Little Scribe of Naath

Rant and Rave without Repercussions [S7 Leaks Edition]

2,086 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Why have an interesting character when you can have a shit actor allusion?

"At some point, you've got to start wondering... what the hell is this... plot?" - David Benioff, 2016.

Words of wisdom!

"Creatively it made sense because we wanted it to happen."

Edited by Faera

I'd respond to the Love boat post which I completely disagree with, but since this is not a debate thread, I'll just say what I have said during months here bc now it came to my mind again how horrible it is.

It was awfully done, the love story is not believable, they have known each other for a fortnight, they make us believe this is epic, but it's incestuous, they are not each other's types AT ALL, it's cliche, the scenes that settle that pre-boat scene are ridiculously hilarious :

Jon and Dany in a corner as if they were in kindergarten,  characters telling them that they ARE in love, so as to compensate the fact that there is no natural development to that-LOL, they have just seen each other once in a "bend the knee" scene, Missandei talking about super sex with Greyworm, and then JOn magically arriving at that moment also to remind us that the cave scene is gonna be super romantic....

And of course, Jon going to the suicidal wight hunt because he is brave for Dany, and after losing Thoros and Viserion and almost all of them dying, he shows HIS SUPER LOVE AND ADMIRATION for Dany to evil Queen Cersei so as to destroy the plan. The icing of the cake LOL:lol: 

Because yeah, instead of a battle scene in KIngs Landing, Jon and Dany just....prefer her showing wights. Oh, the exhibition scene, I must say, I laughed a lot, it was "better" than I had thought since it made me laugh even knowing what would happen. The chest of the wight!!!:lmao:

And finally the boat scene, with a montage that shows us how incestuous it is, and of course, no first kiss, LOL.

I won't debate about it, this is not a debate thread, it's just to talk about what we don't like about the show, so I won't respond to comments about why what I have said is not true, and these scenes of the show are good. There are other threads for that.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

23 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Because yeah, instead of a battle scene in KIngs Landing, Jon and Dany just....prefer her showing wights. Oh, the exhibition scene, I must say, I laughed a lot, it was "better" than I had thought since it made me laugh even knowing what would happen. The chest of the wight!!!:lmao:

Just wanted to add, I just rewatched the scene and even paused at several frames, and I couldn't find anything wrong with his chest - I mean I didn't count the ribs or anything, but I didn't spot any obvious errors there?

Anyway just a detail, not sure though.

7 minutes ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

Just wanted to add, I just rewatched the scene and even paused at several frames, and I couldn't find anything wrong with his chest - I mean I didn't count the ribs or anything, but I didn't spot any obvious errors there?

Anyway just a detail, not sure though.

I mean that thr whole thing of the wight inside the chest and everyone wondering what is happening is comical 

-Oh, my bad :o

Btw I'd rather use the word "comedic" than "comical" since it was obviously intended humor - however I agree that using humor in that scene can be considered bad writing.

Edited by Pink Fat Rast

I am now certain that they used season 7 pretty much to deceive us, everyone is expecting Jon and Dany army get togheter, destroy the NK, get married and rules the 7 Kingdoms (ughhh) but since the cast started doing interviews about season 8 I realize that this is not how its going to play out. First of all Daenerys wont save anything, not that I hate her, but this has not being her character the entire book, Daenerys brings more chaos and destruction, never solutions. She pretty much destroyed all the cities from Essos that she conquered. Bran will have a VERY important role and I am betting on him saving the day.

Spoiler

The ony real spoiler that we got from season 8 was the one telling us that the Dothraki will get sick and die from the cold and flu (which makes tons of sense) 

I am predicting that the Unsullied will have a very hard time fighting in the snow and cold of the winter of Westeros, thats why George made sure to point out taht Stannis army was suffering in the North, he wanted the reader to know that its hard for a foregeing army to fight in climate situations that they are not used to. And I also believe now that Dany will lose control of her Dragons. This is a song of Ice AND Fire, its ice and fire that will tear apart Westeros, and a Dream of Spring will be the period where they rebuild a destroyed Kingdom.