Leaks discussion thread for season 7 vol. 2.

Lord Friendzone

1 hour ago, Bear Claw said:

Unfortunately, according to this leak, enlisting Dany ends up in the WWs breaching the wall. The best course of action that is actually in the books is trying to get to know the enemy. Sam was sent to the Citadel to find out more about the enemy. It isn't exciting to watch on TV, but spending some time trying to figure out more about the WWs would make Jon a more competent leader.  This is exactly what Jon was faulted for last season. He was going to fight an enemy he didn't know. Engaging an enemy in anyway that they know so little about is just unadvised. I guess the show really can't do much else, but it makes Jon look bad. 

Besides the fact that it isn't exciting, there is no time to "waste". We have only 13 episodes, they already are too close to the Wall and the audience are impacient for this battle, many people thought the Wall would fall on season 6 finale.

21 minutes ago, Evarei said:

That's the reason Sam left CB in the first place. He doesn't have to send any ravens, Jon knows Sam's there to do research on WWs.

I thought Sam was in Oldtown because Castle Black needed a new Maester after Maester Aemon died. They said in the show that he was going there to know more about the WW's? I don't remember.

26 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

Besides the fact that it isn't exciting, there isn't time to "waste". We have only 13 episodes, they already are too close to the Wall and the audience are impacient for this battle, many people thought the Wall would fall on season 6 finale.

I thought Sam was in Oldtown because Castle Black needed a new Maester after Maester Aemon died. They said in the show that he was going there to know more about the WW's? I don't remember.

Maybe that is just my interpretation. I know that in the books and show Sam researches to find information about the Others at Castle Black, but he only finds very limited information.  Jon sends Sam to old town to become a Maester to replace Aemon. I do remember in the books Maester Aemon telling Jon something along the lines that knowledge is a weapon or to arm himself with knowledge before he goes into battle. I think the books are pointing to Jon taking a more thoughtful approach.

13 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

Maybe that is just my interpretation. I know that in the books and show Sam researches to find information about the Others at Castle Black, but he only finds very limited information.  Jon sends Sam to old town to become a Maester to replace Aemon. I do remember in the books Maester Aemon telling Jon something along the lines that knowledge is a weapon or to arm himself with knowledge before he goes into battle. I think the books are pointing to Jon taking a more thoughtful approach.

I'm sure in the books Sam will help Jon a lot with all the knowledge that he can get there. In the show, he'll help too, but Jon won't be waiting for him for the reasons I listed. 

3 hours ago, kg1982 said:

And getting played by Cersei after losing one of your WMDs on an unnecessary suicide mission helped recruit which allies?

Bitter Walda eating tarts and armchair quarterbacking........

For starters, Jon had no idea Dany was planning on coming to his aid, how is that on Jon? Dany maybe......

Then again, she did succeed (albeit at a cost) didn't she?

Jon, did succeed, didn't he? He know has the help of Dany and her forces, and at the very least, Jamie. Cersei can be dealt with by Arya.

The others were coming, dragon or no dragon, this has been known for quite some time now. The mission was an absolute necessity, it was a success, however that success did come at a cost.

OK, I need someone to confirm me whether I have understood the Reach leaks...

Spoiler

So, Tarlys switch sides to Lannisters and attack Highgarden. They sack it, Olenna dies, apparently she tells Jamie she killed Joffrey and THEN Daenerys comes with dragons and burn them. That's how they will play this? 

8 minutes ago, Risto said:

Hide contents

So, Tarlys switch sides to Lannisters and attack Highgarden. They sack it, Olenna dies, apparently she tells Jamie she killed Joffrey and THEN Daenerys comes with dragons and burn them. That's how they will play this? 

Yup. Dany ambushes them on their way out 

28 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

Bitter Walda eating tarts and armchair quarterbacking........

For starters, Jon had no idea Dany was planning on coming to his aid, how is that on Jon? Dany maybe.....

So Dany is a moron as well?  Yes I will agree with that but this does not excyse Jon for coming up with the dumb plan.  

Then again, she did succeed (albeit at a cost) didn't she?

In what?  Saving her dumb boyfriend's butt?  Getting "proof" so she and Jon could be doublecrossed by Cersei and sent straight to theit deaths?  

Jon, did succeed, didn't he? He know has the help of Dany and her forces, and at the very least, Jamie. Cersei can be dealt with by Arya.

Dany was willing to help without proof.  Jaime is one guy.  His only use is warning Gary and Mary currently sexing it up on the incestuous love boat that they are headed straight into a massacre.

The others were coming, dragon or no dragon, this has been known for quite some time now. The mission was an absolute necessity, it was a success, however that success did come at a cost.

All Jon did was get doublecrossed by a sociopath and almost march his and Dany's armies straight into a massacre.  The only thing that apparently prevents this is Jaime's pangs of conscience.  He actually ends up in a worse position before wight hunt.  Jon has two options 1. Try to take King's Landing with Dany or 2. Go to war with the armies he has and hope that winter and Moat Caitlin prevent Cersei from attacking.  Both options are risky but better than what he choose - thinking that Cersei Lannister is willing to deal stright with him.

15 minutes ago, Risto said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't believe you need to hide spoilers in this thread. 

But yes, you got it. Daenerys ambushs them on their way back to King's Landing (with Dothraki, at least one dragon, and perhaps the unsullied as well)

43 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Safe to assume Dany gets news about what happens to Olenna and makes plans, as oppose to her already heading to HG with her army and dragon( Drogon? )?

For sure she heard about it and acted. That is why Jon as left at Dragonstone alone.

Just wonder what are the Unsullied doing this season .Are they attacking Casterly Rock or at ambush? Leaks mentioned them travelling with Jon and any further up the North. Also, speculation that Grey Worm might die and as their leader. They would killed them all off so late in the story. It would be shame, since they got a wonderful reputation in the books, but show is doing them not much of favour.

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty much .We can openly discuss leaks in theis there, so no need to cover it.

@ 1,982 kg

All Jon did was get doublecrossed by a sociopath and almost march his and Dany's armies straight into a massacre.  The only thing that apparently prevents this is Jaime's pangs of conscience.  He actually ends up in a worse position before wight hunt.  Jon has two options 1. Try to take King's Landing with Dany or 2. Go to war with the armies he has and hope that winter and Moat Caitlin prevent Cersei from attacking.  Both options are risky but better than what he choose - thinking that Cersei Lannister is willing to deal stright with him.

So tell me, when Cersei is assassinated, who takes her place, assuming KL has not been conquered yet?

21 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

@ 1,982 kg

So tell me, when Cersei is assassinated, who takes her place, assuming KL has not been conquered yet?

Ummm..  The lady with the dragons comes to mind.  

30 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

@ 1,982 kg

got it, thanks!

Sorry that typing on a phone doesn't meet your grammar standards.  Eyes roll.  

2 hours ago, Risto said:

Reveal hidden contents

It looks like it yeah.

Archived