College Football 2016 - Cracks in the Golden Dome

Rhom

5 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

You guys think Peppers just pulled a Fournette without having the balls to actually do it? Leonard Fournette just ruined CF for me. I'm gonna be really upset if this becomes a trend. All these great players sitting out bowl games for risk of an injury. I mean, I can see how their protecting their wealth, but come on, you have to make it through 3 years of football and show durability to be considered a true first rounder. Many a player has dropped because of injury throughout their career. 

No way. Dude was visibly emotional over missing that game. 

I'm with you on the fear of this trend though. I was getting annoyed that the announcers kept giving Cook props for actually playing in the game like it was some big accomplishment. I mean I get the fear of injury too but it does seem kinda weak to me overall. I wonder what the teammates and coaches of Fournette and McCaffrey truly think of their decisions?

Just now, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Even though down by ten at the half. I feel Peterson will pull out all stops in the 2nd half. I expect it I be extremely exciting. I'm still predicting UW to come away with the win.

Petersen fucked up bad and it cost him any chance at the game. They kept everything within ten yards of the line of scrimmage and let Bama cheat up. Instead of trying something deep to keep them honest they just kept doing it, and finally Bama jumped a route and scored the defensive TD that ended the game.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Great playcalling by Petersen, using the speed of Bama's defense against them.

This is either really astute or really awesome ironic shade, and I'm not sure which. Guess it depends on which side of the pick-6 it came from.

Washington's D has played a great game with 10 points coming off turnovers and only one big mistake.  Washington's O has been utterly hapless against Alabama's unreal D.  And Washington has a pretty good offense.  

4 minutes ago, sperry said:

Washington definitely impressed me. I though this game would have gone more like the Mich. St. game last year.

They had their chance there after the quick kick & third and long, and blew it by missing tackles on Scarborough. 

The problem with playing Bama is you can't make any mistakes against them because their D is so fucking good.

1 minute ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

They had their chance there after the quick kick & third and long, and blew it by missing tackles on Scarborough. 

The problem with playing Bama is you can't make any mistakes against them because their D is so fucking good.

Don't think that was much of a chance. Bama figured out their offense and Petersen never adjusted. Didn't help that Browning played atrociously.

Archived