Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

Speaking on the Scandinavian chat show “Skavlan,” Coster-Waldau revealed the unprecedented measures now being implemented to plug any leaks of top-secret story details.

He recalled that during the first couple of seasons, actors got the usual hard-copy scripts in advance. Then, to tighten security, scripts were distributed on digital files. In recent seasons, actors got their parts through verified email.

Then, a few months ago, HBO was hacked and various show files were stolen. The culprits demanded a ransom of several million dollars to prevent episodes from being leaked online.

According to Coster-Waldau, security for this final “Game of Thrones” season is the tightest yet. Actors in each scene are equipped with earpieces and are fed their dialogue to deliver, line by line.

“We’re not even going to get the script,” he said.

HBO has not yet announced the airdate for this eighth and final “Game of Thrones” season.

https://www.apnews.com/f48a206f4d134c81af21a33c77f0d5b2/'Game-of-Thrones'-cast-gets-no-scripts,-star-says

That sounds stupid. But then again, I'm no actor. 

I just think part of putting on a good show is being able to practice and study what your character is doing and feeling. 

I wanna say this is untrue, bit seeing as how D&D have completly given up on quality for pure spectacle, I actually see it happening. 

On 06/10/2017 at 1:20 PM, Le Cygne said:

Longer episodes is just more time for filler. More time for meaningless nonsense like season 7.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-length/

Am I a helpless "sweet, summer child" for hoping it won't all be filler and that they'll actually tie up all loose ends with the characters? Please? :(

On 10/10/2017 at 4:57 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Sansa should learn how to fight. The White Walkers come for everyone and everyone will have to fight.

Jon did say "everyone" would learn to fight, It would be nice to see Sansa learning a few defensive moves, just to prepare her in case she needs to.

On 13/10/2017 at 11:48 AM, Le Cygne said:

According to Coster-Waldau, security for this final “Game of Thrones” season is the tightest yet. Actors in each scene are equipped with earpieces and are fed their dialogue to deliver, line by line.

That sounds ridiculous.

18 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Well, they told him before, just say the lines. I guess they thought this would streamline the process. No more of those pesky actors asking "but why on earth is my character doing this?"

It also means that everyone will be as forced to be as silted in their performances as poor Bran. One minute they'll be fine, the next they'll look as if they just don't know what emotion is anymore.

But in all seriousness, how the hell are they going to rehearse?

12 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

not sure how this will be taken, but, doesn't D&D remind anyone of the Harvey Weinstein situation?

In what way?

On 10/14/2017 at 9:24 PM, SerMixalot said:

not sure how this will be taken, but, doesn't D&D remind anyone of the Harvey Weinstein situation?

You can't just drop that in here without further explanation. Explain yourself 

Well, they told him before, just say the lines. I guess they thought this would streamline the . No more of those pesky actors askingprocess "but why on earth is my character doing this?"

Aaand emote! Yeah that's the face. Let's get 30 minutes if just closeups of them looking at one another all intense like 

D&D

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Here we are, from wotw, they provide a link, proof of the SuperFour (cersei-Tyrion-Jonerys) theory:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/shivarajc#!/vizhome/ScreenTimeofTop100CharactersofGameofThrones/GameofThronesScreenTime

They should just rename the show: Keeping up with the Lannisters  at this point

20 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

They should just rename the show: Keeping up with the Lannisters  at this point

Yep, I think we know who D&D's favourite actors characters are. <_<

2 hours ago, TRILOGY said:

I'm re-watching the series and Jack Gleeson did a good job as Joffrey, an underrated actor, he is better than half of the GOT main cast. 

Logged in to second this. That guy is easily one of the best actors on the show. It kinda saddens me that people talk of how they hate Joff, but rarely give the guy his dues. 

He honestly played the part if the charming prince so well that I honestly see why Sansa would love him. I saw a video of him out if context and he legit came off as a sweet guy. 

Then he shows how messed up Joff is. Spoiled rotten, entitieled, not stupid (surprisingly) and utterly sadistic. 

Ramsay was bad, but kinda cartoony bad. Like someone who watched the show and wanted to "out villain" Joff. But Joff came off like a real person. Someone who looks prestine in public, but tortures animals and people behind locked doors. 

And even when he let his evil ways show, he always came off as a spoiled rotten rich kid, which he was. 

Jack Gleeson is a top notch actor. And that's even more inoressive given his age. (of course the source was just stellar, but he sold it 100% and stood toe to toe with established actors) 

Archived