What's the Series' Best Romantic Moment?

Yukle

3 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

Sorry to be off topic, but I highly doubt Val would be Jon's queen.

She probably can get into his bed as a lover or something like that, but at some point she will be gone to make Jon available for Dany (likely).

Seeing how Jon and Val have way more foreshadowings than Jon and Dany I will continue to believe that Val will be the Queen in the end.

Just now, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Seeing how Jon and Val have way more foreshadowings than Jon and Dany I will continue to believe that Val will be the Queen in the end.

Well, she did not even make into the show. How come Jon's Queen in the end can not make it into the show?

And this is a story based on middle ages and heritage and blood make a huge deal, it seems highly unlikely that a wilding woman can become queen of Westeros.

2 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

Well, she did not even make into the show. How come Jon's Queen in the end can not make it into the show?

The series doesn't belong to the books' forum and also;

So, you may see some extremely shocking things in the show that come up in the next season or two, but I'm not sure you could consider them spoilers,’ because they’re never gonna happen in the books. They can't happen in the books, because the show and the books have gone down different roads.

~GRRM.

2 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

And this is a story based on middle ages and heritage and blood make a huge deal, it seems highly unlikely that a wilding woman can become queen of Westeros.

Who said anything about Westeros? Who said anything about Westeros?  Also if a Rhoynar was accepted as a Princess there is no reason why a Westerosi woman, who comes from the First men, will not be accepted.

5 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

The series doesn't belong to the books' forum and also;

Who said anything about Westeros? Who said anything about Westeros?  Also if a Rhoynar was accepted as a Princess there is no reason why a Westerosi woman, who comes from the First men, will not be accepted.

I am not sure who you are talking about when you said about Rhoynar princess, but if you meant Nymeria, she is already a ruling princess of her city and people before she came to Westeros. 

Val is a wilding and commoner, she is not a princess at all. It was just a sweet name to greet her beauty. Jon Snow will get somebody higher than Val, probably Dany. 

1 hour ago, Joy Hill said:

Jaime rescuing Brienne. Everything from Jaime galloping like a stupid prince charming, "What are you doing?" "Something stupid. Get behind me.", "I only rescue maidens" to "I dreamed of you.".

Jaime knocking out Red Ronnet's teeth.

This one wins. 

1 hour ago, purple-eyes said:

I am not sure who you are talking about when you said about Rhoynar princess, but if you meant Nymeria, she is already a ruling princess of her city and people before she came to Westeros. 

That doesn't mean that because she was a Princess before the Westerosi had to accept her. 

Val is a wilding and commoner, she is not a princess at all.

How do you know that? After all she was able to convince Tormund hence people respect and listen what she has to say. That is the closest thing that a Westerosi woman who wasn't born being member of the royalty, can get to Princess. Also you don't know who Val is. She most likely is a half Umber and a Jon's Intermediary to the Old Gods. What is more important? A Princess who is supported only from humans or a leader who is supported by the Gods? My guess is the second one

Jon Snow will get somebody higher than Val, probably Dany. 

That is your opinion but it still has almost no foreshadowing, unlike Val and Jon.

3 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

Val is a wilding and commoner, she is not a princess at all. It was just a sweet name to greet her beauty. Jon Snow will get somebody higher than Val, probably Dany. 

Because judging by Jon's lofty standards with his prior relationship and his tendency to grab rank and position at every chance he's offered, clearly Jon's after the highest born bride possible. :P

I just don't see Jon and Dany having enough in common to be attracted to one another beyond physically. Dany's going to see the bastard son of one of the Usurper's dogs and Jon is going to see the power hungry sister of the man who raped and murdered his aunt. And as JQC pointed out, just because the show seems to be broadcasting this, in my opinion to cater to the fans, doesn't mean the novels are going the same way at all.

2 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Jon is going to see the power hungry sister of the man who raped and murdered his aunt.

Not only that but also in Jon's eyes she most probably will be a kinslayer or the next best thing.

4 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Because judging by Jon's lofty standards with his prior relationship and his tendency to grab rank and position at every chance he's offered, clearly Jon's after the highest born bride possible. :P

Also true.

Haha. Nope. 

16 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

Elia surely loves and obeys Rhaegar. Oberyn said so too.

Everybody loves Rhaegar, right? You know, Lyanna, Cersei, JonCon, Lyanna, etc.

Rhaegar is GRRM's biggest Gary Stu. And Lyanna is his biggest Mary Sue.

Honestly, I felt GRRM did a not-so-good job on Rhaegar and Lyanna's story.

I don't understand how you could say that when we have absolutely no idea what happened at this point. We don't even know what the story is. 

2 hours ago, Joy Hill said:

Jaime rescuing Brienne. Everything from Jaime galloping like a stupid prince charming, "What are you doing?" "Something stupid. Get behind me.", "I only rescue maidens" to "I dreamed of you.".

This 100%. Jon/Val is a close second.

The line "I dreamed of you." is my favorite romantic line in the series.

3 hours ago, Joy Hill said:

I agree. This love story is one of the best, second only to Val and Jon, and is like the Westerosi Beauty and the Beast.

31 minutes ago, Maxxine said:

I don't understand how you could say that when we have absolutely no idea what happened at this point. We don't even know what the story is. 

I am not saying it is a story which we know everything. 

what I said is, imho the current story of Rhaegar and Lyanna is not that well written. 

it was written intentionally to be like this so that it can look mysterious and controversial. 

In order to keep this mysterious and controversial, many things are set in a twisted way. 

So Grrm can not write a not-so-good story? 

Ned & Cat: 

- "Ned said. He had a swatch of oiled leather in one hand. He ran it lightly up the greatsword as he spoke, polishing the metal to dark glow. "I was glad for Bran's sake. You would have been proud of Bran". "I am always proud of Bran," Catelyn replied, watching the sword as he stroked it. She could see the rippling deep within steel, where the metal had been folded back on itself a hundred times in forging. Catelyn had no love for swords, but she could not deny that Ice had its own beauty." Yeah, Cat, we know what you are thinking ;)

- Their whole talk in the bedroom. I really love how it is a battle of wills and how different they are in their pursuit of convincing each other how things should be done.

- Their thinking of each other: "He wanted to drift off to a dreamless sleep in his own bed with his arms wrapped tight around his lady, Catelyn."; "Oh Ned" - several times, ; "I have lost my Ned, the rock my life was built on.:crying: "As she slept amidst the rolling grasslands, Catelyn dreamt that Bran was whole again, that Arya and Sansa held hands, that Rickon was still a babe at her breast. Robb, crownless, played with a wooden sword, and when all were safe asleep, she found Ned in her bed, smiling."

Nedbert (this is a very tragic one): 

Would that Ned had been able to say the same. Fifteen years past, when they had ridden forth to win a throne, the Lord of Storm's End had been clean-shaven, clear-eyed, and muscled like a maiden's fantasy. Six and a half feet tall, he towered over lesser men, and when he donned his armor and the great antlered helmet of his House, he became a veritable giant. He'd had a giant's strength too, his weapon of choice a spiked iron warhammer that Ned could scarcely lift. In those days, the smell of leather and blood had clung to him like perfume.

- "This was the boy he had grown up with, he thought; this was the Robert Baratheon he'd known and loved. If he could prove that the Lannisters were behind the attack on Bran, prove that they had murdered Jon Arryn, this man would listen. Then Cersei would fall, and the Kingslayer with her, and if Lord Tywin dared to rouse the west, Robert would smash him as he had smashed Rhaegar Targaryen on the Trident." Oh, his giant knight who will slain again the "dragon" who is threatening and who hurt his family. 

- Ned loves Robert unconditionally 

(Sadly, Robert is a piece fo sh**t. My poor sweet Ned)

Jeyne & Robb: "Jaime had met Jeyne Westerling, he thought, though he could not recall what she looked like. She must be fair indeed, to have been worth a kingdom." "Jeyne was a willowy girl, no more than fifteen or sixteen, more awkward than graceful. She had narrow hips, breasts the size of apples, a mop of chestnut curls, and the soft brown eyes of a doe. Pretty enough for a child, Jaime decided, but not a girl to lose a kingdom for."

The thing about the marriage of Jeyne and Robb is that Robb decided to marry her solely to protect her honor. There is really no other reason why he would do that. She did not give him lands, she had not a lot of money, she did not give him an army, her mother comes even from a merchant family... According to Jaime, she isn't even fair enough to lose a kingdom for. But against everyone else's opinion Robb still considered her honor worthy enough to marry her and to lose his kingdom. He put a girl he just met above everything else. You might condemn for him for this idiocy but there are not many men who would do this for an 'ordinary' (noble) girl. 

Meera & Bran (okay this is sort of puppy love): 

It was hard to sulk with Meera. She was much more cheerful than her brother, and always seemed to know how to make him smile.

And you have also of course Jaime&Brienne and SanSan ("little bird"). I also like the Jon and Val ones :D 

5 hours ago, Joy Hill said:

And I giggle like a little girl every time Ramsay reminds us that Theon is his reek.

If I had to pick a sex scene, it would have to be Lord's Kiss.

I love that part!

Also the descriptives throughout their skirmish in the water before Vargo finds them. The whole scene is filled with imagery of "swords" and "red flowers blooming", and then this...

"Brienne lurched to her feet. She was all mud and blood below the waist, her clothing askew, her face red. She looks as if they caught us fucking instead of fighting."

I think the development of Jaime from Cersei lickspittle to a man of his own mind is one of the best arcs in the series. As Cersei and Jaime peel away from each other, she goes more mad but he become more rational.

6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I love that part!

Also the descriptives throughout their skirmish in the water before Vargo finds them. The whole scene is filled with imagery of "swords" and "red flowers blooming", and then this...

"Brienne lurched to her feet. She was all mud and blood below the waist, her clothing askew, her face red. She looks as if they caught us fucking instead of fighting."

I think the development of Jaime from Cersei lickspittle to a man of his own mind is one of the best arcs in the series. As Cersei and Jaime peel away from each other, she goes more mad but he become more rational.

A Storm of Swords - Daenerys VI

madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, he said, the gods toss the coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land."

6 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

Exactly:cheers:.

Like Janus= war and peace, past and future. It's hard for me to pinpoint what I am most eager to read about next in TWOW, but Jaime/Brienne is in my top three (I think Bran is my 1).

11 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Exactly:cheers:.

Like Janus= war and peace, past and future. It's hard for me to pinpoint what I am most eager to read about next in TWOW, but Jaime/Brienne is in my top three (I think Bran is my 1).

The symbolism for the twins being Aerys's is so strong, I'm sorry I just don't trust Yandel!

One of the most touching moments for me in the Brienne-Jaime relationship is this quiet one Jaime shares with himself, his White Book, and his lingering thoughts of Brienne.  It's the childlike honesty I find most moving.  She's given him back his honesty, his honor and above all his hope:

A Storm of Swords - Jaime IX

Jaime sat alone at the table while the shadows crept across the room. As dusk began to settle, he lit a candle and opened the White Book to his own page. Quill and ink he found in a drawer. Beneath the last line Ser Barristan had entered, he wrote in an awkward hand that might have done credit to a six-year-old being taught his first letters by a maester:

Defeated in the Whispering Wood by the Young Wolf Robb Stark during the War of the Five Kings. Held captive at Riverrun and ransomed for a promise unfulfilled. Captured again by the Brave Companions, and maimed at the word of Vargo Hoat their captain, losing his sword hand to the blade of Zollo the Fat. Returned safely to King's Landing by Brienne, the Maid of Tarth.

When he was done, more than three-quarters of his page still remained to be filled between the gold lion on the crimson shield on top and the blank white shield at the bottom. Ser Gerold Hightower had begun his history, and Ser Barristan Selmy had continued it, but the rest Jaime Lannister would need to write for himself. He could write whatever he chose, henceforth.

Whatever he chose...

There's tremendous recognition in that one simple line, 'Returned safely to King's Landing by Brienne, the Maid of Tarth.'  It's also a romantic gesture of sorts towards Brienne, because her greatest wish is to be taken seriously and be acknowledged for her finer qualities as a knight.  By entering her name in his hand into the White Book -- in the very first entry of his chronicling duties and as an important part of his own life story --he's given her that admiration and respect.  It's like a love song between knights!  It would be fitting for Brienne to complete his page for him, once he's dead.

Lyanna's death seems to be very tragically beautiful and romantic and touching.

Surrounded by roses, a lot of rose petals flowing from her hands, and a lot of rose petals flying in the bloody sky, blablabla, Mary Sue Lyanna died like a blue rose herself.......her weak voice (probably murmuring Rhaegar's name when she died, or something like: oh, my silver prince), even her fever seems to be romantic as well.

Wait? she just gave birth to a baby (and not by c-section)?

Archived