HBO's Westworld(v4)- What door? [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

2.  What Maeve says to Sylvester (and I listened over and over) is "even at a 14 you were never a match for me". That's open to interpretation either way, did she mean herself as a 14 or did she mean Sylvester was a 14. I need to go back to see what others said about her level earlier.

If I remember correctly, she was a 14 originally before being upgraded.

Also, there's no way Sylvester got a 14 for intelligence.

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I watched the last episode a silly number of times because I was working on my laptop in front of the tv and either played it on the pvr or it was on HBO as a replay.  A couple of things:

1.  I don't think that is Bernard conducting the dancers, the guy has a beard but I think he's white.  I thought the black lady instructing the dancers looked familiar too, but I didn't compare her to Bernard's wife:

2.  What Maeve says to Sylvester (and I listened over and over) is "even at a 14 you were never a match for me". That's open to interpretation either way, did she mean herself as a 14 or did she mean Sylvester was a 14. I need to go back to see what others said about her level earlier.

3.  In any event, the repair equipment Felix used on Sylvester sealed his neck as if he was melting a plastic-like material.  And why did Felix only seal half the wound?

4.  Maeve tells Felix they need to go and put together that army. Where did they go between Sylvester being repaired and Maeve waking up in her bed?

5.  There have been numerous occasions where characters talk about not having time to do something. We do seem to be rushing forward towards an event which I assume will occur next week or the week after. I wonder if they will use the GoT model of the peak events occurring in the second last episode? Those time comments include the MiB telling William he hopes he hasn't wasted his time, Maeve saying that there are things she was designed to do that are dormant within her, but she doesn't have the time for that, Angela telling William 'it takes time' (remembering, I think) but they don't have the time to wait, and several others that have now slipped my mind.  In fact I do believe almost every character says something about not having time, like it's a virus going round. It does seem to be a theme, though.

3) I wondered about that too. I guess it's just some future tech (this kind of stuff seems totally normal in the context of this future, IMO). I thought it weird he only half closed it too. Then I wondered if it was just a trickle of blood making it look like it wasn't fully closed. It's not like the blood he lost was wiped off, but I would need to look again to check how it looks.

4) maybe tampering with other hosts? In particular I'm thinking Hector, as he seems unphased by her issuing commands. We should find out next episode I think, I can't see them just abandoning this army idea

I think MiB is dying, maybe has cancer or something, and he's on one last hurrah in the park looking for Arnold's last Easter Egg. MiB has built it up to be something truly meaningful. Not sure it will turn out to be, but MiB clearly believes it is something that transcends. 

I like the theory that Logan dies in some incident. I don't think Delores kills him because MiB believes that threat of death is the one thing the park is missing. Assuming William is MiB then MiB wouldn't hold that opinion if he knows Delores has killed in the past. 

Also, I see a lot of focus on the MiB tape of Delores, but I haven't seen any focus on how "evil" the whole set up of the park is. Think about the Delores loop in the beginning of the season. Basically day of her life ends with her father being killed and then she gets killed and/or raped by the host that kills her father. Her loop is basically the worst day of her life. Over and over again. 

10 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I'd suspect that it's his version of doing similar things over and over again to the same results for so long that drives him over the edge.  He likely spends a great deal of time trying to get Dolores out of her loop and back to being more human...when that doesn't work he then has the incident with Maeve...

Maybe.

This would make an awesome montage in the last episode that links William to MiB. A bunch of scenes of him with Delores and killing Teddy over and over, etc. 

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Something I've meant to mention before - whenever someone goes into that room full of decommissioned robots, I think of pictures I've seen of the vast room of terra cotta Chinese soldiers, waiting patiently to wake up and protect their lord and master.

Yeah I definitely see it. Very eerie  

8 hours ago, unJon said:

I think MiB is dying, maybe has cancer or something, and he's on one last hurrah in the park looking for Arnold's last Easter Egg. MiB has built it up to be something truly meaningful. Not sure it will turn out to be, but MiB clearly believes it is something that transcends. 

I like the theory that Logan dies in some incident. I don't think Delores kills him because MiB believes that threat of death is the one thing the park is missing. Assuming William is MiB then MiB wouldn't hold that opinion if he knows Delores has killed in the past. 

Also, I see a lot of focus on the MiB tape of Delores, but I haven't seen any focus on how "evil" the whole set up of the park is. Think about the Delores loop in the beginning of the season. Basically day of her life ends with her father being killed and then she gets killed and/or raped by the host that kills her father. Her loop is basically the worst day of her life. Over and over again. 

We have talked about that. And how Ford is possibly punishing Dolores by having her in such a horrible look, again and again. 

I think the "Bernard is Arnold's clone" theory is just about a slam dunk. I watched episode 1 again, and the scene where Abernathy meets his creator(s) is a dead giveaway. When he says he is there to meet his Maker, Ford first looks at Bernard, and then replies: " You are in luck, what do you want to say to your creator?" Clear hint that either both of them are the creator, or else Bernard is in fact the creator and not Ford.

And then when Abernathy replies, he says that he has something to say to "Both of you". Clearly he too recognizes Bernard as his creator/co-creator.

Lastly, I wonder if Arnold did not deliberately transfer his consciousness into a host, as a joint experiment by Ford and Arnold to try and find a path to eternal life. And Ford is managing Arnold's clone to help him achieve full consciousness, before Ford follows suit. And his haste is to do so before his death.

And the Man in Black perhaps suspects something along those lines, and is eager to be in on the secret to eternal life, before he dies.

7 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Delores has a flashback while she is with William, where she kills all those hosts and then herself. I think that is proof that William=MiB is not true. I think we are seeing one timeline, a current one, with flashbacks.

That's what I've been thinking this whole time. 

Except I've noticed with William, Dolores and Logan it's all confederados (sp?) and no mention of Wyatt...more and more I think I'm desperately wrong and the theory is totally true and mad props to anyone who guessed it by like..episode 2 LMAO 

Still not a fan though 

8 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Delores has a flashback while she is with William, where she kills all those hosts and then herself. I think that is proof that William=MiB is not true. I think we are seeing one timeline, a current one, with flashbacks.

I don't see how that's proof, unless we can be sure there was only ever one "critical failure"/"incident." Which we can't. The idea is that Dolores went on that spree and killed Arnold about thirty-five years ago, the William timeline is about thirty years ago, and all the other stuff is current. So Dolores can flash back to the events leading to Arnold's death while with William without creating any conflict. 

15 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Yeah I definitely see it. Very eerie  

We have talked about that. And how Ford is possibly punishing Dolores by having her in such a horrible look, again and again. 

Ok. Haven't read first couple threads. That makes Ford much worse on the evil scale than MiB. 

I've been doing some studying on the maze drawing itself.  Two entrances direct to the figure at the center, another to the figure on a side path.  All paths if you continue past the figure are dead ends.  There is one path in the maze that is completely inaccessible.  The one in shown the dirt in the scene with Maeve and her daughter is quite a bit different than the others, however.

I suspect the maze is different for each person/host...

Also, having just watched the end of last week's episode again, I'm now under the belief when we see the rest of Maeve's flashback after her daughter is killed and she stans herself in the neck while Ford and Bernard look on that is when we will get more answers about what the he is going on than when Dolores reaches the maze...

5 hours ago, unJon said:

Ok. Haven't read first couple threads. That makes Ford much worse on the evil scale than MiB. 

Lol sorry I sounded so blunt then. Yeah I think Ford is a really tricky but I don't think he's a good bloke at all. I think he's a sinister old fuck

4 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

I've been doing some studying on the maze drawing itself.  Two entrances direct to the figure at the center, another to the figure on a side path.  All paths if you continue past the figure are dead ends.  There is one path in the maze that is completely inaccessible.  The one in shown the dirt in the scene with Maeve and her daughter is quite a bit different than the others, however.

Ooh good spot...I'm sure they wouldn't have two seperate maze designs by accident...:o

10 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

That's what I've been thinking this whole time. 

Except I've noticed with William, Dolores and Logan it's all confederados (sp?) and no mention of Wyatt...more and more I think I'm desperately wrong and the theory is totally true and mad props to anyone who guessed it by like..episode 2 LMAO 

Still not a fan though 

I'm also not a fan. But some evidence that points in that direction I spotted - Ford "dug up an old village" on the edge of the park for his new narrative. Was that reference to the buried church and village where Delores killed everyone? If it was, then her arrival there to find it still buried would point to a different timeline.

Could have meant somewhere entirely different though, since we saw that Ford took up loads of space to construct the new narrative

57 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Ford "dug up an old village" on the edge of the park for his new narrative. Was that reference to the buried church and village where Delores killed everyone?

Almost certainly, given that when he first has that conversation with the boy who turns out to be a host-brother it's right next to there.

Archived