Questions you'd ask D&D

ThePrinceThatKnewNothing

On 23.11.2016 at 11:34 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

I would ask why do they write more JC than in the books even if fans don't like it.

I do like it!

Cersei is far more interesting and complex in the show than in the books and Jaime continuing to love her is far more understandable.

Apart from that it enriches Jaime's story if he is more torn between Brienne and Cersei. His emotions are complicated - so what!? In the books I disliked jealous Jaime for ditching Cersei because she allegedly fucked someone else. You don't throw away a so very important lifetime love and sibling  relationship because your male pride is hurt. It was not first of all the rejection  of Cersei's political methods that moved Jaime, he was personally offended. 

Why should I like that?

2 hours ago, Woman of War said:

I do like it!

Cersei is far more interesting and complex in the show than in the books and Jaime continuing to love her is far more understandable.

Apart from that it enriches Jaime's story if he is more torn between Brienne and Cersei. His emotions are complicated - so what!? In the books I disliked jealous Jaime for ditching Cersei because she allegedly fucked someone else. You don't throw away a so very important lifetime love and sibling  relationship because your male pride is hurt. It was not first of all the rejection  of Cersei's political methods that moved Jaime, he was personally offended. 

Why should I like that?

Jaime is troubled by this in the books. The difference is that in the show they never addressed the fact that Jaime should know that she cheated on him by sleeping with Lancel, not even in a conversation between J and C about this and she trying to tell this was invented, or "what was the walk of shame about", etc.. This was a great plothole in my opinion, and would have created a smoothiest transition to what it is inevitable to happen.

As I said, Jaime still cares about Cersei in the books. I' not going to pretend I like shocking transitions even if I despise JC's relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

I would ask D&D who decided on the accents with which the actors speak.  Was it left up to the actors themselves?

The reason for my question is that in some cases the accents don't make any sense.  For example, the Stark children having different accents or characters from the south like Sam or King Robb not sounding like other characters with the same origins.  This was especially strange in the most recent season when Sam returned to his family and they all sounded posh but he didn't.

4 hours ago, storm.131 said:

I would ask D&D who decided on the accents with which the actors speak.  Was it left up to the actors themselves?

The reason for my question is that in some cases the accents don't make any sense.  For example, the Stark children having different accents or characters from the south like Sam or King Robb not sounding like other characters with the same origins.  This was especially strange in the most recent season when Sam returned to his family and they all sounded posh but he didn't.

You have to have English and European actors. And you cannot be picky with things like accents when they have other things to worry about like skill or looks or availability and ability to commit to such a long project like GOT.

On 14/12/2016 at 4:15 PM, thor2006 said:

You have to have English and European actors. And you cannot be picky with things like accents when they have other things to worry about like skill or looks or availability and ability to commit to such a long project like GOT.

The actors I'm talking about are all British and they don't all speak with the same accents they have on GoT in other shows they've done.  They put on the accents for GoT.

Besides, this thread is about what viewers would ask D&D.  If the accents don't bother you, that's your prerogative.  I'd still ask them the question if I could.

On 2016. 12. 14. at 11:16 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

I would ask them how much time do they dedicate to write the scripts and the percentage of time it represents in comparison to the production. I'd also ask if they let anyone else read them before printing them.

This. I would really like to know this. 

And the time loop. Why did they create a time travel issue, why did Bran change the past and why is Hodor the result of this? Time loops are the worst thing to happen to a movie. 

As for cutting plot lines and characters, the answer is selfexplanatory. They are irrelevant and they didn't like it. If I were adapting asoiaf I would edit out the parts I don't like too. 

Jaime and Cersei: they like Lannister characters. And especially, they like Lena Headey. Again, if I would be adapting asoiaf, she would never have made it through season 6. But oh well. 

d&d are making these decisions because it serves them, business interests, television expectations, audience and the core cast. Their purpose is not to be faithful to the books or GRRM. They paid a lot of money for the right to do whatever they want. :dunno: we may or may not like it, but this is how it works. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived