Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

In so far as the show is misogynist, I think that's only a manifestation of its general misanthropy.  That's my fundamental distaste for the show.

Maybe women are more sensitive to the part where the misantropy is directed at toward women and thus interepreting it as misogyny. But really the show just uses a broad selection of tools such pain, torture, rape, multilation, etc, for "shock value" and ratings, and seems pretty cavalier about who the victims are, be it man, women, or child.

So disappointing that I agree with all the takedowns of the trailer.

FFS, trailers are meant to have the snappiest lines ... such a terrible idea to start the trailer with greatest emphasis on that sophomoric writing.  And the fact the trailer ends with Sansa saying GRRM's lines from the books only underlines it.

Shame.

Also, I just don't think Sophie Turner is a good actress ... not even really passable.  Stiff, wooden, awkward.

In sum: gah!

6 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Littlefinger's Daily Affirmations (yes, this was in the trailer):

"Fight every battle everywhere always in your mind!"

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it Little Finger likes me.

12 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Fight every battle everywhere always in your mind!

My question is: If some huge scary gnarly dude comes runnin’ at me with a sword in his hand and looks like he’s gonna lop my head off with it, should I:

1. Fight that battle in my mind?

2. Or do an about face and get the hell out of Dodge?

I think I’m going with 2.

15 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

My question is: If some huge scary gnarly dude comes runnin’ at me with a sword in his hand and looks like he’s gonna lop my head off with it, should I:

2. Or do an about face and get the hell of Dodge?

Fight every battle everywhere ALWAYS in your mind.

LFs wisdom is pretty clear. And he never claimed, you gonna win those battles. :D

9 hours ago, StepStark said:

For your first point, just rewatch their scene in Mole's Town and what she says to him and how angry and ultimately disappointed in him she is. If after that you think that Sansa trusting him on any level makes any sense, then we'll definitely never agree on what is a ridiculous idea. And also in the show when Sansa reunites with Jon at Castle Black she's actually asking him for forgiveness so I don't know why would we assume she doesn't like him enough. About your second point, I think you missed the point of my question so let me repeat it: why would Sansa persuade Jon to fight against Ramsay when she's certain that Ramsay is going to trigger and kill him? I'm not questioning her motives to take Winterfell back from Boltons, but her decision to persuade Jon to lead that fight. Because that is the problem here: when one episode needs drama, then she's begging Jon to cancel his retirement and help her win back WF, but as soon as another episode needs another kind of drama, then Sansa is suddenly certain that Jon can't win WF back and will die attempting to do the same thing she persuaded him to do. I don't see how can that be anything but illogical. So details can be logical when observed separately, but when you try to connect them into a coherent narration the logic falls apart, and that is why you can't have both Sansa persuading Jon to fight Ramsay and Sansa expecting Jon to be killed by Ramsay.

Oh you mean the scene that ends with Sansa doubting Jon and leads to her lying to him later on that episode?

You're the one missing my point. She knows Ramsay will trigger Jon and that if he takes the bait he may die but that doesnt mean she is CERTAIN like you say. Why? She wants Jon to lead? He already had an "army", he's a good warrior and he is recognized as a good commander.

1 hour ago, OldGimletEye said:

2. Or do an about face and get the hell of Dodge?

Stop making sense.

57 minutes ago, Rhollo said:

Fight every battle everywhere ALWAYS in your mind.

LFs wisdom is pretty clear. And he never claimed, you gonna win those battles. :D

Sandra never reads the fine print.

The fine print:

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

38 minutes ago, SecretWeapon said:

Oh you mean the scene that ends with Sansa doubting Jon and leads to her lying to him later on that episode?

You're the one missing my point. She knows Ramsay will trigger Jon and that if he takes the bait he may die but that doesnt mean she is CERTAIN like you say. Why? She wants Jon to lead? He already had an "army", he's a good warrior and he is recognized as a good commander.

Well she's certain enough that she goes to Littlefinger to save the day, so it's not me saying that, it's D&D who portrayed things that way. But honestly, I'm not missing your point, but you are missing that your point doesn't hold water in perspective. Look at it like this: there are two Sansas in season 6: Sansa 1 desperately wants Jon to lead the fight against Boltons and win back Winterfell from them, but Sansa 2 knows that Jon is going to fail and does everything in her power to not go down with him. Sansa 1 appears in the first half of the season, and Sansa 2 appears in the second half, and in the last episode two Sansas alternate between scenes. Now that is terrible writing and it is so terrible that I have to correct myself: it's not based on bad idea because there was no general idea behind that stupidity. They just write without thinking things through and without the slightest regard for the overall logic. Just please rewatch these two scenes back to back: 1. Sansa begging Jon to stay and fight for Winterfell, 2. Sansa trying to warn Jon that he's going to get outsmarted by Ramsay. Unless there's a load of things that happened between them, those two scenes should never belong to a single storyline. But sadly they do because that's how bad D&D's writing truly is. How did Sansa suddenly come to the conclusion that Jon is going to get outsmarted by Ramsay? No idea. Just like with Marg in the last episode when she suddenly realizes that Cersei is going to kill everybody - there is simply no realistic explanation for her realization. Not to mention that Sansa can easily fix everything about the supposed advantage Ramsay has over Jon: just tell Jon EVERYTHING she knows about and went through with Ramsay.

And not to mention that Ramsay "outsmarted" Jon only because Jon and Rickon acted like complete morons just when Ramsay needed them to, which is one more example of terrible writing.

It's futile trying to rationalize Sansas behaviour. She didn't tell Jon about the Vale army because that would have also meant revealing it to the audience and D&D dind't want that.

Drama trumps everything on GoT. And it doesn't matter if charactes have to be ooc stupid, evil or cruel. They are not portrayed through their own actions anyway, only by the (non-)reactions they receive for it from others. And for most of the audience, that works.

LF can make the stupidest plans on earth, as long as he is super sneaky-sneaky and no one calls him out, he is a master schemer.

Dany can burn people and places with impunity, she is still the pure, awesome queen, bringing justice, because everyone around her thinks Kelly C. is the bees knees.

Jon is a mouthbreathing idiot, forrest gumping his way through life, but everyone just acts like he is a great guy and good leader.

1 hour ago, Rhollo said:

It's futile trying to rationalize Sansas behaviour. She didn't tell Jon about the Vale army because that would have also meant revealing it to the audience and D&D dind't want that.

Drama trumps everything on GoT. And it doesn't matter if charactes have to be ooc stupid, evil or cruel. They are not portrayed through their own actions anyway, only by the (non-)reactions they receive for it from others. And for most of the audience, that works.

LF can make the stupidest plans on earth, as long as he is super sneaky-sneaky and no one calls him out, he is a master schemer.

Dany can burn people and places with impunity, she is still the pure, awesome queen, bringing justice, because everyone around her thinks Kelly C. is the bees knees.

Jon is a mouthbreathing idiot, forrest gumping his way through life, but everyone just acts like he is a great guy and good leader.

All of this.

As long as they want a character to be one way or another, or for something to happen, they will be that way and it will happen.

11 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

This is probably the only thing PJ does that I enjoy.

Yeah, same here. I usually don't agree with his book stuff (he takes things too literally/misses subtle things) but I do enjoy when he calls out the show.

17 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

I know I'll be starting to get confused on who Deadpan is from hereon!!! :lmao:

Not sure whether that line is even grammatically correct. And it sounds like something a 3 year old would say after learning the words "every", "everywhere", "always", and "very". Just throw in a lot of superlatives and you've just said something really and very incredibly always important (see what I did there?)

At least the bad-pussy and I-drink-and-know-things are grammatically correct, no matter how crass and silly.

They don't just need more writers and female writers on staff... they need an elementary teacher who's used to grading the write-ups of 7 year olds.

Maybe it's a puzzle to resolve?

In your battle, always fight every mind, everywhere

Your mind, in every fight, everywhere, always

Everywhere, in every mind, always fight your battle

Mind your fight, always, in, everywhere, ,every

Fight your mind, everywhere, always, every battle --> Could this be the one he is referring to?

His mind is.....chaos.

9 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Well, as long as we remember this, all is well:

Fight every battle everywhere always in your mind!

Coloours!!!!!!!!!!

Archived