College Football 2016 - Cracks in the Golden Dome

Rhom

1 hour ago, Ded As Ned said:

THE TASTE OF LOUISVILLE'S TEARS IS OH. SO. EXQUISITE!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D 

I can't stop smiling.

Truly 'tis a beautiful day in the Bluegrass State.

@Rhom & @Ded As Ned congrats! I bet that makes your year. Also, note, while late in my Pick em' I still went with UK. 

WVU playing decent against ISU, but until it's over I'm always scared against the Cyclones, they seem to always play well against us.

Pitt vs Cuse set FBS record with most points in a game. 76-61, I believe. Thought it was Bball score.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Dear god the SEC is bad this year. 2nd place in the conference is going to be 9-3 Tennessee, assuming they hang on against Vandy.  Every other team is going to have 4 or more losses.

Let's hold off discussion until we see the records after bowl season.

Just now, Rhom said:

Let's hold off discussion until we see the records after bowl season.

They already had a rough regular season, not sure why you'd be fired up about the bowl season? The east has been a dumpster fire for years, but that crept into the west this year as well.  Just a weak conference this year.

2 minutes ago, sperry said:

They already had a rough regular season, not sure why you'd be fired up about the bowl season? The east has been a dumpster fire for years, but that crept into the west this year as well.  Just a weak conference this year.

Readily agree that it is down compared to years past.  Still think you'll see a winning record against other conferences after the bowls and will again boast the national champs. :dunno: 

Also... while I generally think the Crying Jordan is played out... I had to share this:

:lmao:

3 minutes ago, sperry said:

Not to be harsh, but when a conference has produced 80% of the champions out of the last 10 years, and continuously has a winning record against teams from other power 5 conferences, I think the argument of wait and see how the bowls play out, where the SEC typically plays other power 5 foes, is a valid one.

Just now, Ded As Ned said:

Not to be harsh, but when a conference has produced 80% of the champions out of the last 10 years, and continuously has a winning record against teams from other power 5 conferences, I think the argument of wait and see how the bowls play out, where the SEC typically plays other power 5 foes, is a valid one.

Except that how the conference has been in the past, especially at the very top of the conference, is completely irrelevant to how the conference is this year.  The SEC has had great years in the past (2011), and not so great years.  This is the worst the conference has been in a decade.  The teams past Bama are not good.

3 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

By what metric?  

How about the fact that they aren't good teams?  Again.  Tell me which team in the SEC not named Alabama is a good team.

Just not worth arguing with the fans of a bottom feeder SEC program. You aren't going to find objectivity.

11 minutes ago, sperry said:

How about the fact that they aren't good teams?  Again.  Tell me which team in the SEC not named Alabama is a good team.

All I know today is that the fourth place team in the SEC East is better than the second place team in the ACC! :thumbsup: 

Just not worth arguing with the fans of a bottom feeder SEC program. You aren't going to find objectivity.

Not cool, dude... not cool.  Probably just jealous that we have the Stoops brother that is capable of winning big games! ;) 

Archived