Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

I enjoy watching the show and am definitely invested in seeing how it all ends, but the writing is so ridiculous now, they really are treating the viewers like idiots. I thought Beyond The Wall was the worst of all of them so far..I'm excited to see the season 7 finale but there's also nervousness because I just know this show has jumped the shark and there's probably no going back to anything even remotely intelligent.

Tbh, the thing I'm most looking forward to is Tormund and Brienne bonking, if the writers and director don't give us the BEST sex scene ever I'll chuck a hissy!

52 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

"Pretty picture" and "memes" is all it has become.

Well put.  I wrote something similar on another site recently:  it's still a visual feast but there is very little substance.

Speaking of visual feasts, I think the costume design, make up, and all things design related are excellent, but the creative staff really fall short with Cersei's wig and crown.  I don't know why they can't get her wig right.  It looks so cheap and worn out.

Meanwhile the crown (technically just a tiara) is way too modest and half arsed for such a power mad and egotistical character.  Also, the Lannisters are supposed to be renowned for their gold and it's even one of their house colours, but the crown looks like it's made of steel or pewter.  They didn't even have to make a new crown for her, she could have worn Tommen's.

The high level of design in the show makes these little mistakes stand out like sore thumbs to me.

The show has lost its logic a long time ago. Starting maybe with Robb breaking alliance with the Freys for nothing more than a nurse found on the battle field. Nothing to compare with book Robb, wounded, mourning his brothers, and drugged by Jeyne's mother.

OK, supersonic ravens are bad. Same for too many hares brained heros, saved in the nick of time. D&D threw out credibility for shock and visual effects. It's a long time I gave up on GoT logic. I don't really care now. Daenerys should have come with her men, then no need of ravens and marathon man Gendry.The dragon should have fall on solid earth, no need of chains. It's just D&D own fantasy.

In fact, S07 is the season I most appreciate, for now. Because it is the 1st addressing really what is for me the core of ASoIaF: the purpose of kings, oaths and honor. Duty goes from the king to his people, not the opposite. "Protector of the Realm" is not just pretty words. An oath is as much a responsibility for the one receiving it, than for the one giving it. Because doing wrong will compromise the honor and safety of those bound by it.

7 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

The show has lost its logic a long time ago. Starting maybe with Robb breaking alliance with the Freys for nothing more than a nurse found on the battle field. Nothing to compare with book Robb, wounded, mourning his brothers, and drugged by Jeyne's mother.

OK, supersonic ravens are bad. Same for too many hares brained heros, saved in the nick of time. D&D threw out credibility for shock and visual effects. It's a long time I gave up on GoT logic. I don't really care now. Daenerys should have come with her men, then no need of ravens and marathon man Gendry.The dragon should have fall on solid earth, no need of chains. It's just D&D own fantasy.

In fact, S07 is the season I most appreciate, for now. Because it is the 1st addressing really what is for me the core of ASoIaF: the purpose of kings, oaths and honor. Duty goes from the king to his people, not the opposite. "Protector of the Realm" is not just pretty words. An oath is as much a responsibility for the one receiving it, than for the one giving it. Because doing wrong will compromise the honor and safety of those bound by it.

The reason they decided to let the dragon fall into water was that otherwise the other dragons would have burnt it to avoid it being resurrected.

This past episode was so terrible; it was hilarious. 

I'm glad casual show fans picked up on how ridiculous it was. (They've ignored so many other things, but I'll take it) 

I'll just copy and paste a rant from another site. I'm sure all of this has been mentioned before. 

Beyond the wall was ridiculous. There is some minor continuity, but I mostly forgot it. Two things did stick out to me. Jon being told he doesn't look like Ned. Ugh.  I know they are trying to be clever that he looks like Lyanna, but Ned and Lyanna look alike. So... Unless that was cut from the show. Also, Jon offered Jorah Longclaw. Why would he do that beyond the wall where the weapon is even more useful? If he was concerned about it being returned to the Mormonts, he should have given it to Lyanna. 
The fight scene was ridiculous. It's so interesting that the Wight Walkers and wights are so frightened of water. They also can't swim until they can. They just wanted a cool shot of them grabbing Beric or Tormound's legs. 
Gendry running back to Eastwatch. (so ridiculous) He manages to get back, send a raven to Dragonstone and Dany travels to beyond the Wall before they all die. (geography always matters, but seriously watch your own damn opening credits) It wins Emmy's for best writing; it should make a little sense. 
Were you guys shocked Dany saved them? Wow. So shocking. 
Poor Viserion. :crying: Night King decided to be a show off and kill him in the air instead of Drogon a couple of feet away with all the people on him. Dany also didn't seem to care very much that he died. 
lolz at Jon's plot armor. I knew it existed from Hardhome and BotB, but they outdid themselves. 
Jon and Dany as a couple brings the lolz. They are two exceptionally bland actors. 

As for Winterfell. :mellow:
If back in Season 1, you told him I would ever completely side with Sansa over Arya. I would die from shock. Yet here we are. 
Basically everybody who ever read the letter figured out Cersei was using a child. It's a complete moot point. 
As for her marrying two enemy's of her family. I already ranted about this. 

Dear God. Sansa mentioning her being married to two of her family’s enemies. 
She was a political prisoner. Bran and rickon were assumed dead. The Lannisters knew Robb was going to die. 
Of course they would marry her off. She was the heir to Winterfell. She had absolutely no choice.
As for that cluster freak with the Bolton’s. It makes no sense. The show admits it makes no sense. I can’t deal with it

I am 100% not here for Arya threatening her sister. Especially with the whole skinning angle. Neither one of them could survive the other one's story. I wonder if that's the point.Now that I've defended Sansa, there's no need to be that rude to Brienne. She should be the only one for her to trust. Absolutely not Littlefinger. 

I laughed out loud at the guy trying to knee Theon in the junk three times to no effect. I guess that fight at least did all come down to cocks. I swear they hired a fourteen year old kid to help with the writing this year. 

Outside the episode:

"He's the rightful heir to the iron throne. That changes everything... It was about making it clear that this was an information bomb that Jon was heading towards... Just as we're seeing these two people come together, we're hearing the information that will inevitably if not tear them apart, at least cause real problems in their relationship, and she's his aunt. It complicates everything on a political level, on a personal level, and it just takes everything that could have been so neat and kind of perfect for Jon and Dany, and it really muddies the waters."

Ninety percent of this season was pointless filler. We learned that Jon is a legitimate Targaryen named Aegon and saw Littlefinger get killed off, both of which could have happened last season, and the White Walkers got a dragon that they used to bring down the Wall. Everything else that happened--Jon sulking, the Starks bickering, Drogon burning--was basically stalling for season eight. 

27 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Outside the episode:

"He's the rightful heir to the iron throne. That changes everything... It was about making it clear that this was an information bomb that Jon was heading towards... Just as we're seeing these two people come together, we're hearing the information that will inevitably if not tear them apart, at least cause real problems in their relationship, and she's his aunt. It complicates everything on a political level, on a personal level, and it just takes everything that could have been so neat and kind of perfect for Jon and Dany, and it really muddies the waters."

So they are focusing on the incest now as a negative? In the books no one will care, certainly not jon or dany. Danys parents and grandparents were siblings and somehow i doubt that fire wight jon will gaf in the books. This show is really stupid. The boatsex wasnt even good. Robb and his girl was at least hot. This was lame lame lame.

and theon's new superpower is that he's cock-less oh and Jaime and Bronn had a 5 minute coversation about being cockless. I guess it was the theme of the episode.

dany was right HBO sacrificed one of her dragons for nothing. Cersei was lying the whole time and was sneaking off to ferry the GC across from Essos. Wtf

why does bran have to ask sam questions? Does he know everything or fucking not?

Here's a good one;

After a Wall of ice stands for 10,000 years guess the one thing that finally brought it down?

More Ice

haha- funny right? Makes perfect sense.

Cersei's crown and hair pisses me off more and more every episode.

i like how sansa brought up lysa/catelyn when she killed LF but the rest of it was uninteresting.

Archived