Footy: Yaya Ascendant

MercenaryChef

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

No way its 2nd best, Rocky and Creed and genuinely good films that are clearly the top 2. You could make an argument for 3rd best but I'd probably go Rocky Balboa.

That's fair. 

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. 1, 2, 4, 6, 7 (Creed), are all movies I enjoy watching.

So today saw Jamie Vardy sent off. Marcos Rojo should thank just about everyone that he hasn't met that ref - if he did, he'd have been sent off in any of his last two games.

Of course, he should have been. That he wasn't, and is playing today, is a refereeing tragedy. Fuck Rojo. 

Efficient. We were the better side once again and are now getting the results our performances deserve. Hard fought win and WBA certainly fought for every inch but we defended well especially from set plays and DDG didn't have a save to make. Lingard had a good game - his movement in particular was very good although he should have done better with that great chance just before halftime.

The team cohesion is looking good now and I don't think it is a huge surprise that things have improved since switching to a 4-3-3 (although the pre match team sheet shows Pogba at #10, he isn't actually playing in that position). Pogba has certainly benefited from having Carrick and Herrera alongside him in midfield, allowing him to play in his preferred position with less defensive responsibility.

8 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Efficient. We were the better side once again and are now getting the results our performances deserve. Hard fought win and WBA certainly fought for every inch but we defended well especially from set plays and DDG didn't have a save to make. Lingard had a good game - his movement in particular was very good although he should have done better with that great chance just before halftime.

The team cohesion is looking good now and I don't think it is a huge surprise that things have improved since switching to a 4-3-3 (although the pre match team sheet shows Pogba at #10, he isn't actually playing in that position). Pogba has certainly benefited from having Carrick and Herrera alongside him in midfield, allowing him to play in his preferred position with less defensive responsibility.

Couple of good results and you're in the mix for top 4 and if things go right way even for the title. Costa is out with cards, Kante and Bournemouth is a dangerous side. Derby with Tottenham and others tough games for example like at Leicester. There's a chance for you, so you have to play like this and you'll have a chance.

Just now, Mark Antony said:

SIlva was offside fucking with Cech on that 2nd goal as well. 

Yup. Thought that was a huge area of focus this year. Obviously not.

Doesn't matter. It was a deserved goal. Arsenal has been horrendous in 2nd half.

Arsenal were so poor in that 2nd half. City stepped up the attacking side of their game but were hardly stellar and still look to be quite vulnerable defensively. For Arsenal it was just a string of sloppiness. A bad week for them and this performance was especially disappointing given the number of players City were missing. 

3 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

You can be title contender because everybody will lose points and you're on the good streak.

3 wins in a row is certainly a good streak. 11 wins in a row is a bit better, though.

Quite a few of our players have improved. Mkhitaryan has been very good and our attacking play looks so much more incisive when he is playing. Zlatan's all round game has improved - he isn't dropping as deep anymore, the creative side of his game and hold up play is better now and his conversion rate has improved as well. The determination and work ethic he's shown has proven that he did not come to United just for one final big payday. My only concern is burnout. While Zlatan is incredibly fit, he is no spring chicken anymore. Had we not dropped so many points, I think Mourinho would have rotated him and Rashford a bit more.

The player who has improved massively and is now consistently having a major impact on games is Pogba. Mourinho has finally gotten the balance of the midfield right in order to get the best out of Pogba. Carrick and Herrera have been superb as well. The biggest surprise of all has been Jones and Rojo. Two players who started the season with huge question marks hanging over their heads but have now established themselves as 1st choice CBs. Our need to bring in a CB in January is nowhere near as great as it was a month ago. We are no longer bent over a barrel when the transfer window opens as we've gone from 'desperately needing to sign a CB' to 'lets wait and see'. The only weak link is Darmian at LB.

Archived