Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

Just watched that trailer. That monologue by this Gillen guy was just crap. Literal crap. It made no sense. Fight battles everywhere always in your mind? What comes next, 'Drink beer everywhere always in your mind?' 'Go swimming everywhere always in your mind?'

That's just plan nonsense. 

25 minutes ago, Liver and Onions said:

Meera of Tarth, that is okay. ^_^ I probably should have put some sarcasm quotes around it. I was thinking about the notion of a token female writer vs. a show starting out with a good representation of writers of all genders,  not because someone says, "we need women to write the female characters well, " but because everyone in the writers' room is actually good at their jobs. Same for directors and other jobs, really. 

Exactly.

I wonder if a female writer/ director would have/could have pushed back against all the bad story decisions and changes, and how that would have affected anything (or hurt her career). 

Yes, I don't know, I think there would be a small difference. Slightly, but signifcant enough one. (in the show).

In her career.......that's a whole different thing!!!!

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Fight every battle everywhere always in your mind!

I've been laughing since I heard it.

LF has become a poet with metaphors.

Fight the battle sin your mind!

SO poetic!!!!!! Marvellous! Emmys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone to Sandra: Hey, how's it going?

Sandra: I have no time to talk about that. I must fight every battle everywhere always in my mind!

Can she embroider it on a pillow, that way she could just hold it up when anyone tries to talk to her.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

LF has become a poet with metaphors.

Fight the battle sin your mind!

SO poetic!!!!!! Marvellous! Emmys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like "You want a bad girl, but you need the bad pussy" 2.0

The Emmy-winning line!

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

The Emmy-winning line!

Hehe, I honestly had forgotten that this line was ever spoken and still don't recall who said it. This show doesn't really exist.

10 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

The Emmy-winning line!

Which one is better???? Bad pussy is really really well-thought!!

Tyene is also a good poet!

But the best is....TYRION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Le Cygne said:

"I drink and know things"?

This, and the other one that was like "a wise person once said things in a table" or something like that....GreyWorm and Missandei use that line when talking to the ex-slaves.......they use Tyrion's quote! They have learned something!

47 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Anyone to Sandra: Hey, how's it going?

Sandra: I have no time to talk about that. I must fight every battle everywhere always in my mind!

Can she embroider it on a pillow, that way she could just hold it up when anyone tries to talk to her.

:lmao:

I call that word salad: sounds meaningful, sounds philosophical, but is just a bunch of pretty words nonsensically put together to mean horseshit.

On 2017-6-22 at 6:32 AM, SecretWeapon said:

It is moronic but how is she supposed to know that? She doesn't know his involvement in Ned's death yet, her pre-escape offer knowledgment of him is that he was her mother's friend, he "protected" her for years already and so far apparently kept his promises to her. The only outright points against him in her view were being ruthless, kinda creepy, selling her to the Boltons (and for the later he basically claimed "I didn't know he was crazy") and Brienne's word.

If show's Jon and Sansa relationship while growing up is anything like the books, they weren't that close and Sansa kinda shared her mother's view towards him, so he's only raking up points since S6

She's certain Ramsay will know how to "trigger" Jon and that may cause him to die like a [gendered insult deleted] so she tells him not to take the bait (which is all she could do) for his sake. Why persuade Jon to fight Ramsey? Because Winterfell is her home and Ramsey is the one holding it?

Saying it was poorly done is accurate but it's neither point is illogical really

For your first point, just rewatch their scene in Mole's Town and what she says to him and how angry and ultimately disappointed in him she is. If after that you think that Sansa trusting him on any level makes any sense, then we'll definitely never agree on what is a ridiculous idea. And also in the show when Sansa reunites with Jon at Castle Black she's actually asking him for forgiveness so I don't know why would we assume she doesn't like him enough. About your second point, I think you missed the point of my question so let me repeat it: why would Sansa persuade Jon to fight against Ramsay when she's certain that Ramsay is going to trigger and kill him? I'm not questioning her motives to take Winterfell back from Boltons, but her decision to persuade Jon to lead that fight. Because that is the problem here: when one episode needs drama, then she's begging Jon to cancel his retirement and help her win back WF, but as soon as another episode needs another kind of drama, then Sansa is suddenly certain that Jon can't win WF back and will die attempting to do the same thing she persuaded him to do. I don't see how can that be anything but illogical. So details can be logical when observed separately, but when you try to connect them into a coherent narration the logic falls apart, and that is why you can't have both Sansa persuading Jon to fight Ramsay and Sansa expecting Jon to be killed by Ramsay.

14 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

:lmao:

I call that word salad: sounds meaningful, sounds philosophical, but is just a bunch of pretty words nonsensically put together to mean horseshit.

Indeed.

She's got this blank look on her face which on the show could mean anything or nothing at all (usually the latter, until they figure out later what it meant and tell you in the outside the episode).

So then, maybe the words will help, but it was just mumbo jumbo. It doesn't mean anything. It's like he's telling her to drive herself insane. Injecting her with a self-destruct sequence!

The everywhere and the always is the finishing touch of hilarity.

17 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

She's got this blank look on her face which on the show could mean anything or nothing at all (usually the latter, until they figure out later what it meant and tell you in the outside the episode).

I know I'll be starting to get confused on who Deadpan is from hereon!!! :lmao:

17 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

So then, maybe the words will help, but it was just mumbo jumbo. It doesn't mean anything. It's like he's telling her to drive herself insane. Injecting her with a self-destruct sequence!

The everywhere and the always is the finishing touch of hilarity.

Not sure whether that line is even grammatically correct. And it sounds like something a 3 year old would say after learning the words "every", "everywhere", "always", and "very". Just throw in a lot of superlatives and you've just said something really and very incredibly always important (see what I did there?)

At least the bad-pussy and I-drink-and-know-things are grammatically correct, no matter how crass and silly.

They don't just need more writers and female writers on staff... they need an elementary teacher who's used to grading the write-ups of 7 year olds.

Surprised Littlefinger even bothered with the Knights of the Vale when he could have just fought the Boltons in his mind.

It reads like one of those horrible motivation quotes idiots post on Facebook.

And somehow somewhere sometime they believed that having Gillin say that nonsense with a pause in between every word everywhere always makes it more sensible. Only in their mind!

If you were to write it down with the pauses, you get:

"Fight every battle ... everywhere ... always ... in you mind!"

They need to look up the use of ellypsis.

1 hour ago, StepStark said:

For your first point, just rewatch their scene in Mole's Town and what she says to him and how angry and ultimately disappointed in him she is. If after that you think that Sansa trusting him on any level makes any sense, then we'll definitely never agree on what is a ridiculous idea. And also in the show when Sansa reunites with Jon at Castle Black she's actually asking him for forgiveness so I don't know why would we assume she doesn't like him enough. About your second point, I think you missed the point of my question so let me repeat it: why would Sansa persuade Jon to fight against Ramsay when she's certain that Ramsay is going to trigger and kill him? I'm not questioning her motives to take Winterfell back from Boltons, but her decision to persuade Jon to lead that fight. Because that is the problem here: when one episode needs drama, then she's begging Jon to cancel his retirement and help her win back WF, but as soon as another episode needs another kind of drama, then Sansa is suddenly certain that Jon can't win WF back and will die attempting to do the same thing she persuaded him to do. I don't see how can that be anything but illogical. So details can be logical when observed separately, but when you try to connect them into a coherent narration the logic falls apart, and that is why you can't have both Sansa persuading Jon to fight Ramsay and Sansa expecting Jon to be killed by Ramsay.

As part of that she also tells Jon that one reason to retake Winterfell is to save her brother, Rickon, yet later in the season she says he's beyond saving, and doesn't even seem upset that Ramsay killed him - because he was ahead of her in the line of succession?

3 hours ago, sweetsunray said:
Spoiler

I know I'll be starting to get confused on who Deadpan is from hereon!!! :lmao:

Not sure whether that line is even grammatically correct. And it sounds like something a 3 year old would say after learning the words "every", "everywhere", "always", and "very". Just throw in a lot of superlatives and you've just said something really and very incredibly always important (see what I did there?)

At least the bad-pussy and I-drink-and-know-things are grammatically correct, no matter how crass and silly.

They don't just need more writers and female writers on staff... they need an elementary teacher who's used to grading the write-ups of 7 year olds.

:cheers:

Archived