US Politics returns: the post-Election thread

mormont

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Hope that works for you.  I've been called names too (by people on both sides).  I don't think responding in kind is really the way to go but to each their own.  

It's not the way to go...you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I've lived my entire life believing that. However, there comes a time when you have to fight back. Vulgarity is the only thing they understand....they love non-PC until it's directed at them. Then they whine more than my teenage daughter. 

However, it's important to keep in mind that the majority of people in this country did NOT vote for Orange Cheeto and most people are rational. But we have to stay vigilant and we can't allow the nutters to dictate the direction we're heading as a country. If that means being the non-PC they claim to be in favor of, so be it. 

9 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I don't think that's really John Cleese.  That's a meme that has been running around since 2000.

The meme refers to 2nd November as "Indecision Day" - which likely means it was concocted in the run-up to the 2004 Presidential Election (held on 2nd November). The 2000 election was held on 4th November.

1 minute ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

The meme refers to 2nd November as "Indecision Day" - which likely means it was concocted in the run-up to the 2004 Presidential Election (held on 2nd November). The 2000 election was held on 4th November.

That was also the year The Daily Show referred to the election as "Indecision 2004" I think.

5 minutes ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

I've been wrong before.  I'll likely be wrong again. :)

@Altherion

Since you're struggling to understand why people think Bannon is antisemitic, I'll explain it to you the way I would to a 10 year old.

Bannon ran Breitbart......

While doing so, he stated that he wanted the site to be a platform for the alt-white......

Alt-right is code for white nationalism, among other things.......

A key component of white nationalism is antisemitism.......

Capisce?

I don't think arguing is a particularly effective way at changing minds, particularly at this partisan time in our history. In my opinion, events have a better chance of changing a lot more minds (I know, a total reversal of the prevailing wisdom before the elections, but I am re-evaluating a lot of my priors).

2 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I don't think arguing is a particularly effective way at changing minds, particularly at this partisan time in our history. In my opinion, events have a better chance of changing a lot more minds (I know, a total reversal of the prevailing wisdom before the elections, but I am re-evaluating a lot of my priors).

I agree. I think the next four years (if this administration lasts that long) will cure a lot of people of their desire to flirt with the Dark Side. 

Just now, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

I agree. I think the next four years (if this administration lasts that long) will cure a lot of people of their desire to flirt with the Dark Side. 

I hope you're right, but goddamn, what a way to find out, because in the meantime, so much damage will be done.

5 minutes ago, LongRider said:

I hope you're right, but goddamn, what a way to find out, because in the meantime, so much damage will be done.

I know. :( My kids (ages 21 and just turned 20 yesterday) are so upset and scared for their futures. I don't blame them. As usual, we failed them on so many levels. 

I find it incredibly telling that no one feels compelled to broach the subject of Soros' Purple Revolution: with his thousands of bussed in anarchists (and we have this verified), intent on interfering against the processing of the outcome of the vote, by causing widescale violence and destruction of public property across the major cities of America. Seems very selective to me. As does the denial that Soros pulled this shit in three countries, most famously Ukraine, in Europe before and managed in doing so to overrule with waves of paid Communist thugs a globalist-unpopular vote.

PS - Before Bannon is brought up further, the majority of the Right seem happy that he wasn't made Chief of Staff, including myself, because the majority of people who voted for Trump are actually socially liberal. They were mostly the same people who felt colossally betrayed after voting Soros puppet Obama in. Bannon is an idiot, and Trump has displayed that he is far more moderate than the bought off media made him out to be by not making Bannon his Chief of Staff.

2 minutes ago, Weeping Sore said:

At least God-Emperor Trump can't serve that long because he's already 70 and has had some hard living so his heart can't hold out forever. Not like Mussolini who was like 40 when he became Prime Minister.

It's the old, malicious ones  you want gone that live longest. His Horcruxes will sustain him.

2 minutes ago, Weeping Sore said:

At least God-Emperor Trump can't serve that long because he's already 70 and has had some hard living so his heart can't hold out forever. Not like Mussolini who was like 40 when he became Prime Minister.

There's also that term limit thing. Assuming the constitutional framework is still operational by 2024.

3 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

I find it incredibly telling that no one feels compelled to brioach the subject of Soros' Purple Revolution: with his thousands of bussed in anarchists (and we have this verified), intent on interfering against the processing of the outcome of the vote, by causing widescale violence and destruction of public property across the major cities of America. Seems very selective to me. As does the denial that Soros pulled this shit in three countries, most famously Ukraine, in Europe before and managed in doing so to overrule with waves of paid Communist thugs a globalist-unpopular vote.

Any real news sites around this?  I googled this and only alt-right and conspiracy sites came up.

Just now, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

I'm now imagining 2020: a 74 year old Trump vs a 79 year old Sanders.

"Old Man Yells At Cloud" might be an accurate summary.

LOL!  "Get off my lawn!" goes viral.

2 minutes ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

There's also that term limit thing. Assuming the constitutional framework is still operational by 2024.

I'd give say the chance of the constitution standing after 8 years of Trump are about even with a global nuclear holocaust.

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

If Trump does any of the things he promised , whilst toning down some of his rhetoric, he might become even more popular with the general public.

Possible.  Huge Tax cut + boost Infrastructure/defense spending is economically ridiculous in the long run, but in the short term it could boost the economy.

Also possible.  Nobody knows what we're getting with Trump because whenever anyone asks him it is just a jumble of evasions and contradictions.  And now that he is elected, he is far less accountable than before. 

A lot of how Trump's presidency is perceived will depend on outside circumstances. If he has to demonstrate actual competence in handling a disaster, war, hostage crisis, etc, I think it will be pretty obvious the emperor has no clothes.  But if it is just a messaging war between him and the democrats about immigration/economic issues, I could see him winning reelection fairly comfortably.  His terrible economic ideas will probably collapse by the end of his second term, but by then he may have lost interest in being president anyway.

6 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Any real news sites around this?  I googled this and only alt-right and conspiracy sites came up.

A number of arrested protestors have admitted it. There are videos on this including caught in the action footage all over Youtube. Soros was hacked recently and what was already known by very easy supposition was verified, by proof preparation for this via his Open Society Foundation. A vast number of the protestors, who we also know have been handed out instructions for conduct, have been photographed coming in on busses owned by the Open Society Foundation. Soros is the main funder and runner of  Black Lives Matter, who have been conducting manifold hate crimes in the riots against whites. Wikileaks disclosed a Craigslist ad that proves Soros was recruiting these animals as a default in case Hillary did not get in months before the election result. And he' not only owns the Democrats, and this was already known but has been proven all over the Podesta leaks, but has pulled this same shit before in three separate countries in Europe successfully. He is an internationally wanted terrorist.

Archived