Acrophilia 15 (Back to the Vintage Version) - AND THE WINNER IS ...

Julia H.

Congratulations @She Who Must Be Obeyed you were just too good to be overcome.

Congrats to @Castellan too. I thought for sure I would move up in the standings with my bonus and all. You put forth an equally superb effort with far fewer questions. Maybe middle of the pack is the best I can hope for in this game. Too many awesome players.

I am curious, I thought my clue would be relatively easy to get, but the results would make me think otherwise. What were the guesses for the Rhaegar clue #4?

54 minutes ago, Raisin' Bran said:

I am curious, I thought my clue would be relatively easy to get, but the results would make me think otherwise. What were the guesses for the Rhaegar clue #4?

I thought it was relatively easy but I did feel there was too much subjectivity in its content (IMHO). I admit, I ranted to our lovely host about it even though I was sure I got it right (I do rant about most clues tbf) :lol:

I was very surprised it was that one that caused most problems for people though.

I was blinded for ages by thinking The Stone Men was the answer to Clue 10 :rofl: and as such the group answer. It wasn't until I stumbled on the theme that I realised that wasn't right haha. I should mention here that I consider Clue 10 one of the best of the round.

I was very proud of my own clue but perhaps it was a little on the easy side. Thank you to whomever voted for it :D

I guessed Ned Stark and Quentyn Martell and considered Robert Baratheon and Stannis. I was looking at people who could be considered "stupid", like Ned being so naïve, Robert having no clue about the children, Quentyn walking in on the dragons and Stannis under the spell of Mel.  I never considered Rhaegar being stupid.

7 hours ago, She Who Must Be Obeyed said:

Wow! Thank you everyone, I honestly don't know how I managed to squeak past all of you outstanding players!

Thank you, Julia, for hosting this wonderfully mind-warping game.

I never expect to do well, but am so happy when I do ;)

:cheers: for the win...but on the humility...i call  :bs:

3 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

<snip>

What were the guesses for the Rhaegar clue #4?

i started out thinking it was joffrey...cause the only definition i found for emo was punk rock related...so i went with punk...then when i discover this was wrong i went for oberyn...and ended up with robert baratheon, because he stupidly drank and hunted...it was my favorite

:smoking:

I liked the Rhaegar clue because it sums up what many of us probably think about him - I got him straight away. I think the key word 'lost' makes it certain it was him and not Jon. Of others royal losers Aerys and Robert are certainly not emos! Viserys didn't really 'lose' he got himself killed with no battle. I saw the stupid part as a typical castigation of someone for an action. e.g. Stupid bastard lost the keys!

I was in the strange position that I got 7 out of ten correct on prelim but no theme, and then could make no progress. It was like a wave had thrown me three quarters of the way up a beach but I had to crawl in tiny increments the rest of the way, blundering around in circles.

The clue about the central theme of the book got me there but not immediately. I kept thinking that the central them would be ice and fire but I was troubled that the Undying Ones used a different phrase, so I went chasing other possibilities because you never know how other people might see the central theme....

Archived