Questions you'd ask D&D

ThePrinceThatKnewNothing

So I've been doing my 20th rerun of GoT and i began to think of things that I'd like answered about the show. 

I'd ask them: 

If GRRM had finished the books would they have stuck to the books? 

If GRRM had finished the books would there be more than 8 seasons? 

Why did they leave out plot lines such as Stoneheart, Aegon, Victarion? In hindsight could they have done an extra 3-5 episodes from season 4 onwards to fit it all in?

Why didn't they do the exact visions in the house of the undying? Couldn't they have at least had pyat pree saying them? 

Why did it take them up to season 6 to mention the prince that was promised? Especially as there were numerous opportunities, when so much time was spent on Dragonstone, and when Maester Aegon was alive. 

I love the show and I can imagine that some of the stuff got missed out becuase of budgeting. But there was a clear dip in quality in season 6, It felt rushed. It seems like they're rushing to finish because they don't have the proper material to go off. 

On 22.11.2016 at 0:14 PM, KINGpanther said:

What the f*** happened to Dorne!

I would go into a similar direction and ask them why they've decided to cut Arianne Martell. They've given us Ellaria, the Sand Snakes and Areo Hotah who are less important than her for the Dornish plot, but excluded Arianne. I think that was a strange choice, so I would like to know their reasoning for it. 

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I would ask why do they write more JC than in the books even if fans don't like it.

Nice one. I'd be interested in knowing that as well. 

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Jaime and Cersei

Hmm, okay, that's interesting.

Now that you mention it, I suppose the show probably does have more Jaime and Cersei scenes, but I suppose the reason is cuz they changed Jaime's storyline so much in the show.  In the show, Jaime has been at King's Landing a LOT more than in the books.  In the show, he returned after losing his hand much earlier than in the books, and hung around for a while (he was even at Joffrey's wedding to Maergery, unlike in the books), and continued to hang around for a while after that.  Then he went to Dorne (which he never did in the books, of course), then returned to King's Landing and hung around there AGAIN for a while before finally leaving for the Riverlands, where he sill is in the books, but in the show he's already returned to King's Landing again.

So my guess would be that that's it, we've seen a lot more of Jaime and Cersei just cuz Jaime has been at KL so much more in the show.

10 minutes ago, boojam said:

Why was it in season 6 that Art Parkinson had not one single word of dialog?

this is good!

13 minutes ago, boojam said:

To me there is more Jamie and Cersei in the books than the show.

oh but in the show they are still together...

Going into season 5 all hands were seasoned, so why such a bungle with Dorne?

Why the failure of imagination when it came to regiggering the Dorne story? Why the Bums Rush in getting rid of Doran?  A short piece of awkward visual narrative not a signature of the show.

Archived