Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

15 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I have to say that season 5 is very far from being heavily inspired in the 4th/5th book (except for maybe the first part of the NW's plot) 

PS: I also think that some random parts of Arya's arc (the cinematographic ones were well-adapted as well, though)

The other things they adapted properly were also Aemon's scenes with Sam and also Hardhome, which was good action material (not that I especially like that episode or that I'd rate it 9.9).

The rest was so, so, so badly adapted imo. And I better don't remember Shireen's story with her father.

meereen was good too. They showed the problems danny had in the books...

They set a good start for crazy cercei, with her having the tyrells imprisioned despite the consequences. (they didn t continue it in s6)

Even the dornish rescue was well thought (maybe more people involved) because myrcella isn t safe in dorne and it could eliminate most of the future dornish plot.

The addition of sansa in winterfell could have worked if they added some court where she could plot until ramsay beat her and abused her.

And I personally liked stannis arc. I know most people think he would never do it, but whenever stannis is desperate enough in the books he accepts that he needs to burn people/use mel.

Honestly, I think it was quite well thought season where they tried to eliminate some arcs from the books with a few things that didn t work quite well.

14 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I was about to say that Jorah's journey with Tyrion was not badly adapted but then I remembered that Tyrion convinces the Queen in one scene that he should be his new advisor and Jorah was shit. He is The Gift    after all. Oh, season 5, bad memories.

What a pitty Season 7 leaks are even worse. 

it was a test and she decided to keep him around. She didn t give him her absolute trust... He needs the chance to give advices to show his worth... It couldn t have gone much diferently in the show.

12 minutes ago, divica said:

meereen was good too. They showed the problems danny had in the books...

They set a good start for crazy cercei, with her having the tyrells imprisioned despite the consequences. (they didn t continue it in s6)

Even the dornish rescue was well thought (maybe more people involved) because myrcella isn t safe in dorne and it could eliminate most of the future dornish plot.

The addition of sansa in winterfell could have worked if they added some court where she could plot until ramsay beat her and abused her.

And I personally liked stannis arc. I know most people think he would never do it, but whenever stannis is desperate enough in the books he accepts that he needs to burn people/use mel.

Honestly, I think it was quite well thought season where they tried to eliminate some arcs from the books with a few things that didn t work quite well.

I respect your views. I for one like the middle episodes of s6 despite not liking it as a whole. But with season 5 I have to disagree. Maybe it's true that Dany's arc was not badly adapted, but to me some things from Meereen crossed the red line (like Dany's erratic behaviour killing a man from her side for justice well-applied but then burning people alive without a trial, even if she was angry for what happened to poor Barristan). I liked the dynamics between Cersei and Marg at the beginning of the season, and the Walk of Shame, but the rest and how they were imprisoned (the Dorne mark in the thighs mmm) was so bad imho.

Stannis, in particular was the plot I disliked the most in season 5 along with the treatment of Sansa. How they used the scene where he hugs her (a very beautiful  one) to then do what they do was too much for me. If it happens n the books in the same way, (i hope not) I'll dislike it as well. Well, I'll even dislike it because I just don't want her to die and definitely not this way. But because of some snow, by her father? Too much for me.

22 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I respect your views. I for one like the middle episodes of s6 despite not liking it as a whole. But with season 5 I have to disagree. Maybe it's true that Dany's arc was not badly adapted, but to me some things from Meereen crossed the red line (like Dany's erratic behaviour killing a man from her side for justice well-applied but then burning people alive without a trial, even if she was angry for what happened to poor Barristan). I liked the dynamics between Cersei and Marg at the beginning of the season, and the Walk of Shame, but the rest and how they were imprisoned (the Dorne mark in the thighs mmm) was so bad imho.

Stannis, in particular was the plot I disliked the most in season 5 along with the treatment of Sansa. How they used the scene where he hugs her (a very beautiful  one) to then do what they do was too much for me. If it happens n the books in the same way, (i hope not) I'll dislike it as well. Well, I'll even dislike it because I just don't want her to die and definitely not this way. But because of some snow, by her father? Too much for me.

yeah killing that man with everybody asking for mercy was stupid. The arc had some flaws sure, but on the whole they showed the problems that she had in the books and danny's erractic beahviour is kind of her trademark in the show. We never know if we are going to see a kind danny or a fuck rules and morals danny... (if you see her negotiations with people with power she never respects the rights of the other side)

I don t have a problem with how they were imprisioned. I have a problem how cercei didn t continue her crazy behaviour in s6.

After rewatching the seasons I kind of think sansa had to go to winterfell. The boltons needed a female stark to hold the north. jeyne pole would be confusing and unrealistic for tv viewers. I would never believe that no northern lord would recognise arya... They could cut much of the vale storyline, and if they did it well in s6 it wouldn t really matter. The problem is that they didn t give the conditions for sansa to continue her plotting training... she went to winterfell to be a victim instead of a player that lost to ramsay in the end.

ps And I dislike mostly everything in s6 because I don t think the plots make sense and some characters have unrealistic behaviours... even if it happened before, in s6 it happened much much more

Publishing the survey results of the leaks people disliked.

147 people voted

1. 48 % of the voters disliked: No dragons, but wights for Cersei (somehow Cersei remains queen, able to conjure armies and money. Her enemies wish to negotiate with her, even after she blew up the sept, and they go on a wight hunt for her)
  2. 43 % of the voters disliked: Jaime and Cersei in love and making babies
  3. 43 % of the voters disliked: Jon kneels to Dany before sex (Knowing of Bran's return and without consulting anybody, Jon submits the North, his kingdom, to Dany. And then Jon and Dany have boatsex) SHARED 2ND PLACE
  4. 35 % of the voters disliked: Miracle Sam and Supreme Researcher Gilly (At the Citadel Sam discovers the cure for Greyscale and saves Jorah. Gilly earned herself a Phd in research: she finds Rhaegar's annullment to Elia Martell and the marriage certificate with Lyanna)
  5. 33 % of the voters disliked: Creepy LF plays the Prom Queen Game (LF lives an entire season to play a "masterful" childish game between two teenaged girls and then finally gets his due)
  6. 26 % of the voters disliked: Euron built a fleet of 1000 ships (and defeats Dany's entire fleet with it)
  7. 24 % of the voters disliked: Arya slaughters all the Frey Men (all by herself, but she lets the Frey women live, because women don't kill women. That would be psycho, right?)
  8. 23 % of the voters disliked; Bran is not king or lord (Bran gets back to Winterfell and somehow Sansa is still Lady of WF, though she comes after him in the line of succession)
  9. 18 % of the voters disliked; Night's King gets to be a dragonrider (DaJon team ends up gifting a dragon to the Night's King, who turns him into a wight that can breathe blue flame and brings down the wall)

This survey was open to anyone who liked to vote. People could select multiple disliked leaks. It was restricted to one vote per device.

Conclusion, just less than half of the voters disliked the plot leaks about Jaime, Cersei, Dany and Jon for the entire season, while at least three of those are the plot heavy guns. Up to a third of the voters basically dislike half of the leaks, including Oldtown and WF plot. And slightly less than 1/4th of the voters dislike the entire leaks, minus the Night's King acquiring a dragon. 4/5th of the voters seem cool with NK becoming one of the 3 dragonheads.

TEAM WW!!!! 

8 hours ago, SerProle said:

Great posts. Am I honeypotting that GRRM gave this interview about consequences and tragedy right before a new show season being hyped as DARKER and full of VENGEANCE and FLAMING SWORDS? Another one of his sideways digs at the show? I mean, he volunteered the really juicy stuff, its not like he was asked specifically about any of the things that have real impact by being put on the spot.

Yeah, he spoke very deliberately. He wanted to get those points out. I'm glad he did, too.

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I should disagree with that. I think that If I have never read the books after season 4 as I did, I'd find the never-ending twincest plot in s5,s6,and especially s7 after the sept incident  as a dumb and very irrititating one. I'd like to think many show-only watchers think the same.

Yeah, it's pretty horrible what they did cutting Jaime's and Sansa's real stories. It all goes back to cutting Lady Stoneheart, a bunch of characters lost their stories with that. I am glad GRRM said he argued against that.

4 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

WOW, reading these two links was night and day, I'd say fire and ice, but......the D's don't really deserve that, LOL  Even GRRM just talking about his books comes off much more satisfying that OH NO.....SPOILERS...of the D&D Dreck still to come.  I really can't wait til it's over, although I still have a touch of sadness realizing how well most of the actors could have done with better material than the D's are giving them. 

Yeah, no fire and ice for them! It was nice what he said, little hints for several storylines.

1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

Publishing the survey results of the leaks people disliked.

147 people voted

1. 48 % of the voters disliked: No dragons, but wights for Cersei (somehow Cersei remains queen, able to conjure armies and money. Her enemies wish to negotiate with her, even after she blew up the sept, and they go on a wight hunt for her)
  2. 43 % of the voters disliked: Jaime and Cersei in love and making babies
  3. 43 % of the voters disliked: Jon kneels to Dany before sex (Knowing of Bran's return and without consulting anybody, Jon submits the North, his kingdom, to Dany. And then Jon and Dany have boatsex) SHARED 2ND PLACE
  4. 35 % of the voters disliked: Miracle Sam and Supreme Researcher Gilly (At the Citadel Sam discovers the cure for Greyscale and saves Jorah. Gilly earned herself a Phd in research: she finds Rhaegar's annullment to Elia Martell and the marriage certificate with Lyanna)
  5. 33 % of the voters disliked: Creepy LF plays the Prom Queen Game (LF lives an entire season to play a "masterful" childish game between two teenaged girls and then finally gets his due)
  6. 26 % of the voters disliked: Euron built a fleet of 1000 ships (and defeats Dany's entire fleet with it)
  7. 24 % of the voters disliked: Arya slaughters all the Frey Men (all by herself, but she lets the Frey women live, because women don't kill women. That would be psycho, right?)
  8. 23 % of the voters disliked; Bran is not king or lord (Bran gets back to Winterfell and somehow Sansa is still Lady of WF, though she comes after him in the line of succession)
  9. 18 % of the voters disliked; Night's King gets to be a dragonrider (DaJon team ends up gifting a dragon to the Night's King, who turns him into a wight that can breathe blue flame and brings down the wall)

This survey was open to anyone who liked to vote. People could select multiple disliked leaks. It was restricted to one vote per device.

Conclusion, just less than half of the voters disliked the plot leaks about Jaime, Cersei, Dany and Jon for the entire season, while at least three of those are the plot heavy guns. Up to a third of the voters basically dislike half of the leaks, including Oldtown and WF plot. And slightly less than 1/4th of the voters dislike the entire leaks, minus the Night's King acquiring a dragon. 4/5th of the voters seem cool with NK becoming one of the 3 dragonheads.

TEAM WW!!!! 

good! Yes the main points of the season are the ones people dislile thw most. I don't really care if the NK gets a dragon though, well I think the dragon didn't deserve that but It's also a cool twist.

wights, twincests and Kings submitting the North for boatsex are not as cool. Actually, these are really bad.....

32 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, it's pretty horrible what they did cutting Jaime's and Sansa's real stories. It all goes back to cutting Lady Stoneheart, a bunch of characters lost their stories with that. I am glad GRRM said he argued against that.

absolutely

21 minutes ago, SecretWeapon said:

As someone who lives in a 3rd world dictatorship (Venezuela), i aren't bothered at all about Cersei remaining queen. It's actually realistic.

I'm not bothered by Cersei being queen either. I think it would make for a pretty uneventful season if Cersei fell the moment Dany touched down on Westeros.

7 hours ago, SecretWeapon said:

As someone who lives in a 3rd world dictatorship (Venezuela), i aren't bothered at all about Cersei remaining queen. It's actually realistic.

Well there are pretty major protests in Venezuela currently, right? And Cersei blew up the Westerosi Vatican.

2 hours ago, StepStark said:

This applies to practically every character in the show.

True (but I care most about Arya and it plays into misconceptions about her in the books).

18 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

SNIP

True (but I care most about Arya and it plays into misconceptions about her in the books).

Lots of people use things that happen to show characters in discussions about them in the books, I've seen people say things like "the show character fits into my interpretation of the book character so I'm going to say it fits". It's not just Arya as far as I'm aware.

Hello people by the way

9 minutes ago, Davros Seaworth said:

Lots of people use things that happen to show characters in discussions about them in the books, I've seen people say things like "the show character fits into my interpretation of the book character so I'm going to say it fits". It's not just Arya as far as I'm aware.

Hello people by the way

I 100% agree with you. It irritates me when that happens to any character, but Arya most of all.

1 hour ago, Horse of Kent said:

I 100% agree with you. It irritates me when that happens to any character, but Arya most of all.

I guess we all care most of our favourites.

Funny enough the way characters I disliked in the books have been ruined in the show, made me appreciate their book counterparts more. For example I never liked Tyrion in the books. I found his personality fascinating and I found his chapters interesting, but I never liked him. In the beginning I wasn't that bothered by the show changing his personality, I was more upset by changes that affected favourites. However, over time the show version became so different from the book version that it started to annoy me. I realised that St. Tyrion waa more sympathetic, but by fare less interesting than book Tyrion. When I read his chapters these days I appreciate him more than I used to. 

So... if the spoiler of Dany and Jon GIVING the Night's King a dragon is true... (have I got that right?)... um... WHY? Does it die somewhere else and they don't want to waste it? Are they pals with the White Walkers now? So confused... (should I spoiler tag this?) Maybe the polled audience liked the idea of a dragon going evil... less so the "how" of the situation. 

Also, does anyone else snort with laughter at the possibility of Gilly finding an annulment for Rhaegar's marriage? Um... so he's not allowed to take a second wife? Makes it all neat and tidy! 

And the Jon/Dany thing reminds me of how, when my mom read the first book years ago, she told me she hoped Jon and Dany would eventually get together (close in age, both major characters, etc.) But then later I told her about the Theory, and she was all, "well, now I don't want them together anymore." Is the audience supposed to forget they are aunt and nephew? Is it oh so romantic like Jaime and Cersei? 

I need a clip of Futurama Richard Nixon saying, "I don't like where this is heading..."

Archived