Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

35 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

double negatives are confusing me here, what would they not do?

It means that it still sounds like something they most likely would do.

3 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Just plain look at the dialogue written for Tormund-Sandor and Tormund-Gendry.

*snip*

Tthis episode being such a plotzee episode with seeding convos about those pairings, using keywords to notable book scenes, shows they're teasing it for S8. No matter how bad the writing, no matter how much filler they put in there, they still used key words, repeatedly. And the leaks so far have been shipping characters for S8 in a way that they don't understand D&D's seeding.

Agreed.  That conversation was only partly about Brienne.  The "I hate gingers" line was so conspicuous, out of the blue, and actually entirely consistent with "Sandorspeak."  My first reaction was :bs:.  So was Tormund's.  Without missing a beat we got the "gingers are beautiful," "kissed by fire," and pointing the finger right at him.  "Beauty back at Winterfell."  "You're not really mean."  "You have sad eyes."  :lol:  The grin on Tormund's face says it all, like he just hit the bullseye on something.  As much as I wanted to say this is D&D's writing and the dialog is mostly dick and rape jokes.  They can't mean what I think it means, but it was just way too conspicuous.  But then you also had the Gendarya hints too.  They definitely wrote Arya a few seasons back at giving shirtless Gendry a long wolfish look.  It actually is entirely consistent with D&D to withhold mentioning something significant to an illogical degree:  "a man" and the KotV at the BotB.  It is illogical that so many of the characters in the wight-hunting party have connections to Arya and yet no one mentions her once.  It only makes sense when you remember D&D will introduce something when they want their "dramatically satisfying" moment.  It does make sense we're seeing the seeding for season 8, clunky and absurd as it may be.

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

I would if they were on the show... their pod people were acting mighty strange, though.

That was horrendous.  I would expect issues to sort through, but emotionally abusing the shit out of each other and Arya behaving in such a crazy, menacing way.  How exactly is killing LF supposed to resolve the horrible things that were said this episode?  I know it's the show and of course, bonding over murder will totally make that all go away.  Meanwhile, north of the Wall, male characters with more serious beefs set aside their differences for the greater good.  Some of them even spend their downtime talking their way toward resolution.  :bang:                           

5 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Anyone even care enough anymore to talk about Arya/Sansa?

The ways Sansa's character has been maligned on the show has been pretty well-established for years now, but I think this season shows that they really messed up Arya's character, as well. Show-Arya hasn't experienced any character development: she's still written like an angry twelve-year-old girl, only with less compassion than when the series started. Much like how Tyrion Lannister became St. Tyrion after he got a huge following for being a "good guy,"  I think D&D are still trying to write Arya as the "feisty little girl" that gained a huge fan base rather than an adult character who has been drastically changed by her experiences.

16 minutes ago, Blue-Eyed Wolf said:

Agreed.  That conversation was only partly about Brienne.  The "I hate gingers" line was so conspicuous, out of the blue, and actually entirely consistent with "Sandorspeak."  My first reaction was :bs:.  So was Tormund's.  Without missing a beat we got the "gingers are beautiful," "kissed by fire," and pointing the finger right at him.  "Beauty back at Winterfell."  "You're not really mean."  "You have sad eyes."  :lol:  The grin on Tormund's face says it all, like he just hit the bullseye on something.  As much as I wanted to say this is D&D's writing and the dialog is mostly dick and rape jokes.  They can't mean what I think it means, but it was just way too conspicuous.  But then you also had the Gendarya hints too.  They definitely wrote Arya a few seasons back at giving shirtless Gendry a long wolfish look.  It actually is entirely consistent with D&D to withhold mentioning something significant to an illogical degree:  "a man" and the KotV at the BotB.  It is illogical that so many of the characters in the wight-hunting party have connections to Arya and yet no one mentions her once.  It only makes sense when you remember D&D will introduce something when they want their "dramatically satisfying" moment.  It does make sense we're seeing the seeding for season 8, clunky and absurd as it may be.

Yeah, the issue is that they're doing this meta-writing wrapped in clunky, bro-talk, in a manner that nobody talks. Like that "dick?" [...] "Ah, dick! I like it."

As a book-reader I'm thinking "dagger dick, huh" :leer:, but if I wouldn't know about that, I'd go :wacko:

Then they ham-fist Gendry being a "fast" guy now, which in a meta-sense is glaringly significant, but in a manner that it destroys the logic: huh, how's Gendry gonna be the "fastest" beyond the wall, and how'd Jon know? :unsure:

I rated this episode higher than I should, because of all the meta-stuff, but they completely fail at making realistic, logic and not-gross the way GRRM does.

4 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

I totally agree.

I am also calling major :bs: to these leaks. I only scanned the first three "episodes" and people are coming back from the dead. Not like wighted or anything, but they said Howland went to Winterfell in ep2, and died, but then in ep3 Howland was accompanied by all to Greywater (for what reason???) and Howland dies there. Sooooo, which one? :dunno:

Maybe we will get some mixed up journalist claim Howland is a "water-wight"? 

8 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Yeah, the issue is that they're doing this meta-writing wrapped in clunky, bro-talk, in a manner that nobody talks. Like that "dick?" [...] "Ah, dick! I like it."

As a book-reader I'm thinking "dagger dick, huh" :leer:, but if I wouldn't know about that, I'd go :wacko:

Then they ham-fist Gendry being a "fast" guy now, which in a meta-sense is glaringly significant, but in a manner that it destroys the logic: huh, how's Gendry gonna be the "fastest" beyond the wall, and how'd Jon know? :unsure:

I rated this episode higher than I should, because of all the meta-stuff, but they completely fail at making realistic, logic and not-gross the way GRRM does.

I would like to believe you are right, but i think you're seeing things in the show that aren't there.  Like the folks who were sure Stranger was going to show up and so forth.

5 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I am also calling major :bs: to these leaks. I only scanned the first three "episodes" and people are coming back from the dead. Not like wighted or anything, but they said Howland went to Winterfell in ep2, and died, but then in ep3 Howland was accompanied by all to Greywater (for what reason???) and Howland dies there. Sooooo, which one? :dunno:

All of the leaks from this season also got some things wrong in terms of the order of things, which episode which scenes were in, and had parts that didn't make it to the final cut and vice versa. 

6 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I thought the pretty dresses line was hilarious. What pretty dresses. Black Romulan uniforms.

Yeah, especially with the present design of "women on top" dresses...

only thing that really did to me was think: I'll bet Sansa takes Ravella Swann's role of putting Arya in a dress next season and telling her she has a pretty face. And then people will smile how great writing it is as a callback to Arya threatening to take Sansa's face and wear her pretty dresses. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yeah I noticed that too.  It wasn't just an "out of order" thing, it was claiming he died in drastically different scenarios and location.  

16 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

All of the leaks from this season also got some things wrong in terms of the order of things, which episode which scenes were in, and had parts that didn't make it to the final cut and vice versa. 

Gotcha. So I guess they are still deciding which episode Howland would be off'? Out of these options, ep3 makes more sense (if they are true). 

Just now, Blue-Eyed Wolf said:

Yeah I noticed that too.  It wasn't just an "out of order" thing, it was claiming he died in drastically different scenarios and location.  

I dunno :dunno: I don't follow leaks very closely. Maybe it is like Cas just mentioned and they are deciding? However, so much of it, so very much of it, made no sense in its own established world. 

5 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Gotcha. So I guess they are still deciding which episode Howland would be off'? Out of these options, ep3 makes more sense (if they are true). 

I've seen about 3 different versions, some are pretty obviously not correct, some seem much more plausible in line with the showrunners aesthetic.  They all suck as far as I am concerned, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to turn out to be true or partially true.

31 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

I mean, I can buy that a group of men who are on a mission where there's a very low chance of everyone surviving start having some convos about women and sex for some levity.  It was the execution that was way off; however, they are certainly aware of these meta ideas from the books.  R+L=J is / was being executed in a similar clunky manner.  They certainly are aware of those ships.  Sandor's attraction to Sansa was blatantly stated by Benioff in commentary.  

And again in this cast commentary: https://youtu.be/WHjuvXqAT4E?t=5m3s

Hopefully as soon as he gets there, Aryabot hugs Jonbot and then leaves. Can she leave?

Welcome to Sandra's Hotel Winterhell...

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
'Relax' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave.'

10 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Hopefully as soon as he gets there, Aryabot hugs Jonbot and then leaves. Can she leave?

Welcome to Sandra's Hotel Winterhell...

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
'Relax' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave.'

Such poetic ranting, I love it.  :D

3 minutes ago, Wizz-The-Smith said:

Such poetic ranting, I love it.  :D

I had to do it! :)

Winterhell, where all good stories go to die. Poor Arya, I feel for her. One of the few remaining sort of book characters bit the dust. She should have gone off with Nymeria. Anywhere but there.

23 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I had to do it! :)

Winterhell, where all good stories go to die. Poor Arya, I feel for her. One of the few remaining sort of book characters bit the dust. She should have gone off with Nymeria. Anywhere but there.

Haha, yes first Bran turned emo and now Faceless Arya is being duped by Littlefinger.  Really?  Your poetic response made me smile, which is a rare thing regards anything surrounding Winterfell this season.  Good work.  :)

Archived