arcs of a few central characters. The rest of the story they filled in with their sub-par fanfic after they ran out source material. 

4 hours ago, teej6 said:

Yeah in D&D's world it's Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Cersei, and Jaime who's central to their fanfic plot. Arya to them is all about revenge and D&D knows Bran is central to GRRM's end game so they need to fit him into their narrative although they'll have him sit out an entire season because he's not an exciting character for them. Sansa, for D&D, is a tool they use to surprise/shock their viewers but their storylines now have become so predictable that I don't understand how anyone can be shocked or surprised by it. The Vale army coming to rescue Jon and gang was telegraphed from the beginning of S6 that when it happened it was like meh for me. The only surprise I get from the show anymore is how bad the writing and plot is. And it's such a shame as the first couple of seasons were rather good. 

good post. Agreed.

5 hours ago, teej6 said:

Cersei probably just killed most of the nobility in KL, so she's hated by that section of society. She killed the "religious fanatics" and their leader who was loved by the small folk of KL, so she's definitely hated by that section of KL. And I honestly don't know how time works in D&D's world but I'm going to say for argument's sake that much time hasn't passed (especially since Cersei still has that ugly hairdo) since Cersei was booed and jeered through the streets of KL, at which point I'm pretty sure she was universally hated. So to go from hated psychopathic mass murderer to "acceptable" is quite a stretch. But hey this is D&D we are talking about and they expect their viewers like their version of the folk in KL to have a very short memories.  

I meant the Northerners and those guys, they wouldn't care about the people who got blown up lol

The people in KL are probably less happy, but the KITN would only really be motivated to dethrone her if said discontent is so strong that it'll stand in the way of his goals - or if "the people" were a more worthy ally than the queen etc.

So basically, everyone everywhere just accepting her reign and entering negotiations wouldn't be alright, but if they showed all the expected tensions and that's still happened, that might work.

5 hours ago, teej6 said:

Yeah in D&D's world it's Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Cersei, and Jaime who's central to their fanfic plot. Arya to them is all about revenge

Well so's Cersei, but that doesn't disqualify her for you :D

5 hours ago, teej6 said:

and D&D knows Bran is central to GRRM's end game so they need to fit him into their narrative although they'll have him sit out an entire season because he's not an exciting character for them.

And then they focus an entire season on him :D:D 

I'd be amazed to find out that this was actually the reason they left him out of S5 - pretty sure there were others, and they named others before S5 aired.

The stupidest reason that's still plausible is that it was purely because of running time - in which case, we all know how DORNE turned out, right?
But them hating the storyline, uh, no just no.

5 hours ago, teej6 said:

Sansa, for D&D, is a tool they use to surprise/shock their viewers but their storylines now have become so predictable that I don't understand how anyone can be shocked or surprised by it.

Well it's "drama" primarily, there wasn't much "shock value" to what she did in S6 - I'm not sure where this poorly structured "arc" is going either but she was clearly a main character here. lol

1 hour ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

Well so's Cersei, but that doesn't disqualify her for you :D

And then they focus an entire season on him :D:D 

I'd be amazed to find out that this was actually the reason they left him out of S5 - pretty sure there were others, and they named others before S5 aired.

The stupidest reason that's still plausible is that it was purely because of running time - in which case, we all know how DORNE turned out, right?
But them hating the storyline, uh, no just no.

Well it's "drama" primarily, there wasn't much "shock value" to what she did in S6 - I'm not sure where this poorly structured "arc" is going either but she was clearly a main character here. lol

I don't understand your post or what you are trying to say. Anyway, as Queen of Procrastination and posters above have rightly pointed out this is not a debate thread and the main purpose of the thread is to allow people to rant about the show. If you'd like to defend the show and D&D, this is not the thread to do it. 

its obvious there are 8 main characters:

1.dany

2.jon

3.tyrion

4.bran

5.arya

6.sansa

7.cersei

8.jaime

with the exception of bran, all these characters get a lot of focus. its also very unlikely that any of them will die before ADOS. i think those who believe that cersei will die inTWOW are in for a rough surprise. I don't even think that she and Jaime will reunite again in TWOW and he's 99% likely to be her killer. It's also really unlikely that a major POV would be killed by Faegon, a character that GRRM pulled out in ADWD to try to make the ending seem less "predictable". but faegon is a red herring in every way, he's no match for characters like cersei or dany. and with how cersei's adwd story ended, its very likely that she'll get some kind of revenge in TWOW (although i doubt she'll be able to blow up the sept in the books). 

i think there are definitely some logical flaws in season 7. but they're definitely following the broad strokes by dany not going for throne, jon and dany getting together. wight viserion is probably a way for them to simplify book euron's plot in some way, except its given to night king because its a lot more cinematic with him than euron onscreen.

on why i think bran gets the shaft? its because the D's are completely lost with writing his powers and magic without any source material

tl;dr the writing for season 7 is definitely flawed but its very easy to see that the D's have some concrete points and focus they want to establish and get to. and its only 7 episodes, so it will be over before you know it and its not like y'all will have to suffer through for pretty much the entirety of the year with shows that are like 20+ episodes.

1 minute ago, Tifani said:

with the exception of bran, all these characters get a lot of focus.

[...]

on why i think bran gets the shaft? its because the D's are completely lost with writing his powers and magic without any source material

Um, Bran got a lot of focus in S6 and didn't get any "shafts" that I'm aware of - though I hated like half his scenes because he was being a brat for no reason, and his stupidity caused the wight invasion for no reason.

Max von Sydow might've phoned in most of his performance, I'm not sure tbh

7 minutes ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

Um, Bran got a lot of focus in S6 and didn't get any "shafts" that I'm aware of - though I hated like half his scenes because he was being a brat for no reason, and his stupidity caused the wight invasion for no reason.

Max von Sydow might've phoned in most of his performance, I'm not sure tbh

he still missed the entirety of season 5. i would definitely consider that getting the shaft for such a major character. 

I haven't liked much of how they handled Bran's story since he left Winterfell.  Didn't like the use made of the Reeds in the story, thought they were wasted, didn't like Jon knowing Bran was alive in the show and doing nothing.  Thought Von Sydow was wasted and didn't like the use they made of the visions....hated the Lyanna flashback....hated Hodor/Summer death, but that is probably on GRRM.  

Archived