Footy: Yaya Ascendant

MercenaryChef

Let's face it. Aguero is a dirty player, he showed it couple of times but finally ref noticed.

Man City were better team overall as in terms of playing and having possession but do they deserved to win, No. You have to take your chances and Chelsea were ruthless on counter attack. Costa bullied them and Hazard finished it. On top of it Man City with Aguero and Fernandinho at least 3 games suspensions. Also crowd was involved.

4 game ban for Aguero ... 3 games for this and previous ban.

3 game ban for Fernandinho ... improper conduct

1 game ban for Otamendi ... 5 yellow cards

On top of that they lost, Guardiola for his sarcastic gesture should be find too, if Mourinho did that he'll get sent to the stands.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

Fabregas just calmly walking backwards until Fernandinho shoved him over the hoarding cracked me up. He knew exactly what he was doing there.

Fernandinho didn't even shove him over. In video, amazing.

Can you get a yellow card for diving while the ball is not in play? :P

Just now, Soylent Brown said:

Four (three plus one) games doesn't seem anywhere near enough for a foul like that. For me this kind of thing is far worse than biting or slapping or scuffling. Luiz could have had his season ended there, and through a deliberate action. Aguero should get a ten game ban.

He won't of course, as the media don't mind him so the FA won't be put under any major pressure as they would if it had been Costa.

Agree on this...especially if FA likes to look at past of the players like with Suarez or Costa. Aguero has some nasty streak but most of the time he avoided that. If Costa did this or Suarez, they would be getting headlines at Skysports and other outlets crimes, evil and nasty.

Biting is a stupid act but is not a career or season ending injury.

3 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

oh, certainly. he is gone before Christmas.

as fluid and slick in possession as the gunners have been west ham has just looked horrid.

Payet will be looking for a move in January I am sure.

Wonder, who will be after Payet. Not exactly cheap player and other teams got wing positions covered.

As soon as the second goal went in, West Ham just fell apart. The players looked like they couldn't be arsed, started arguing with each other and Arsenal looked like they could score at will without even trying that hard. Defensively, West Ham look clueless and I'm not so sure that Bilic can sort that out. He reminds me a bit of Martinez - a manager who inherited a well organized side and managed to kick on with them in his first season with a more attacking brand of football but was incapable of stopping the rot as soon as that defensive organisation started to erode. Another drubbing is on the cards next week at Anfield.

5 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

PSG will be interested, no doubt. In England Spurs could use him but they'd have to convince him they can make the CL again.

I was thinking in terms of PL. PSG is an interesting choice, although Payet said he prefers PL. Spurs with Levy? Just can't se them spending so much money on 29 years old player but yeah they could use a quality winger. But they have a very interesting player on their hands... that N'Koudou guy looks decent but more of a promise for the future..

I have to say, out of that West Ham side, I feel bad for Lanzini. He's quality, and he's the one who always seems to be up for it, but he's not the sort to drag a team through by himself. West Ham play him more attacking but he reminds me of a Modric or someone. He deserves to be somewhere better than West Ham are right now.

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Four (three plus one) games doesn't seem anywhere near enough for a foul like that. For me this kind of thing is far worse than biting or slapping or scuffling. Luiz could have had his season ended there, and through a deliberate action. Aguero should get a ten game ban.

I said the same thing last season after Funes Mori's season-ending, deliberate ankle cruncher on Origi, especially since it was clearly just lashing out after being outplayed all game and then he celebrated his red card with his fans as walked off. 

5 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

Pretty clever from Chelsea to antagonise City to just below the point where they'd be punished, encouraging City to cross the line in retribution. Very poor from Anthony Taylor not to notice what they were up to.

To be fair to Taylor even the commentators didn't pick it all up, even with the replays.

They completely missed that Fabregas had slapped Fernandinho for one example. Before the slap Fernandinho had been more or less innocently separating players involved in the fracas.

Archived