Possible Crackpot! One Stark sister will die in season 7!

MaybeINeverSawACamel

The Hound did more to protect Sansa in Kings Landing out of compassion than Tyrion who knew she was a hostage as was his brother Jaime whom he was really worried about. The Kings Landing Riot in Season 2 showed this precisely. the Hound did not go and save her from the mob for anyone but her. Tyrion was worried if something happened to her, Jaime would pay the price.

6 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The Hound did more to protect Sansa in Kings Landing out of compassion than Tyrion who knew she was a hostage as was his brother Jaime whom he was really worried about. The Kings Landing Riot in Season 2 showed this precisely. the Hound did not go and save her from the mob for anyone but her. Tyrion was worried if something happened to her, Jaime would pay the price.

I remember when The Hound saved her from being gang-raped. I like the scenes between The Hound and Sansa. But what prevents me from shipping them is their age difference. How old is Rory? 45? And Sophie is 20, correct? 

Getting back to this scene, I don't remember that bit about Tyrion being worried that Jaime would pay the price if something happened to Sansa. Why would anything happen to Jaime? 

2 hours ago, HanginginWesteros said:

I remember when The Hound saved her from being gang-raped. I like the scenes between The Hound and Sansa. But what prevents me from shipping them is their age difference. How old is Rory? 45? And Sophie is 20, correct? 

Getting back to this scene, I don't remember that bit about Tyrion being worried that Jaime would pay the price if something happened to Sansa. Why would anything happen to Jaime? 

She just made a movie where her character seduces a character played by a 54 year old actor. Huntsville. The Starks captured Jamie in battle

2 hours ago, HanginginWesteros said:

Oh, that's right. Jaime was a Starks' hostage at the time.

Who's the actor in this movie with Sophie?

Dylan McDermott I think but I am not sure. He played Julia Robert's husband in Steele Magnolias back in the late 80s is what he is most known for as far as movies but he won an Emmy for The Practice.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Sandor is in his 30's in the show. (Actors often play down in age.)

Male actors tend to play down and women play up it seems. Either way, there is nothing regarding age that would keep Sansa and the Hound from not pairing up if the show allowed it. Hell, Gillen who plays LF is around Rory's age and he has been creeping on Sansa for 3 seasons now.

13 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I believe that it is perfectly understandable that Tyrion cared more about his brother than about some random child, or that he saw this random child first of all as means to get his beloved brother back. A totally understandable reaction. 

And yet Tyrion went out of his way - out of compassion -  and risked his position or maybe his life when he stopped Joffrey from torturing this child. Would Sandor have risked position and life in the same situation? We will never know since Tyrion entered before it came to a potential clash between Joffrey and Sandor.

It is always evil to take child hostages in our present day moral code. And yet Ned did. Sansa was  a hostage just like  little Theon. I think that Tyrion was perfectly entitled to see Sansa as means to Jaime's wellbeing within that moral universe. He only could be expected to defend her at all costs after he had taken over responsibility for Sansa's fate  by agreeing to that forced marriage. 

Joff's public image was crap and it was a problem and a major concern considering KL was under blockade with food shortages and what not, also Sansa being publicly abused by Joff was not a potential benefit if word got to the Starks who still had Jaime. Tyrion was on team Lannister through and through and we know why, he wanted Casterly Rock and when it was denied him, he agreed to marry Sansa (against her wishes but she was powerless) so he might get his hands on Winterfell and the North. Tyrion knew that Cersei's kids were Jaime's and suspected from the very beginning that they might have had a hand in Bran's "fall".

Whether Joffrey was Jaime's son, Robert's or the stableboy's has nothing to do with both Sandor's and Tyrion's moral dilemma in the throne room. And Cersei's or Jaime's alleged involvement in Bran's fall hasn't either.  It was for sure not Tyrion who pushed Bran!

And at that point of the story Tyrion had no idea that this marriage between himself and Sansa  would ever happen. His paramount concern was Jaime and yet he went out of the way for Sansa.

Your post lacks logic, A Ghost of Someone.

edit: this debate is totally off topic anyway

3 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Joff's public image was crap and it was a problem and a major concern considering KL was under blockade with food shortages and what not, also Sansa being publicly abused by Joff was not a potential benefit if word got to the Starks who still had Jaime. Tyrion was on team Lannister through and through and we know why, he wanted Casterly Rock and when it was denied him, he agreed to marry Sansa (against her wishes but she was powerless) so he might get his hands on Winterfell and the North. Tyrion knew that Cersei's kids were Jaime's and suspected from the very beginning that they might have had a hand in Bran's "fall".

Yep, Tyrion was in it for Tyrion. On the show, he had a ship's worth of gold in his hands before the forced marriage to Sansa. Shae begged him to not marry Sansa, to go away with her instead, and he said no, "I am a Lannister."

Tyrion knew the beatings were going on before, in the books, he called her Joffrey's "plaything" while talking about it. Books and show, they had him use the opportunity to make Shae her maid, so he could more conveniently have sex with her.

In the books, Tyrion told Sansa he would only send her home when Robb bent the knee, and then he cursed Sansa ("damn you") for not bending the knee to him at the wedding. And there's much more, he acts in his own self-interest.

Books and show, Sandor was the one protecting Sansa over and over again, risking his life to save her, manipulating Joffrey, then he is the one who, on his own, and thinking only of Sansa, rescued her from the mob.

The show gave him a nice line, making it clear he did it FOR HER. There's a reason there's this contrast. Sandor is the one man in Sansa's story who did it FOR HER and for her alone. This is a very important point in her story.

Tyrion and Sansa is not going to happen. The show tossed out the forced marriage, and Sansa said flat out, she doesn't want him:

Show, Margaery: "You don't want him, though." Sansa: "He's a dwarf." Sophie said on a season 4 show video, "The wedding to Tyrion, in Sansa's eyes, was the worst day of Sansa's life." The showrunners also said "She doesn't want him."

4 hours ago, Woman of War said:

.It is always evil to take child hostages in our present day moral code. And yet Ned did. Sansa was  a hostage just like  little Theon. I think that Tyrion was perfectly entitled to see Sansa as means to Jaime's wellbeing within that moral universe. He only could be expected to defend her at all costs after he had taken over responsibility for Sansa's fate  by agreeing to that forced marriage. 

But that was not the reason he married her, he was forced to marry her. The fact that he didn't want her to be insulted and attacked doesn't change the fact that the person who directly saved her was not him, but Sandor, many times before that marriage.

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

But that was not the reason he married her, he was forced to marry her. The fact that he didn't want her to be insulted and attacked doesn't change the fact that the person who directly saved her was not him, but Sandor, many times before that marriage.

No, that was not the reason. But Tyrion intended to take over the responsibility. Sandor saved Sansa many times?? He had a knife at her throat as well. Of course Sandor rode into the crowd with his sword to save Sansa! Tyrion doing so would have been a futile enterprise, LOL. Sandor did nothing to save her from Joffrey though - so far, we will never know if he had really defended her against the other Kingsguard guys and Joffrey himself. And he never offered to take her with him when he was sober and could have successfully planned her escape. 

Sigh, this has been discussed so often in these forums. We can simply agree to disagree, you will not convince me and I will not convince you. Sorry.

Sandor protected Sansa many times, he manipulated Joffrey to protect her repeatedly, on the show as in the books, for example, he did that in the name day scene (show, too). He tried, but when that failed, Joffrey got the others to beat her. He gave her advice (show, too), protected her from Ilyn Payne (show, too), dabbed her lip and stopped her from getting herself killed (show, too), gave her his cloak as soon as he could (show, too), lied for her to protect her, and rescued her (show, too), all at his own initiative, and he did it for her and her alone. He also explicitly pledged to protect her from Joffrey after the marriage (show only). He did not want to leave her (show, too), but he had to after Tyrion used him by sending him into the fire, and he tried to rescue her again in the end (show, too). And more. Books and show made this point repeatedly...

5 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Yep, Tyrion was in it for Tyrion. On the show, he had a ship's worth of gold in his hands before the forced marriage to Sansa. Shae begged him to not marry Sansa, to go away with her instead, and he said no, "I am a Lannister."

Tyrion knew the beatings were going on before, in the books, he called her Joffrey's "plaything" while talking about it. Books and show, they had him use the opportunity to make Shae her maid, so he could more conveniently have sex with her.

In the books, Tyrion told Sansa he would only send her home when Robb bent the knee, and then he cursed Sansa ("damn you") for not bending the knee to him at the wedding. And there's much more, he acts in his own self-interest.

Books and show, Sandor was the one protecting Sansa over and over again, risking his life to save her, manipulating Joffrey, then he is the one who, on his own, and thinking only of Sansa, rescued her from the mob.

The show gave him a nice line, making it clear he did it FOR HER. There's a reason there's this contrast. Sandor is the one man in Sansa's story who did it FOR HER and for her alone. This is a very important point in her story.

Tyrion and Sansa is not going to happen. The show tossed out the forced marriage, and Sansa said flat out, she doesn't want him:

Show, Margaery: "You don't want him, though." Sansa: "He's a dwarf." Sophie said on a season 4 show video, "The wedding to Tyrion, in Sansa's eyes, was the worst day of Sansa's life." The showrunners also said "She doesn't want him."

:agree:So true, every  bit of it.

1 hour ago, Woman of War said:

No, that was not the reason. But Tyrion intended to take over the responsibility. Sandor saved Sansa many times?? He had a knife at her throat as well. Of course Sandor rode into the crowd with his sword to save Sansa! Tyrion doing so would have been a futile enterprise, LOL.

Sigh, this has been discussed so often in these forums. We can simply agree to disagree, you will not convince me and I will not convince you. Sorry.

And no one else but Sandor did it (as if there were not more men in KG  physically capable of doing that)

Sandor did nothing to save her from Joffrey though - so far, we will never know if he had really defended her against the other Kingsguard guys and Joffrey himself.

What could he have done without being killed? LOL

And he never offered to take her with him when he was sober and could have successfully planned her escape. 

Planning their escape? Why would have he? He didn't want to scape alone, either. His job was there, and he was not "free" either- 

At least, he tried, during BW. He offered her to go away with him in the middle of the chaos.

Conversely, we could say that Tyrion offered Shae a way to scape in a ship but he didn't do it for Sansa and him, he had more resources than Sandor.

Archived