Leaks discussion thread for season 7 vol. 2.

Lord Friendzone

1 hour ago, Ice Spider said:

Nice google, to bad is isn't applicable. There is indeed a marked difference between successive line breeding and a one time occurrence of a Aunt/nephew cross. With each filial generation the odds increase. However, this pattern was broken when Lyanna and Rhaegar bred. The influx of fresh genetic material resets the filial generation to 1.

this was to show you that the numbers a poster previously posted could be increased as you have also pointed out. I was not arguing directly or from the first time if their case would be worse or better than normal avunculate incest considering all the family tree of both of them.

15 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Wonder what is Maisie filming. It can't be a wight hunt, unless she hide herself somehow. But if it means reunited Arya and Gendry and finally them together. So be it.

please. Just please...if only!

20 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Wonder what is Maisie filming. It can't be a wight hunt, unless she hide herself somehow. But if it means reunited Arya and Gendry and finally them together. So be it.

The only way they meet is if she goes after them in the wight hunt, but then it would not fit the narrative where she spends her time arguing with Sansa for political reasons and LF.

Just now, Leticia Stark said:

The only way they meet is if she goes after them in the wight hunt, but then it would not fit the narrative where she spends her time arguing with Sansa for political reasons and LF.

Yeah, weird how so little time Sophie and Maisie filmed together or been in Belfast at same time. Arya is supposed to do something Jon might not like. Maisie in one interview and the bit about white walkers and Valyrian steel sword. Could be that dagger from the leaks.

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I wonde, how further will white walkers push them. Will it be KL, trident or just Winterfell? I mean, would prefer white walkers to reach KL as in HOTU vision but not sure how logistics works for it, they'd have to beat humans a lot, which leave humans in a pretty terrible position. At least it should go beyond the North borders, to be truly impactful invasion.

Hopefully ttthe WW do invade in force and take half the North. Tho I'm curious, the leak says TeamJon/TeamDany are on a boat heading North and after their tryst on the boat the Wall falls. Where exactly are they going? I always assumed they were heading back to Eastwatch but this might be folly since part of the Wall has fallen. 

5 hours ago, Newstar said:

<snip>

Oh, but the context is completely different.... Sandor talked this way in order to get killed and stop the agony of a slow death.

He really wanted Sansa but IN REALITY he'd have never done it because The Beast doesn't want to rape the Beauty, he wants her love. He'd like to make love to her, to be loved by her. It's completely different.

Arya and Sansa would not discuss it that way. This would be worse than a joke about cocks! And I bet Arya is intelligent enough to understand the context. If she can do Frey Pies without getting discoveried she is capable of anything. And also Arya knew in Season 4 what THE HOUND really wanted, that's why she lets him suffer but doesn't kill him, because it was the solution in the middle between wanting to avenge him but also respecting him as a friend. She knew he was manipulating her. Later she acknowledged he was a friend to her in THOBAW.

Arya would not tell Sansa this now that she would see his friend is alive. Never. Ever.

52 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

That would make the Northern storyline half-fake and I would love it!

7 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Hopefully ttthe WW do invade in force and take half the North. Tho I'm curious, the leak says TeamJon/TeamDany are on a boat heading North and after their tryst on the boat the Wall falls. Where exactly are they going? I always assumed they were heading back to Eastwatch but this might be folly since part of the Wall has fallen. 

In the books, Dany dreams of fighting host of usurpers at the Trident, like Rhaegar did with Robert. I'd like to think, they do invade not only the North but Riverlands or even reach KL.

I assume they're going to White Harbor or Eastwatch but learning upon their invasion will try to form army and fight them, but fighting white walkers in conventional warfare is useless. It would just add more to their army. They say how Jon and Dany have a sex while the Wall is falling down, I think it's more meant as what is happening afterwards or before it.

2 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

I am catching up on all the posts I have missed, and I want to totally 100% agree with you on this one. I read the interview also. Bran is Meera's  true King  (in the books he is her Prince ) and she would never abandon him. The Reeds are completely loyal. When I heard that leak about Meera leaving Bran because he wasn't the good old Bran she knew before I knew it had to be wrong. The show left us with a very loyal and protective Meera. If she leaves Bran this season it will be at his behest on a mission for him. She will do as her King commands. 

oh, I totally agree with that, and what I bolded in red also smells as very fake. This also made me suspicicious the Northern line was invented only knowing some things that might be true (LF's demise, for instance, or Bran in WF, conflicts of any kind...).

39 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Well if we take those spoilers as truth, then Jon's supposed to be leading Unsullied to Eastwatch. The Wall falls while they're well on their way there. They may as well abort that plan and go to Winterfell when they learn about The Wall somehow. Or maybe they planned for a little in-land trip to Winterfell anyway.

Meera's one of my favorite minor characters on the show so I'm happy to hear she won't be written off this season. Did sound weird. No way a character kills off an Other and then just goes home, never to be heard from again.

I'm still not on board with the Dany/Jon romance, not just because I'm not a fan of the pairing and actively dislike show!Dany, though that does play into it, but also because it seems incredibly rushed and forced. They meet in episode 3 where Dany is impressed but Jon isn't, then they are apart in episode 4 where Dany burns prisoners of war and Varys and Tyrion are unsettled, then Jon just casually pets a dragon in episode 5 which further impresses Dany, and then they're apart in episode 6 again until Dany ex machina at the end of the episode, and then they're in love by episode 7. What?

Then there's the Stark sisters' drama which apparently lasts 1.5-2 episodes. What's the point besides giving the actors something to do? And couldn't they have written something else for them?

Nymeria and Arya reunite only for them to separate in the same/following episode? Rhaegar annulled his marriage with Elia? Bran's storyline and powers revolve around Jon when he was mankind's only hope a few seasons ago? Sam discovers the cure for greyscale from one episode to the next because Jorah's plot armor is stronger than everyone else's combined? 

38 minutes ago, WolfOfWinter said:

Meera's one of my favorite minor characters on the show so I'm happy to hear she won't be written off this season. Did sound weird. No way a character kills off an Other and then just goes home, never to be heard from again.

I'm still not on board with the Dany/Jon romance, not just because I'm not a fan of the pairing and actively dislike show!Dany, though that does play into it, but also because it seems incredibly rushed and forced. They meet in episode 3 where Dany is impressed but Jon isn't, then they are apart in episode 4 where Dany burns prisoners of war and Varys and Tyrion are unsettled, then Jon just casually pets a dragon in episode 5 which further impresses Dany, and then they're apart in episode 6 again until Dany ex machina at the end of the episode, and then they're in love by episode 7. What?

Then there's the Stark sisters' drama which apparently lasts 1.5-2 episodes. What's the point besides giving the actors something to do? And couldn't they have written something else for them?

Nymeria and Arya reunite only for them to separate in the same/following episode? Rhaegar annulled his marriage with Elia? Bran's storyline and powers revolve around Jon when he was mankind's only hope a few seasons ago? Sam discovers the cure for greyscale from one episode to the next because Jorah's plot armor is stronger than everyone else's combined? 

I really want to believe this is true, sounds true from the interview. I really hope she is there and alive with Bran.

4 hours ago, Evarei said:

That seems to be their intention, to keep him from evolving/even learning from mistakes.

Yep.  They see Jon as a dumb beefcake who is incapable of displaying leadership qualities or intelligence  and constantly screws up. 

4 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

Yep.  They see Jon as a dumb beefcake who is incapable of displaying leadership qualities or intelligence  and constantly screws up. 

Constantly? I'd say he did in good previous seasons. Unless you weren't watching Hardhome, Battle of the Wall and how raised through NW ranks. Post-rescurrection he was timid, even more moody and sort of scared of what he saw in the afterlife...which was unsuprisingly nothing. He knows nothing, saw nothing.

52 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Constantly? I'd say he did in good previous seasons. Unless you weren't watching Hardhome, Battle of the Wall and how raised through NW ranks. Post-rescurrection he was timid, even more moody and sort of scared of what he saw in the afterlife...which was unsuprisingly nothing. He knows nothing, saw nothing.

Jon needed to be bailed by Stannis in the battle for the Wall and he walked right into a massacre at Hardhome.  He didn't realize Olly's or Throne's anger about his position on the Wildlings and didn't watch out for traitors.  So prior to his resurrection, he was kind of dense and did stupid things as well.  All this would be fine if he actually was learning from his mistakes and growing as a leader.  But the leaks portray him making the same mistakes again next season.  He still does not understand human nature or politics and he underestimates his opponents again and again.

5 hours ago, kg1982 said:

Jon needed to be bailed by Stannis in the battle for the Wall and he walked right into a massacre at Hardhome.  He didn't realize Olly's or Throne's anger about his position on the Wildlings and didn't watch out for traitors.  So prior to his resurrection, he was kind of dense and did stupid things as well.  All this would be fine if he actually was learning from his mistakes and growing as a leader.  But the leaks portray him making the same mistakes again next season.  He still does not understand human nature or politics and he underestimates his opponents again and again.

More ignorance, I am not surprised. So jon was supposed to stand against the wildlings when out numbered 1000 to 1? Give me a break. You do realize Jon was on a suicide mission to save the nights watch by taking out Mance prior to Stannis's arrival right?

Jon went to hardhome because he knew if he didn't he would be facing the wildlings about to get butchered by the WW's anyways (only as wights) so instead he saved what he could anticipating they could become allies to aid in the fight he knew was coming against the "real" enemy.

Jon has always cared much more about the "greater good" than any political BS. He could honestly care less who is in charge of what, as long as that person shares the same values as he does. I'm not quite sure why you just can't seem to grasp that concept about his character. It's not about being dumb, or some submissive beefcake as you would try to have (and are failing miserably I might add) the rest of us believe, it's about doing the right thing and making the right moves against what he considers the biggest threats to everyone's existence.

Would it even make sense for Rhaegar to annull is first wedding to Elia and take Lyanna as his wife? Not talking about where to find such an evidence, that is for another debate. Part of the leaks that bothers me.

From what we know, Rhaegar was a freak on the prophecy (really obsessed), first of all thinking it was him and then baby Aegon, trying to recreate the original  three headed dragon Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys. Why would he annull his first wedding to Elia, in which he had two kids necessary for recreating this three-headed dragon (in his mind) and took only Lyanna?

If these events from the leaks are true and Weiss and Benioff knows ending of this story, what could've changed Rhaegar's mind? He changed his mind before, unless it's some sort of show version of these events, how it fits to them.

Archived