Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

11. woops, RLJ is a a true marriage, Jon is King of the Iron Throne, yay Gilly, so glad Sam taught you to read! Please hang on to that book!

12. Archmaester just decided NOT to tell Sam his family is dead? not cool bro 

13. Varys 2 episodes ago claimed to only care about his boys in the hood, the common man on the street, but now he's upset about 2 dead Highborns, which saved 1000's? ok

14. Hey Tyrion this is all the worst plan i've ever heard.  going to KL is VERY STUPID for you to do. Also sacking a zombie is also stupid.

http://blacknerdproblems.com/game-of-thrones-recap-eastwatch/

Season: 7 / Episode: 5 / HBO

***Spoilers done developed particle beaming technology and can get from Dragonstone to King’s Landing and back instantly***

[...]

Archmaester is like, yeah. That makes sense. Probably something we should do. Yeah, but its probably a trick by Daenerys, so lets drag our feet on this shit. Sam shocked and I’m right there with him. You know dragons massacred the combined might of two powerful armies, but you think Daenerys need some trickery to conquer southern lands? I THOUGHT Y’ALL WERE THE WISE ONES WHAT THE FUCK MAN.

[...]

THEN THESE CATS COME UP WITH A PLAN TO BRING A NOT COMPLETELY KILLED WHITE WALKER FROM BEYOND THE WALL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO KINGS LANDING. Wight, what? That’s like transporting a thing that most definitely wants to kill you from Montreal to Brazil. And its not like White Walkers be traveling solo. So, you gotta go up against these muthafuckas, snatch one of them, taking them on a cross country trip like fuckin’ Mad Max Fury Road and drag that thing into a house where the owner WANTS TO MURDER YOU ON SIGHT?!?! This plan is fucking terrible which makes sense because it came from Tyrion and Jon. Two muthafuckas with a long lineage of terrible fucking ideas.

[...]

Davos and Tyrion land on the shores of King’s Landing…so…ok…

Aiight, let me address this FTL (Faster Than Light if you still getting your sci-fi verbiage up) travel technology that Thrones has unlocked now so I don’t have to talk about this shit another three times at 1K words a pop for the next three times it shows up. Shit is weak yo. Point blank period. The map of Westeros and Essos is a fuckin’ character on the show man. Daeneryrs wasn’t considered a threat because she was young and also on the other side of the world. Great houses are separated by great distances and therefore, it’s a big deal for armies marching between them. Davos traveled from Dragonstone to King’s Landing, back to Dragonstone, then up to Eastwatch tower on the wall IN THE SAME EPISODE. So, what is that, take the M60 to 125th, then take the 1 train to 42nd, transfer to the N and get off at Atlantic? Was Dragonstone Brooklyn this whole time? FOH. It matters, mostly because if travel is this compressed, then what the fuck have the white walkers been doing since the Hardhome episode two seasons ago? Having a spades tournament? North of the Wall Comic Con? Did Ice King Magneto leave the stove on at home, and had to go back? The fuck are we even talkin’ about man? The one army that doesn’t have to stop to eat or sleep, doesn’t have to rest and doesn’t have a significant body of water to cross is moving at the speed of dial-up? Come on man. What is this, the M-Brain, Westeros theory where The Long Night is a flat circle? ARE WE ALL ON THREE EYED RAVEN TIME? This is the same show that literally spent half a season taking Ramsey Bolton and Theon through the woods to literally go in a circle. Anyways, yes, obviously they are cramming a lot of shit into these last episodes but that’s a reason, not an absolvent. They out here trying to give us the Game of Thrones for Dummies man, we didn’t invest six previous seasons for that.

[...]

Davos tries throw some more money at them dudes, but Gendry is like fuck that, let me drop the hammer on these dudes one time. Basically, so that when he start killing white walkers next episode, we don’t ask where the fuck that came from.

[...]

Arya snooping around cuz of course she don’t trust Little Restraining Order. Dude creeping around, whispering in folks ears, keep a bag of dum dum suckers in pockets and shit. [...] Arya leaves the room and LRO is watching from the shadows (CUZ THAT’S WHAT HE FUCKING DOES). Creepy is as creepy does. So, look one of two things is happening here. Either LRO was making a power play with the note and Arya found it, but LRO knows she’s on to him. Or he knows they got tension and Arya was supposed to find the note as that’s supposed to cause more strife between. Hopefully its option number three and it don’t fuckin’ matter cuz Arya playing the long game and gonna flip this shit to her advantage anyway .

These dudes up at Eastwatch (lol, of course they are, its only like two stops on the express, right?). Tormund is like, yo, this is the dumbest fucking plan. And I was at Hardhome, yo.

:lmao:

6 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

6. THEY ARE FUCKING PREGNANT???!!! NO WAY THAT HAPPENS IN THE BOOKS!! Yay lets make out to celebrate!!

--oh wait, didn't books and show have a prophecy about Cersesi having children? She will have 3 they will all die, how the fuck does this fit into that?

Remember, technically show-Cersei has had four children already. In season one we learned about her "black-haired baby" that she loved so much. 

Has anybody read any leaks concerning season 8? And if so, care to comment on that? I'm not sure what to make of that stuff. A lot of the things there sound like things they would do...

I don't know.  Sounds like much of it could easily be piggy backed on to season 7 leaks.  I'll definitely take it more seriously when we see some supporting evidence when shooting starts.  I've already seen conflicts over when characters supposedly die.  Bran's story seems like a massive let down after a very long build up to the 3ER and it all amounts to not much of anything important.  If only the writing on the show weren't so damn terrible I could say this is implausible. 

21 minutes ago, Blue-Eyed Wolf said:

Bran's story seems like a massive let down after a very long build up to the 3ER and it all amounts to not much of anything important

I thought so too at first but when I thought about the evacuation south with a crippled boy with limited Weirnet connectivity, then it made more sense in show-logic. Maybe he wargs into something else (Nymeria?) and he's still in show via the Weirnet?

Season 8 leaks sound fairly consistent with the show overall.

TWOW Preview chapter spoilers:

Spoiler

Arianne II made me the think that the story was going to end up at Storm's End and these leaks are going the same direction.

11 minutes ago, ramla said:

So... I just watched episode 6... and folks going to have a time with this one. Am i able to post my opinion here?

No we aren't allowed to talk about leaked episodes. 

33 minutes ago, Blue-Eyed Wolf said:

I don't know.  Sounds like much of it could easily be piggy backed on to season 7 leaks.  I'll definitely take it more seriously when we see some supporting evidence when shooting starts.  I've already seen conflicts over when characters supposedly die.  Bran's story seems like a massive let down after a very long build up to the 3ER and it all amounts to not much of anything important.  If only the writing on the show weren't so damn terrible I could say this is implausible. 

Same. I only take leaks serious when there is supporting evidence like actual script pages or pictures from shooting. Alternatively when they have been confirmed by sites like WotW. Everyone could write something like this. I could see D&D writing the kind of stuff we see in these "leaks", but it could also be FanFiction. 

I don't know what to make of it. A lot of the stuff sounds like things they would do, since it is ripping off older plot lines from the books.

But I really didn't keep track of the leaks last year. Are those similar in principle or the way they came up? Did we have any fake leaks/spoilers around that time last year? I don't read anything in those summaries that looks like blatant fan fiction. It is the kind of stuff one would expect from the show.

Don't read the spoiler stuff if you don't want to read possible/alleged spoilers for season 8!

Spoiler

For instance, having the Golden Company take Storm's End. That is something I can see them doing.

Jon being pissed that he was lied to about his true parentage, Dany getting pregnant is not unlikely at all. George would want to continue the dynasty. I'd also not be surprised if that child would truly be a son - although I'm not sure if we are going to get ourselves one 'Eddard Targaryen' in the books. Why not another Rhaegar Targaryen? To honor the brother and father they both lost, the man who is sort of responsible for them ending up together the way they did? Dany suddenly liking Ned doesn't seem to be all that likely. On the other hand - when she learns what he did to preserve the life of her nephew I guess she could change her view on him. But the reports I read don't depict a scene where Dany-Jon talk about the 'Aegon thing'.

The aunt-nephew incest thing being basically a non-issue is to be expected. Daenerys and 'Aegon' are Targaryens, and they are just doing what they have always done. Not to mention that the world is falling apart around them.

The battle and defeat at Winterfell is extreme, especially since Bran is going to die. That is something I did not see coming, and I don't know what to make of that. Why would they kill Bran? Why would George kill Bran? Why would anyone kill Bran? I'm not sure whether that fits well with George's own claim from the original outline that Bran would make it till the end. Even more so in light of the fact that I don't see him leaving the cave in the books anyway. But then, the original outline isn't exactly all that accurate.

The show really never knew what to do with Bran. In effect, he was just a plot device there to give us the back story of the Others and give us some visions from the tower of joy and Rhaegar and Lyanna. But I very much doubt that is the overall/only purpose of his character in the books.

Sic transit gloria, I guess. Rest in peace, House Stark (at least in the male line).

Having Viserion and Rhaegal killing each other doesn't sound convincing to me, especially since I don't think Viserion is going to become a wight in the first place. Bran controlling a dragon via skinchanging could happen - especially in a battle against the Others - if said dragon was riderless at that point, or separated from its rider.

If there are dragon vs. dragon fights those things should take place during the Second Dance, not the War for the Dawn. But even there I'm not sure that the dragons are going to kill each other. Perhaps only (severely) wounding them. I really get the feeling they will stick around until the very end in the books.

The dragonrider thing would clearly be a concept they are dropping in the show, as I've been saying all this time, since Dany and 'Aegon' are apparently going to share Drogon between them. That is something that's not very likely to happen in the books - the only way how I could see that happening is if they were truly super special super saviors transcending the established dragonlore dragonbonding rules somehow - which stipulate that a dragon bonds exclusively with one rider for life.

The dragon has three heads in the books - in the show not so much.

Arya planning to kill Cersei sounds ridiculous since she goes back to a plan she abandoned this season. But this could be an echo of Arya joining Dany earlier in the books, and reentering the Westeros plot by targeting Aegon - who is going to be the one having most of Cersei's story. At least the Iron Throne parts. The 'destroy everything' parts of her plot should be hers and Euron's, of course.

The fact that these two are going to marry was clear, too. That is also going to happen in the books under different circumstances. 

Really difficult to see how they'll play the finale. I guess Drogon and Jon will kill the Night King and then the war will be won. Really difficult now to guess whether Dany, 'Aegon', and Eddard will all make it, or who is going to die. Still more inclined to go with the ''Aegon' is going to sacrifice himself (and Drogon?) to kill the Dark Lord' than with him killing the enemy and surviving and Dany dying in childbirth. Dany herself is not likely to participate in the final battle on dragonback if she couldn't do that at Winterfell. Therefore basically the only chance for Dany to die is if she dies in childbirth or Tyrion and/or Jorah kill her in a mad frenzy of jealous rage.

Still, perhaps Dany, 'Aegon', and 'Eddard' all deserve to survive. That is something they might do in the show. They could kill dozens of other characters instead. The great good guys should get their great good fairy-tale ending there.

I like really the concept of all of Westeros being ripped to pieces by the Others. That is really great. Not sure why anyone should want to fight in the Vale, though. Still, good to see that they are getting their share of hell on earth, too.

I guess the final battle is going to take place in the Riverlands, at/near the Trident or the Gods Eye, just as Dany's dream in the books foreshadowed. In the books the Green Men should enter the fray around this time, but I don't think we are going to see them in the show.

How the Cersei story is going to play out is really difficult to say. So many people want to kill her now one wonders who is going to succeed. Arya taking the job should mean she is going to do it - why shouldn't she? Might she take out Euron instead?

I guess the Others should come for Cersei and KL, too. Storm's End might indeed come in handy as some a magical stronghold capable of keeping them out. One assumes the Cersei/Euron plots ends around the same time as the Others plot, with different people involved in the resolution of each.

3 minutes ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

No we aren't allowed to talk about leaked episodes. 

And there is no reason to ever talk about that particular episodes, even if we were allowed to talk about it. From what I read in the reports it is pretty much the worst episode so far in, well, pretty much everything.

42 minutes ago, Blue-Eyed Wolf said:

10 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

I thought so too at first but when I thought about the evacuation south with a crippled boy with limited Weirnet connectivity, then it made more sense in show-logic. Maybe he wargs into something else (Nymeria?) and he's still in show via the Weirnet?

Season 8 leaks sound fairly consistent with the show overall.

TWOW Preview chapter spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Arianne II made me the think that the story was going to end up at Storm's End and these leaks are going the same direction.

See above. The show was never really comfortable with Bran, and treated his story and the magical aspects of it not very well, ever cutting down on his development and toning down the magical aspects of it. Their version of the greenseer thing definitely is not the story George intends to tell. They are using him as a plot device and not as a character. But Bran is no plot device in the books.

9 minutes ago, Queen of Procrastination said:

Same. I only take leaks serious when there is supporting evidence like actual script pages or pictures from shooting. Alternatively when they have been confirmed by sites like WotW. Everyone could write something like this. I could see D&D writing the kind of stuff we see in these "leaks", but it could also be FanFiction. 

That is the thing. Do you guys know how it was with the leaks last year around? When did the first genuine leaks come? If that was around this time then it is not exactly unlikely that this is genuine.

The vibe I'm getting from it is that nothing in there smells like genuine fan fiction and all of it seems like stuff the show would do. There is nothing in there that's too good (or too bad/unlikely) to be true, and also no obvious fan boy/girl stuff. And there are some surprises there that I don't things (m)any fans would write about.

It is not that the reports about those hacks and all make it unlikely that such spoilers get out.

I think the Lads leaks came out last Sept/October.  I believe they were out prior to when photos and snippets from filming came out that began to confirm them.  But i may be remembering wrong.

I have also read the season 8 leaks, some of them seem pretty crazy, other elements strike me as both probably accurate and within the range of what the show would/will do.  But, it's really early, and based on previous leaks, the show does change and cut and and re arrange things as they go along.

Sure, there are contradictions there, and before things are filmed they are all subject to change (and even then you can still move things around or cut them).

Were there (m)any false leaks out there last year?

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Sure, there are contradictions there, and before things are filmed they are all subject to change (and even then you can still move things around or cut them).

Were there (m)any false leaks out there last year?

Most of the false leaks came out after the legitimate ones.

8 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Most of the false leaks came out after the legitimate ones.

I guess that makes it reasonably likely that those leaks are genuine.

Archived