Footy: Yaya Ascendant

MercenaryChef

Tough draw for Liverpool.  Very, very defensive by Southampton at home, but a sluggish Liverpool could have taken their chances. Just like against Utd, our first game after internationals was against a team parking the bus and our attack was disrupted by injury, and the players looked a bit flat.  Sturridge and Origi could have come on earlier.  

29 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Why can't Antonio stop scoring headed goals?

It's clearly some kind of undiagnosed chronic disorder. 

Pretty loose and open in the middle of the park.

1 hour ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Tough draw for Liverpool.  Very, very defensive by Southampton at home, but a sluggish Liverpool could have taken their chances. 

Only caught a bit of EPL today but when I turned on Liverpool I caught Firmino with a shocking miss on a pass inside from Countinho, alone in front of the keeper. Should have made that one.

Spurs/West Ham has really livened up in this 2nd half. Hope the Hammers can hang on for the win or a point at least.

From the previous thread:

@Mexal said:

The thing I'll say about United though is while they had the better opportunities, I never felt them insanely dangerous. There were two - three chances, sure, but nothing that I would consider world domination. Feel like Arsenal played like shit more than United played great. We certainly stole a point but if I was United, not sure how encouraged I'd truly be.

Yeah, we didn't play Arsenal off the park or anything but we did control most of the game which is what I meant by encouraging performance. Also defensively we did better than I thought we would. Arsenal were pretty poor though. I guess when you've struggled for three and a bit seasons like we have, you take whatever little positives you can.

Looking forward to the Madrid derby later on. With Barca failing to pick up three points against Malaga, despite the latter having two players sent off (although the 2nd sending off was in the 97th minute), this is a great opportunity for Real to open up a four point lead. Atleti are in desperate need for three points as well.

It's been much discussed but the impact of the international interruption is just significant.

If you look at Barca, they had Neymar, Suarez and Messi in action in two games for their country and they just didn't have any of the spark you'd normally expect them to have after some rest. Liverpool the same, and much the same elsewhere you look. Nothing will be done about it seems but I would support Isk's suggestion of a separate qualifying tournament over this.

Middlesbrough could take some points off Chelsea, after international break it's always tricky and they ain't gonna play that well against everyone. Game at Southampon could be example how it is when international break dos to the in form teams. Especially at home they could do it. Some tough resilience on that Middlesbrough team judgine by their last results.

1 hour ago, MercurialCannibal said:

His 'wages'. Yeah, whatever. Some cunt was still smarting over Crystanbul.

23 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Yeah, we didn't play Arsenal off the park or anything but we did control most of the game which is what I meant by encouraging performance. Also defensively we did better than I thought we would. Arsenal were pretty poor though. I guess when you've struggled for three and a bit seasons like we have, you take whatever little positives you can.

Also encouraging was that Jose didn't have United park the bus after the goal. As injury hit as United were they continued to be the boss for most of the game, and did so with such comfort that Arsenal couldn't even fashion a shot on target until the equalizer.

Archived