Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

4 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

I thought that your outrage was originated by the fact that a show that is so bad written has such a huge legion of followers who love it, not by the rape, torture, slavery, etc, in it, since the books have enough of  all those things too. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

As for my original post, yes, it's about the low quality and viewers not caring or not noticing, butimho also about the way all those atrocities are depicted for cheap thrills, and the messages they convey with it. (Because D&D may believe they have no themes and stuff, but they do: Revenge is cool, Evul bastards are just soooo wonderfully evil, honor gets you killed, a really  immature attitude to sex and nudity, confusion of sexual violence with sex and much, more).

It's just entertainment; but I also think that the kind of entertainment we enjoy is indicative of the state of a society. Of course there are many other indicators, like whom we elect for government, whom we admire for what, and last but not least how we behave in real life...

Dang, my keyboard is acting up.

17 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

That is what Jon is. And what nearly no one left alive is like, conscientiously, except Davos, Sam. That is what he must make other to understand. To stand by his side. That is not easy. It got him killed once. It is IMO the main message from GRRM and the books. Why I love so much these books. IMO the show is doing it quite well... when they are not erring in stuff like the BoB. Which should have been the battle of Stannis.

I think they were trying to show Dany is of the same mind when she bypassed the ceremony of sitting on the throne at Dragonstone to instead walk into the war council room to 'begin'.

Another nonsensical Littlefinger line in the new trailer: "Everyone is your enemy, everyone is your friend, every possible series of events is happening all at once!" :lol: And Sandra gapes at her sex trafficker like he's just dispensed the wisdom of the universe.

Here's the video:

On 20. 7. 2017 at 3:36 PM, Horse of Kent said:

I hope they are able to handle racial issues more sensitively than they handle rape

I think we should laugh, becouse it sparked controversy even now:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/20/game-of-thrones-creators-confederate-backlash/

And now, it´s personal!

“You look at a message board and there might be nine positive comments, but the 10th one is negative — and that’s the one you’ll remember, that’s what sticks in your head,” Benioff told EW a few years back. “And you want to have an argument with the person: ‘Well, here’s why this happened [in the show],’ and you can’t. You start having an argument in your mind, and you realize you’re losing your mind. You’re having an internal argument with somebody named DragonQueen42. You’re never going to win that argument.”

3 hours ago, Rhodan said:

And now, it´s personal!

“You look at a message board and there might be nine positive comments, but the 10th one is negative — and that’s the one you’ll remember, that’s what sticks in your head,” Benioff told EW a few years back. “And you want to have an argument with the person: ‘Well, here’s why this happened [in the show],’ and you can’t. You start having an argument in your mind, and you realize you’re losing your mind. You’re having an internal argument with somebody named DragonQueen42. You’re never going to win that argument.”

It's almost like they just discovered the internet. :D

Yeah, this Confederate nonsense is the kind of show one has to think long and hard about doing. Any idea can be done well, but these guys have proved they can take good ideas and produce literal feces. I really don't want to know about the nightmare train wreck they'd put together for this. 

16 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

As for my original post, yes, it's about the low quality and viewers not caring or not noticing, butimho also about the way all those atrocities are depicted for cheap thrills, and the messages they convey with it. (Because D&D may believe they have no themes and stuff, but they do: Revenge is cool, Evul bastards are just soooo wonderfully evil, honor gets you killed, a really  immature attitude to sex and nudity, confusion of sexual violence with sex and much, more).

It's just entertainment; but I also think that the kind of entertainment we enjoy is indicative of the state of a society. Of course there are many other indicators, like whom we elect for government, whom we admire for what, and last but not least how we behave in real life...

Dang, my keyboard is acting up.

Good stuff here, and good to be reminded. Yes, it is the context in which rape, torture etc. is presented that matters. The books have ugly things in them, but not because they are 'cool' and 'badass'. I keep thinking about the TUN video from last year, it did such a great job of tackling why GoT isn't just a less than perfect adaptation. It is much worse than that because of what it is selling with that massive budget.

I suspect that this Sunday's episode will again remind of us what D&D think matters, and what far too many of the fans love best. Of course I'm talking about the carnage of the ship battle, who will get slaughtered and how. However many fanboys mocked and derided the new Euron, they will all come around as soon as he does what is expected and wanted. The leaker who saw the episode (you can find it at freefolk of course) actually thought the gore/action wasn't as great as it could be. He wanted more, and I suspect that will be a common response.

9 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Another nonsensical Littlefinger line in the new trailer: "Everyone is your enemy, everyone is your friend, every possible series of events is happening all at once!" :lol: And Sandra gapes at her sex trafficker like he's just dispensed the wisdom of the universe.

Here's the video:

I had not payed attention before to his new speech. I am laughing. It's like he has lost his mind! Everything happening at all once, all your battles, in your mind, wherever you want , forever, never and always with your friends and enemies!!!!!! lOL

hahahaha LF took a course on stupid lines.. T. The coach was........Larry. (Tyrion was busy writing the text books). He was explaining to him why being with Cersei makes sense and LF went crazy after that!

10 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I had not payed attention before to his new speech. I am laughing. It's like he has lost his mind! Everything happening at all once, all your battles, in your mind, wherever you want , forever, never and always with your friends and enemies!!!!!! lOL

hahahaha LF took a course on stupid lines.. T. The coach was........Larry. (Tyrion was busy writing the text books). He was explaining to him why being with Cersei makes sense and LF went crazy after that!

If this turns out to be the slow roll revelation that LF had a stroke at the midway point in season 4, and has been suffering an ongoing mental collapse every since, I might give the writers a little more credit. 

On 7/21/2017 at 2:26 PM, Rhodan said:

And now, it´s personal!

Doing something like a program about slavery requires subtlety that Dan and David both lack.  This is hopefully going nowhere.  But it is telling that they are focused on their next project rather than finishing up their current one.  The two are definitely phoning it in.  There was a lack of caring and let's go for fanservice for the unwashed in the premiere.  Knowing where this is going, I am glad that I decided against watching the rest of the season.  I'll just be complaining from afar.  But it is a pity that Martin is probably never going to finish those books so we won't get a more satisfying ending than the glorified Dany-worship piece we are getting.  (And yes, I get that making GOT is quite time-consuming and stressful.  They really should have just given it off to another producer rather than making a shoddy product.)

On 7/21/2017 at 11:46 AM, Le Cygne said:

Here's the video:

Yeah.  That is really up there with his speech in Season 3...  Did they just outsource writing the dialogue to teen girl fanfiction writers?  (Okay, that is disparaging teen girls.  Perhaps random monkeys typing on the computer would be better.)

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Apparently there's more to it. Here's the great wisdom of the ages in its full glory:

Don't fight in the North, or the South. Fight every battle, everywhere, always, in your mind. Everyone is your enemy. Everyone is your friend. Every possible series of events is happening all at once. Live that way and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something that you've seen before.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Apparently there's more to it. Here's the great wisdom of the ages in it's full glory:

Don't fight in the North, or the South. Fight every battle, everywhere, always, in your mind. Everyone is your enemy. Everyone is your friend. Every possible series of events is happening all at once. Live that way and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something that you've seen before.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Next he breaks the wheel.

4 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Apparently there's more to it. Here's the great wisdom of the ages in its full glory:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

This is insane!!!!!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

4 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Next he breaks the wheel.

Or he sings this:

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly I'm crying Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday Man, you've been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long I am the egg man, they are the egg men I am the walrus, goo goo goo joob

http://forum.watchersonthewall.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=117

And this bunch of crap is true.  I cannot believe that that is actual dialogue from an actual script written by professionals.  And they just let it remain on the Internet.  It is just really bad, like Lifetime Movie of the Week bad.  Perhaps, I should apply for a job writing for TV because I could do much better.  I assume that Dan and David expect us to think that Jon is her "equal" because he calls her some stupid mainly fan nickname rather than the bad mistress/ servant relationship they have set up between the two.  Seriously, using a formal title vs. using a nickname has nothing to do with "equality."  I don't know anyone who thinks that Mr. Darcy isn't a suave assertive guy just because he uses formal titles.

Archived