Footy: Yaya Ascendant

MercenaryChef

5 hours ago, polishgenius said:

This is, to be fair, Costa's stock in trade but you really can't be blaming Chelsea for City's shit at the end, especially since I don't think City were notably less dirty than Chelsea throughout the game, just maybe less good at it.

Fabregas just calmly walking backwards until Fernandinho shoved him over the hoarding cracked me up. He knew exactly what he was doing there.

I don't blame Chelsea for City losing their cool - they really should have known better - other than Fabregas' slap.

27 minutes ago, Davrum said:

To be fair to Taylor even the commentators didn't pick it all up, even with the replays.

They completely missed that Fabregas had slapped Fernandinho for one example. Before the slap Fernandinho had been more or less innocently separating players involved in the fracas.

I was more thinking of Luiz' little push on Aguero for what Taylor missed. Those little incidents where Chelsea pushed the boundaries of what is a foul increased City's frustration (especially as that was a clear opportunity) leading to Aguero lashing out. I don't think it is a coincidence who he hacked down.

Very unimpressed by Bilic today. Arsenal could easily have scored three or four more if they made their dominance count in the first half. Collins having to come off early made the right back area a mess. I've no idea whether it was meant to be Fernandes wingback in a 3421 with Arbeloa as right centre back,  or Arbeloa RB in a back three. And though they had to chase the game - having Payet, Lanzini, Ayew, Carroll and Fletcher all in the forward line towards the end left the defence so exposed, causing Arsenal's late goals. You are not going to score any either with just Obiang in central midfield. 

5 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Four (three plus one) games doesn't seem anywhere near enough for a foul like that. For me this kind of thing is far worse than biting or slapping or scuffling. Luiz could have had his season ended there, and through a deliberate action. Aguero should get a ten game ban.

He won't of course, as the media don't mind him so the FA won't be put under any major pressure as they would if it had been Costa.

It's physically worse but I feel like you should have to pay a "weirdo premium" for biting people. Like, what the fuck?

2 hours ago, Davrum said:

To be fair to Taylor even the commentators didn't pick it all up, even with the replays.

They completely missed that Fabregas had slapped Fernandinho for one example. Before the slap Fernandinho had been more or less innocently separating players involved in the fracas.

Untrue. He had Fabregas by the neck before the slap.

3 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

From the evidence available, Aguero has a historical issue with Luiz . Luiz's actions today, and the referee's decisions, don't seem to have had a huge effect. Aguero is just a cunt

in kun's defense, don't we all have a historical issue with david luiz?

35 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

in kun's defense, don't we all have a historical issue with david luiz?

Unless he's going off to see the sights  or something while he's supposed to be manning your defense..I don't think so.

He seems like a pretty chill guy.

West Ham's decline this year is a big surprise.  I didn't expect them to repeat last year but this level of collapse, especially their defense, is a shock.  They were very unlucky with injuries at FB but haven't yet adapted at all to that situation. 

Nice to see post-Pulis Stoke recover their form and league position.  They're playing some decent football again. 

To be fair to Aguero, Luiz is a sneaky dirty little bastard. I'm just not sure that trying to end his career is a proportionate response.

5 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Nice to see post-Pulis Stoke recover their form and league position.  They're playing some decent football again. 

What about during-Pulis West Brom? They'll be minimum seventh at the end of the weekend, and they're playing pretty exciting football with loads of goals (at both ends). They were pretty lucky with the score yesterday, Watford dominated for most of the game, but they played extremely well on the counter. And now Chadli's back they should do even better.

I know people (myself included) tend to overreact on such fouls in football, but I fail to see how one could overreact to Aguero's actions of yesterday. His behavior can not and should not be excused by "the heat of the moment" and definitely not as "a part of the game". Deliberately trying to seriously injure an opponent should be unacceptable.

Honestly, if Aguero was brought up on assault charges I wouldn't mind one bit.

The guy is getting away with a slap on the wrist with 4 matches.

Keystone Cops defending and goal-keeping today.  We scored three away despite missing Coutinho, Sturridge and Lallana, thanks in part to Mane recovering from his recent dip in form.  We just threw away points today. 

Well done to Bournemouth, who really came out to play in the second half. 

Archived