Leaks discussion thread for season 7 vol. 2.

Lord Friendzone

2 hours ago, Colonel Green said:

You mean like the "hint" of Sansa drinking soup and the Hound having mentioned soup a few seasons earlier?

I personally have no idea whether SanSan is going to happen on the show, but there's no reasonable way to characterize the period from Seasons 3 to 6 (and, apparently, Season 7) as being anything other than devoid of indicators.  If anything, the writers have conspicuously pruned the Hound's appearances of almost any mention of her while investing massively in his interactions with Arya, and Sansa hasn't mentioned him at all.

I don't consider this conclusive because pulling stuff out of nowhere is hardly unknown to the writers of the show, but if that happens come Season 8, the reaction of pretty much all show-watchers will be "huh?"

LOL, agreed, and very well put.

And that's how they do it. The series is filled with stuff like this, as they build to big moments (they like the big moment). "By the way, Season 4 will be looked back on like Season 1 in that it is filled with subtext about what's coming, and it's so brilliantly written that you'll never know it."

By that token, Sansa's going to end up with Tyrion. The writers--including GRRM in 4x02--laid it on extraordinarily thick in Season 4 how much they supposedly respected and trusted each other. I don't think Sansa will end up with Tyrion, of course, but if I had to choose the most likely endgame dude for Sansa based solely on supposed subtext in Season 4, it wouldn't be the Hound.

Besides, even if Arya and Sansa do talk about things Sandor said to Arya in Season 7, I doubt Sansa would find Sandor's statement to Arya that he wished he'd raped her ("taken" and "fucked her bloody" pointing to rape) terribly endearing, having been raped repeatedly and all.

In other news, Maisie and Sophie haven't been filming much. Sophie was in Belfast briefly but she left again and was just spotted in New York. Granted, Sophie didn't film much for Season 6 and still managed to have a plotline of her own and to feature in most (all?) of the episodes, but I think Winterfell is going to be taking a backseat to the southern drama in Season 7. Awayforthelads' description of the Winterfell plot suggested pretty slim pickings, too:

6x01: Argument over what to do with the Karstark and Umber kids' lands.

6x02: Jon gets a raven from Team Dany, decides to go south, leaves Sansa in charge.

6x03: Bran returns to Winterfell (can't remember whether it's Bran or Arya who's supposed to arrive first). Meera ditches him.

6x04: Arya returns to Winterfell.

6x04-6x07: Sansa and Arya's viewpoints clash. LF tries to fuck with Arya by planting the letter. Arya angrily confronts Sansa. Bran helps Sansa see that LF is a poison in their midst.

6x07: Sansa orders Arya to execute LF with the Valyrian steel dagger. Bran realizes that Jon is a legitimate Targ.

I think WOTW hinted that Sansa and Arya do eventually sit down at some point and have a proper heart to heart over everything they've been through, but the leaker didn't specify anything along those lines.

I'm also wondering whether 7x06 takes place entirely beyond the Wall, in the tradition of Watchers on the Wall and Blackwater, which would mean that Winterfell is only going to feature in a maximum of six possible episodes, not seven.

13 minutes ago, Newstar said:

In other news, Maisie and Sophie haven't been filming much. Sophie was in Belfast briefly but she left again and was just spotted in New York. Granted, Sophie didn't film much for Season 6 and still managed to have a plotline of her own and to feature in most (all?) of the episodes, but I think Winterfell is going to be taking a backseat to the southern drama in Season 7. Awayforthelads' description of the Winterfell plot suggested pretty slim pickings, too:

Yeah, I was afraid that would happen. We had too much North last season, so now they will spend most next season in the South. 

11 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

Yeah, I was afraid that would happen. We had too much North last season, so now they will spend most next season in the South. 

Yes. It seems like everyone and their brother--Team Dany, Team Jon, wight capture team, Jaime, etc.--will be arriving at Winterfell early in Season 8, since Season 7 ends with all those people heading north. I'm guessing Winterfell will be where the action is for Season 8. 

1 minute ago, Newstar said:

Yes. It seems like everyone and their brother--Team Dany, Team Jon, wight capture team, Jaime, etc.--will be arriving at Winterfell early in Season 8, since Season 7 ends with all those people heading north. I'm guessing Winterfell will be where the action is for Season 8.

Yeah, everyone will be going to the North except Cersei (assuming she won't die).

Just now, Newstar said:

I wonde, how further will white walkers push them. Will it be KL, trident or just Winterfell? I mean, would prefer white walkers to reach KL as in HOTU vision but not sure how logistics works for it, they'd have to beat humans a lot, which leave humans in a pretty terrible position. At least it should go beyond the North borders, to be truly impactful invasion.

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes. Yesterday watchers on the Wall published an article in which Ellie Kendrick is interviewed about her role in s7. She says she is his protector and bodyguard, doesn't sound like she would leave him out of a sudden.

I don't think he is gonna ally with the Others ( I suppose you mean as a sacrifice cause Bran is the whitest of the show characters) since we know he arrives at WF safe from reliable sources.

I am catching up on all the posts I have missed, and I want to totally 100% agree with you on this one. I read the interview also. Bran is Meera's  true King  (in the books he is her Prince ) and she would never abandon him. The Reeds are completely loyal. When I heard that leak about Meera leaving Bran because he wasn't the good old Bran she knew before I knew it had to be wrong. The show left us with a very loyal and protective Meera. If she leaves Bran this season it will be at his behest on a mission for him. She will do as her King commands. 

1 minute ago, DutchArya said:

Well looks like Maisie is back in Belfast today!!! :wub:

link?

In 609 commentary, D and D have confirmed what many of us have taken away from the show. That they completely misinterpret Jon and their mission is to make him as flawed and simple as possible, taking away all his qualities bar one (they see him as a good soldier/fighter only).  'S no wonder  he does what he does in the leak. I wonder how worse it will get for him in season 8.

10 minutes ago, Evarei said:

link?

In 609 commentary, D and D have confirmed what many of us have taken away from the show. That they completely misinterpret Jon and their mission is to make him as flawed and simple as possible, taking away all his qualities bar one (they see him as a good soldier/fighter only).  'S no wonder  he does what he does in the leak. I wonder how worse it will get for him in season 8.

So he is suppose to be naive and make poor decisions? 

2 minutes ago, Evarei said:

link?

If that's the way it should go forward and not just this situation at the battle with Rickon being involved, feel sorry for Jon. I don't get the impression that ir should be but if they see him this way.

28 minutes ago, Evarei said:

link?

In what part is this? I watched the episode comments and they aren't in it, just Kit, Sophie and Miguel talking.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 7:20 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

Oops, as I said I did basic genetics in High school, so I barely remember it, just the basic concepts of genotype, phenotype and super basic problems about this, and also that I used capital and small letters to express the genes expressed in the final generation (maybe I said something wrong, please don't take that into account). So, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't explain you that :oBut why would I have to anyway? You know more about this than me......

Googling is just a suggestion ( I din't know if you knew about inbreeding in European royalties, so this is why i suggested it) but of course it isn't necessary now if you are aware of that and also have a deep understanding of genetics.

However, I find it a little strange that with your knowledge you didn't understand my post about "general terms" when you said "what kind of statement is that?" I think it was very clear what I said, but I'll google it for you just in case you missed the main point (or didn't know about the Hapsburgs), and of course, for anyone who is interested in that. At this moment, let's suppose that genetics in Westeros works exactly like in real life, which is the premise we were talking about at that moment:

Look at the Hapsburg family tree, where inbreeding have occurred during generations (cousin marriages and a bit of avunculate)-and never a sibling incest-:

The inbreeding coefficient of the Spanish Habsburg kings increased strongly along generations from 0.025 for king Philip I, the founder of the dynasty, to 0.254 for Charles II and several members of the dynasty had inbreeding coefficients higher than 0.20

F, or the coefficient of inbreeding, is critical here. Charles II was not simply the offspring of a first cousin marriage, he was the culmination of a repeated instances of cousin marriage over several generations

To see how, consider if Philip or Joanna carry a deleterious mutation which is recessive in its expression. Presumably their children would be unaffected, because only one of them should carry a rare deleterious mutation, resulting complementation so that one full functional copy is sufficient. But in Charles’ cases both of his parents are descendants of Philip & Joanna, so the probability that he will inherit the same faulty allele from both parents is heightened

In other words, Charles II was moderately more inbred than the average among the offspring from brother-sister matings!

But it is nice to see it laid out in a precise manner. Not only did the Spanish Hapsburgs have a high infant mortality rate, but it got higher as their inbreeding become more advanced.

The numbers that @Le Cygne posted to illustrate the difference between avunculate and cousin marriage might be even HIGHER if there have been incest in previous generations. That was my point.

Here there is more information about the topic:

http://www.livescience.com/3504-inbreeding-downfall-dynasty.html

Nice google, to bad is isn't applicable. There is indeed a marked difference between successive line breeding and a one time occurrence of a Aunt/nephew cross. With each filial generation the odds increase. However, this pattern was broken when Lyanna and Rhaegar bred. The influx of fresh genetic material resets the filial generation to 1.

35 minutes ago, Evarei said:

link?

She was spotted at Belfast International Airport like 1 hour ago. 

2 hours ago, Newstar said:

Winterfell will definitely be taking a backseat, purely because of all the excitement that will be generated by what's happening down south (where the bulk of the cast is now).

But as far as filming time goes, it sounds like pretty much all the scenes at Winterfell will be smaller character moments featuring a couple of characters at a time, so those don't take particularly long to film.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sansa doesn't set foot outside Winterfell this season, nor Arya and Bran once they've arrived there.

Archived