Footy: Yaya Ascendant

MercenaryChef

Nah, I don't see it. Mourinho didn't start getting the treatment until Chelsea were really absolutely shocking, he was a media darling for ages. And even now he's getting a lot less stick than he probably could be. I mean, he's not actually doing any better than LVG or Moyes but he's not under half the pressure. City are still in the top four, and Pep is absolutely getting hooned on for the problems at the back.

3 wins out of 14 games. Pep is getting some sort of criticism now becaue it reached the point where even media, pundits has to says something but before that only with Bravo due to Hart being English player otherwise there wouldn't be a word about this? Mou is 7 out of 14 and how media were onto him.

In many quarters of the media Guardiola got absolutely slammed for dropping Hart. As for getting less criticism than Mourinho, that might be because he's 9 points ahead of Mourinho's team in the league, with four more wins, and is enduring a poor run that extends only to one part of one season with one team, whereas Mourinho is now struggling for the second season in a row with a different team. Guardiola certainly is getting some criticism now for not having his defensive formation sorted out.

Pretty critical game this afternoon for United, and I suppose for Spurs as well.

Crucial to beat Spurs here really, if there is any intention of finishing top 4, or dare one even think it, contend in some way for the title. If Spurs win this the gap is enormous and there is a clear top 5. United should take this or it is over.

Unfortunate for Liverpool that Coutinho is out so long, that is really going to keep costing them points I fear. To me he's been their no.1 for years and I already rated him at almost the same level of importance when Suarez was still there ( and Sturridge played football). Still his loss could be mostly compensated for if someone else steps up, maybe Firmino or Mane, or maybe Origi. It will cost them though, and if Chelsea keeps going like this...

Anything less than a win for us against Spurs and our chances for a top 4 finish are virtually over. The only reason we even still have a chance is thanks to City's defensive vulnerabilities resulting in them dropping a fair amount of points over the last month and a half in addition to Spurs' drop in form since beating City and even then we have failed to take advantage of that, dropping 6-10 points ourselves.

I'm not particularly confident, tbh. While we've picked up results in cup competitions our league campaign has verged on the disastrous thus far. Spurs, along with Chelsea since the formation change, are the best defensive unit in the league and I think we will struggle to break them down. A draw seems the most likely result followed by a narrow Spurs win.

On 12/4/2016 at 8:28 PM, Soylent Brown said:

Matip was a miss today, but more than anything Liverpool need a decent striker.

Origi scored a nice goal, but really anyone half decent should be scoring that, and he showed himself to be a one-footed wonder earlier by missing an absolute sitter. He's young so he may improve yet but as it stands he's about at Shane Long level. (ie. shit)

Everyone looked sluggish today. Even before half time, you could see that our dudes weren't running around quite as lively as normal.

So after an away game in which we scored three (3) goals, and in a season where we're the league leading goal scorers, you think a proper striker is the biggest miss in the squad? Wow. Origi should have put away that first chance, but the goal he scored was far from easy. He also has three goals in the last three games. What would he have to do to satisfy your criteria? Hat trick in every game?

I agree that everyone looked sluggish, and we were unusually effective today / Boruc was a joke. 3 goals from 3 shots on goal. Bournemouth had 8 shots on goal, and were deserved winners.

On 12/4/2016 at 10:46 PM, Horse of Kent said:

One poor game and Karius is hung out to dry by too many Liverpool fans. Maybe his confidence wouldn't have drifted away quite as quickly if he hadn't been criticised so much for not settling into the physicality required in the box instantaneously.

It's not one poor game, mate. He has yet to put in a stellar performance. We've played so well in several games this season that he sometimes will not even face a shot in 90 min. He's better than Mignolet with his feet, if only marginally, but apart from that, they seem to have the same weaknesses: clueless/petrified on crosses, they are terrible at not giving rebounds and they both seem prone to blunders. As Lord Friendzone said, 2nd and 4th goals were eminently preventable. Maybe he'll do a De Gea and suddenly become the best keeper in the world, but from what I remember, De Gea's biggest problems were howlers, which he's managed to weed out from his game. With Karius it seems to be a wider array of problems. Not convinced.

And as much as I love Klopp, surely there's a pretty strong case for pardoning Sakho now? I don't think it's gonna happen, but it's the one thing Klopp has done since he took over that I really disagree with. Obviously I don't know all the details, but the rumours just sound so innocuous. Being late for a couple of trainings and saying some dumb shit on Snapchat? I get that he needed to be disciplined, but just banned forever? Seems incredibly harsh and unforgiving, which isn't my general perception of Klopp.

Well, that was an old post. 

Anyway, for more up-to-date stuff: Guardiola is getting a ridiculous amount of criticism. I haven't seen Conte get much, not that there's been much to criticise since the first few games, and Klopp seems to be pretty loved by the media as well.

I wish McAuley had just booted that ball over the sidelines. Trying to ride off a Costa challenge is foolhardy at best. 

Speaking of Costa, it's remarkable how much less of a cunt he is under Conte.

Here's to Spurs and Utd playing out a draw.

2 hours ago, Mmerek Hamšzulíe said:

And as much as I love Klopp, surely there's a pretty strong case for pardoning Sakho now? I don't think it's gonna happen, but it's the one thing Klopp has done since he took over that I really disagree with. Obviously I don't know all the details, but the rumours just sound so innocuous. Being late for a couple of trainings and saying some dumb shit on Snapchat? I get that he needed to be disciplined, but just banned forever? Seems incredibly harsh and unforgiving, which isn't my general perception of Klopp.

There is no info that Sakho has changed his ways and therefor he doesn't deserve to be pardoned. Defensive blunders against Bournemouth have nothing to do with his case.

Being late for training, saying dumb shit on Snapchat, doing dumb shit on team's US tour (I remember him interrupting Klopp's interview) and who knows what else he's done we know nothing about. His actions don't paint a picture of a dedicated professional and I wouldn't want to see him in the team, no matter how good he might be. Just for the record, I don't think he's that good in the first place, despite having some great games in Liverpool's shirt.

Anybody is going to defend Karius? Klopp's favourite, might have potential but so far not so impressive. Mignolet might be gettign some chance.

Btw to Man Utd fans hee. Like I said, Man Utd will fight for top 4 and might even title, if Chelsea gets points deduction and others trailing in their performances. Only Arsenal seems to be consistent.

Finally got the result that our performance deserved although it was quite nerve wracking towards the end given recent results. Even though Spurs dominated possession, we created the better chances. I hope Mkhitaryan is not seriously injured. As soon as he started playing regularly we have looked much sharper going forward. 

8 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

And me selling Antonio because he was injured last week. 

I have him on my bench. Fully intended to sub him in but I fucking forgot.

7 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Finally got the result that our performance deserved although it was quite nerve wracking towards the end given recent results. Even though Spurs dominated possession, we created the better chances. I hope Mkhitaryan is not seriously injured. As soon as he started playing regularly we have looked much sharper going forward. 

I can't say we played well but we did enough, in some ways the opposite to recent games in that we created plenty of chances and were incisive despite not having that much play.

Hopefully Mikhi's injury is just a knock.

Archived