Acrophilia 15 (Back to the Vintage Version) - AND THE WINNER IS ...

Julia H.

ROUND 4 CLUES

1.  Ordinarily not dumb - honor, unfortunately, made deadly ending.

2. Otherworldly named dummy humps underwhelming monarch dame. Evidently.

3. With knife irritating pharynx, invigorated.

4. On nuptial dalliance, hers undermined - "moppets damned evermore!"

5. Wife. Killer infant prevails, infamously.

6.  Oblivious narcissistic daughter hastens unwittingly mystic's dire extrapolations.

7. Obliging nymph declares honor under "mother's" duplicitous exprobation.

8. Oh!? Notably "dangerous" ? ...him...? Unbelievable! Mouths ditties everlasting.

9. Women’s kingly “instructor”. Poetic imprisonment.

10. "Wench kept innumerable partners inspired."

Theme: ???

The deadline for solving the clues and the theme: 10. a.m. (Central European Time)  on Sunday 15th January. 

The characters for the last round will be sent out soon. Since it is the last round, I'm giving you four acronyms to choose from, which are:

R  E  T  W  A  C  B

A  E  S  E  C  A  H

T  P  Q  N

S  R  E  L

The deadline for making the clues:  10. a.m. (Central European Time)  on Sunday 15th January. 

On 1/8/2017 at 5:12 PM, She Who Must Be Obeyed said:

Shocked, I am shocked, I say to discover I am still in the lead! :shocked:

I was sure I had blown it this round.

Now I am sure! :commie:

Thank You, most wonderful host! :D

you are always sure...your competitive nature is telling my darling niece...:o

:smoking:

And here I was thinking that I had to post the results of the round next - when we haven't even had a favourite clue vote! So here are the answers finally, so you can vote for your favourite clue:

ROUND 4 ANSWERS

Theme: Subjects of unproven sexual gossip or accusation 

1.  Ordinarily not dumb - honor, unfortunately, made deadly ending. Ned Stark

(rumours concerning Jon Snow's mother - Ashara Dayne, Wylla etc.)

2. Otherworldly named dummy humps underwhelming monarch dame. Evidently.  Moon Boy

(Tyrion's insinuation regarding Cersei and Moon Boy becomes an issue for Jaime)

3. With knife irritating pharynx, invigorated.  Catelyn Stark

(Littlefinger keeps boasting about having taken her maidenhead  - but it's not true)

4. On nuptial dalliance, hers undermined - "moppets damned evermore!"  Selyse Baratheon

(rumours concerning Patchface) 

5. Wife. Killer infant prevails, infamously.  Joanna Lannister

(unproven rumours concerning King Aerys)

6.  Oblivious narcissistic daughter hastens unwittingly mystic's dire extrapolations.  Cersei Lannister

(while the main rumours about her are well founded, the Moon Boy joke is probably untrue)

7. Obliging nymph declares honor under "mother's" duplicitous exprobation. Margaery Tyrell

(accused of having had sex with a number of men - at least some of the accusations must be lies)

8. Oh!? Notably "dangerous" ? ...him...? Unbelievable! Mouths ditties everlasting. Patchface

(rumours concerning Cersei)

9. Women’s kingly “instructor”. Poetic imprisonment.  Jalabhar Xho

(one of the men imprisoned as Margaery's alleged lovers - the accusation is based on the confessions of the tortured Blue Bard - hence poetic - and kingly instructor because he was teaching Margaery and her maids the Summer Tongue)

10. "Wench kept innumerable partners inspired."  Ashara Dayne

(rumours about Ned and maybe others - the clue refers to her dancing with various partners in Harrenhal according to Howland Reed's account of the event, told to Bran by Meera Reed)

Please, note that clues #9 and #10 are not eligible for votes. 

Vote for your favourite clue until 8 p.m. (Central European Time) on Wednesday, 18th January.

ROUND 4  AUTHORS AND RESULTS

1.  Ordinarily not dumb - honor, unfortunately, made deadly ending.  Fragile Bird

2. Otherworldly named dummy humps underwhelming monarch dame. Evidently.  Ser Not Appearing

3. With knife irritating pharynx, invigorated.          Raisin' Bran

4. On nuptial dalliance, hers undermined - "moppets damned evermore!"  Dolorous  Gabe

5. Wife. Killer infant prevails, infamously.                     rocksniffer

6.  Oblivious narcissistic daughter hastens unwittingly mystic's dire extrapolations.   Castellan 

7. Obliging nymph declares honor under "mother's" duplicitous exprobation.    Lady Blizzardborn

8. Oh!? Notably "dangerous" ? ...him...? Unbelievable! Mouths ditties everlasting.   SWMBO

9. Women’s kingly “instructor”. Poetic imprisonment.  Julia H.

10. “Wench kept innumerable partners inspired.”       Julia H.

NAME/SCORE

Guessing points (3/clue)

Theme (max 4)

Bonus points

Author points

Favourite clue

SPENT (Minus)

TOTAL

rocksniffer

-

Lady Blizzardborn

-

-

Gabe

-

-

-

SWMBO

Ser Not Appearing

-

-

-

-

Raisin’ Bran

-

Fragile Bird

-

Castellan

-

-

-

Italicized names indicate that the players have voted for their favourite clues and thus are eligible for favourite clue points themselves. 

STANDINGS

1. SWMBO                  110+38=148

2. Fragile Bird             105+35=140

3. Castellan                103+9=112

4. Raisin' Bran            79+31=110

5. rocksniffer                86+23=109

6. Lady Blizzardborn    89+13=102

7. Ser Not Appearing   83+5=88

8. Dolorous Gabe        60+18=78

Our valiant players have faced yet another challenge, which this time included a dangerous net of gossip, slander and false accusation. Congratulations to She Who Must Be Obeyed, who has emerged victorious once again, by being the first to solve all the clues and the theme. Further congratulations to Fragile Bird and rocksniffer, who also managed to find all the characters from Ashara Dayne to Jalabhar Xho, and solved the theme as well, and to Raisin' Bran, who finished the round with the third highest score (missing only one character) and climbed to fourth place, being now only two points  behind Castellan.

The last round will begin soon. (Don't go away.)  :grouphug:

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Hi all, sorry I missed last round. Just super busy as an accountant at year end.... Will try to get answers in this round.

Thank you, Ser, for sending the new clue in time despite your busy schedule. I hope to see you back in the game this round. 

BTW, I still haven't received all the clues, and that's why I haven't started the new round yet... I think I'll have to make some more clues myself now.

3 hours ago, Julia H. said:

Thank you, Ser, for sending the new clue in time despite your busy schedule. I hope to see you back in the game this round. 

BTW, I still haven't received all the clues, and that's why I haven't started the new round yet... I think I'll have to make some more clues myself now.

I just decided to drop out of dropping out and have sent a clue. Hope you get it.

ROUND 5

I'm sorry about the delay, but finally here are the entries for the last round:

1. Relishes entangling things. Woman: A channel blowable.

2. Remembers entryway to where? (A citrus brainteaser.)

3. Reinterprets executions. The World’s assiduous chronicler. Biased.

4. Stupid royal emo lost.

5. Regularly envisions tragedy - water...attacks...cave...beheading.

6. Sentinel riser espies lions.

7. Advocating education, sends exaggerated coward always High-er.

8. She's revived egregious liquidation.

9. Reportedly eternal. Truly? Wyvern attack consumes bodies.

10. Awkward event - sinister emissions creating achromatic handiwork.

Theme: ???

Regarding the entries: In this round you may have to identify a character who is not mentioned in the main series. The answer to another one of the clues is not one person but a group. 

Regarding the theme: With the theme, the wiki may not be of much help this time, however, A Search of Ice and Fire can be very useful. Perhaps the best way is to start by doing some rereading (in the actual text) about some of the characters to see whether anything interesting stands out.

Good luck! 

2 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

What's the deadline, Julia?

I was in a hurry when I posted this morning, and I didn't have time to think about the deadline. So here it is now:

Your deadline for solving the character clues and guessing the theme is 6. am. (Central European Time), Monday, 30th January. 

Archived