Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

Little Scribe of Naath

3 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Maybe, I'm just speculating Jon might be reserved about her post reveal and who knows. But then if they have a kid, maybe he'll do his duty. I can't see him fathering a bastard or leaving her with a kid. Anyway, their relationship is kinda getting to the point where they had to either drop Jorah's interest in her or move and let them be together. Probably Jorah will be less expressive in his feelings and sort of see Jon is a good guy. Maybe that would make him feel better.

Don't understand what is his greyscale good for.

Reveal hidden contents

Getting to the Citadel getting cured and then off to Dragonstone?

I thought sacrifice would've been appropriate, it might still happen but it would be terrible way to end his character on this note. He is one of those character I just don't know what to predict as the endgame for him and where he'll be.

Oh, I don't think Jon won't be troubled after the reveal, I think he will be extremely concerned, even more than an average person who would find himself discovering it.

About the bastard thing, I agree.

The thing is, they have put a lot of attention in Jorah's feelings for her (6 seasons) to just make him stop loving her or just be less expressive about them. Even if he understands that Jon is a good guy (and this supposing he doesn't know yet they are related) I see difficulties in him feeling happy with the idea, especially now that Daenerys has left Daario.I don't doubt he will serve her, but he won't feel good with it.

Spoiler

In this sense I don't trust the leaks. Or there is more we don't know and he doesn't express.

Spoiler

Whatever it happens, I was so surprised that Jorah survived s5 and since then, I consider him an endgame character. if the leaks are true, he might survive and this be confirmed.

Maybe it's something more relevant than just his love for Dany.

2 hours ago, Arawen said:

I agree with Meera of Tarth, even I saw something different in Dany/Jorah's relationship in S5 (or it's just Emilia and Iain's amazing chemistry). The leaks appear to be true and it also appears that the greyscale was added for nothing but more unnecessary suffering for Jorah which will be even worse if the leaks are indeed true and

Hide contents

Jon and Dany make love. I am so not looking forward to Jorah's reaction to that (if he is still alive at that point but I count on it since the leaks didn't mention it).

I am a bit partial since I am a Dany/Jorah shipper but I will be very disappointed if the scene where he leaves her in S5, her reaction to him saying "I love you" and him leaving doesn't foreshadow something bigger later in the show about their relationship. It may very well be a sacrifice but then it won't happen next season at least.

Yes, I agree wih you, especially with his reaction. I like them a lot and would like Dany to be in love with him, but I can understand she might not be, especially if we consider the books in this matter (at least what has been told until this point, where I just see a deep admiration). However, after Tyrion's scene I just don't know what Dany thinks or feels. 

Yes, their scenes together in season 5 were the solely things I liked from that season, aside from some random scenes of Arya and Aemon. Her progressive reaction when he returns was also very important IMO.

And yes, his love ( likely unrequited, but still love) has been a very important trait from this character so I think it might be this way (and decided to continue doing that) because of something related to the endgame. Maybe I'm seeing things that don't exist, but that has been my impression.

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh, I don't think Jon won't be troubled after the reveal, I think he will be extremely concerned, even more than an average person who would find himself discovering it.

About the bastard thing, I agree.

The thing is, they have put a lot of attention in Jorah's feelings for her (6 seasons) to just make him stop loving her or just be less expressive about them. Even if he understands that Jon is a good guy (and this supposing he doesn't know yet they are related) I see difficulties in him feeling happy with the idea, especially now that Daenerys has left Daario.I don't doubt he will serve her, but he won't feel good with it.

Reveal hidden contents

In this sense I don't trust the leaks. Or there is more we don't know and he doesn't express.

Reveal hidden contents

Whatever it happens, I was so surprised that Jorah survived s5 and since then, I consider him an endgame character. if the leaks are true, he might survive and this be confirmed.

Maybe it's something more relevant than just his love for Dany.

You're right. There will certaily be a conflict and parentage will make it interesting.

They put a lot of thought, same could be said for Jon and Sansa. My friends aksed me if something is going between them, much like with Dany and Jorah, although the age thing. But it's a Westeros. Jorah would never be happy but sort of at least knowing she is someone good and worthy of her. Not douchebag like Daario.

I see Jorah being frosty as leaks says and then warm up to him. Kinda makes sense even that scene with Longclaw being offered. I agree, that Jorah seems as endgame character because right now killing him after curing greyscale seems weird. I wouldn't put it past them but fron narrative poit of view. He could be LC of the NW or return to Bear Island. I mean he was banished and as result ended up in services of Dany.

Why did brienne and pod have to escape riverrun? makes no sense. she was on good terms with jaime, he was even willing to let her take the tully army up north. jaime would have never harmed her or took her prisoner, yet they escaped as if he would have captured her?

also hate to nit pick but gotta laugh at how the mighty castle of winterfells defenses was just one wooden door with one wood latch behind it, where wun wun could bust right in, yea what a strong castle

also anyone else notice during the parlay that sansa rode her horse off first? then a minute later ramsay proclaims he has not fed his hounds in a week, yet in their final convo she beings it up to him as if she heard it.

also why would sansa not tell jon about the vale soldiers? she could have saved thousands of lives. many men died because they were out numbered etc, if she would have told jon she has possible help he could have planned different and saved lots of people

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

Uncle Benjen what a disappointment to see him return after so long just to die because he served as a valet for Jon.

It's so sad, I hope his scenes are great. It's a pitty they kill everyone who comes back. I'm crossing my fingers so as they don't kill Gendry and Edmure.

5 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

It's so sad, I hope his scenes are great. It's a pitty they kill everyone who comes back. I'm crossing my fingers so as they don't kill Gendry and Edmure.

After what Edmure did last year, I would not mind but I also do not want his half Frey offspring to claim Riverrun outright. I hope Arya "cleans House" at the twins.

5 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

After what Edmure did last year, I would not mind but I also do not want his half Frey offspring to claim Riverrun outright. I hope Arya "cleans House" at the twins.

I'm ok if Freys get killed (don't like it being Arya, though, but I could live with that, we have no LSH), but I don't think it's his son's fault being a Frey. I'd like him to have a normal life. You are right Edmure was not very honourable, but he was in a trap. It was the fault of their stupid soldiers, who were dumb and did not understand was BF was telling them.

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I'm ok if Freys get killed (don't like it being Arya, though, but I could live with that, we have no LSH), but I don't think it's his son's fault being a Frey. I'd like him to have a normal life. You are right Edmure was not very honourable, but he was in a trap. It was the fault of their stupid soldiers, who were dumb and did not understand was BF was telling them.

I do not want his Trap Bride's child to inherit Riverrun and the Riverlands. "The Red Baby" is what it should be called and can you imagine a vassal of the RIverlands who lost kin at the Red Wedding being asked to swear fealty to that little Son of a Frey Bitch, knowing who he is, his mama and the famous night in which he was spawned and under the circumstances? I would take a "hit" out on that child if I were a Riverland Lord before I would ever let that day come to pass.

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I do not want his Trap Bride's child to inherit Riverrun and the Riverlands. "The Red Baby" is what it should be called and can you imagine a vassal of the RIverlands who lost kin at the Red Wedding being asked to swear fealty to that little Son of a Frey Bitch, knowing who he is, his mama and the famous night in which he was spawned and under the circumstances? I would take a "hit" out on that child if I were a Riverland Lord before I would ever let that day come to pass.

I think it's not his fault, and in show-verse the mother might be innocent too.

But I also think this wedding and the offspring might be not the ideal heir to his house due to the incident. I would like him to have  anormal life, though.

They can always elect someone as King in the Riverlands. After all, heirs are just a thing from the "past".

33 minutes ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

Uncle Benjen what a disappointment to see him return after so long just to die because he served as a valet for Jon.

I wonder why they bothered bringing him back at all. Couldn't they come up with another scenario for saving Bran and next Season Jon? I guess they just want to close the storylines of characters that come back after a longer absence by killing them off. 

54 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I've just read a leak that Benjen doesn't survive the season. I'm very disappointed. All good characters have to die.

We still have Meera. Based on Ellie Kendrick's staments, I doubt that she'll just disappear. I hope they give here a bit of screentime. Maise Williams makes me care about Arya even when the writing for her character is terrible. However, I agree with your statement in generall. It's disappointing how many characters they kill off just for shock-value or in order to have mor time for focussing on the characters that they judge as more important. 

Sidenote: They just showed an advertisment for HBO Canada at the Airport and it was nice to see that there were no GoT pics when they said "get our greatest hits" :P

3 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I wonder why they bothered bringing him back at all. Couldn't they come up with another scenario for saving Bran and next Season Jon? I guess they just want to close the storylines of characters that come back after a longer absence by killing them off. 

We still have Meera. Based on Ellie Kendrick's staments, I doubt that she'll just disappear. I hope they give here a bit of screentime. Maise Williams makes me care about Arya even when the writing for her character is terrible. However, I agree with your statement in generall. It's disappointing how many characters they kill off just for shock-value or in order to have mor time for focussing on the characters that they judge as more important. 

I totally agree with you. I really hope Meera stays in Winterfell, they get to know she is the heir of House Reed, and I also care about Arya despite.....everything.

The more important characters. I have been saying this for a long time: Dany, Jon, cersei and Tyrion. Full stop. The rest are only supporting characters now.

Sidenote: They just showed an advertisement for HBO Canada at the Airport and it was nice to see that they were no GoT pics when they said "get our greatest hits" :P

Really! wow

I haven't followed the leaks that closely in the last few days. Can someone update me on Yara's fate, please. I know that Euron will kidnap her, Ellaria and one of the Sandsnakes (which one?) and parade them through KL. Do the leaks say that Yara will die? 

6 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I haven't followed the leaks that closely in the last few days. Can someone update me on Yara's fate, please. I know that Euron will kidnap her, Ellaria and one of the Sandsnakes (which one?) and parade them through KL. Do the leaks say that Yara will die? 

There are pics. We see Ellaria and Tyene kidnapped in a parade, and Yara too, with a chain, pulled by Euron.

The leaks didn't say anything about Yara dying. As for the other two, I'm not very interested in their fate so I can't say what the leaks said because I might have skipped it.

31 minutes ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

They're not really clear on that.

Ok thanks. 

26 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

There are pics. We see Ellaria and Tyene kidnapped in a parade, and Yara too, with a chain, pulled by Euron.

The leaks didn't say anything about Yara dying. As for the other two, I'm not very interested in their fate so I can't say what the leaks said because I might have skipped it.

Don't care about Ellaria and Tyene either. I wish they had them killed off in Season 6 and let Doran live instead.

2 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Ok thanks. 

Don't care about Ellaria and Tyene either. I wish they had them killed off in Season 6 and let Doran live instead.

His scenes were the best. They could have shot a decent Dorne if they had known who they haved or if they have cared more about him. I'm not saying they are not good actresses, they are! But.....wanting to create "empowered" women, by making the women kill him was nonsensical.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think it's not his fault, and in show-verse the mother might be innocent too.

But I also think this wedding and the offspring might be not the ideal heir to his house due to the incident. I would like him to have  anormal life, though.

They can always elect someone as King in the Riverlands. After all, heirs are just a thing from the "past".

send him to the Night's Watch or make him a lacky on the Kingsguard but for the sake of peace in the Riverlands that kid must not inherit the Tully holdings. Also, considering the circumstances of the wedding itself, if Roslyn Frey is still alive, have that marriage annuled as it was a trap, they were lured in etc. She knew about it as well, that is certain, books and show, Roslyn knew what was going to happen. However, it may not come to that, books and show. Other mitigating factors will most likely be involved.

Archived