LOTR emblem shawl

DemiNymph

Anyone still into LOTR? There's a group of people wanting to make some shawls, ring slings and baby wraps with LOTR designs. The shawl will be approx 2.12m x 70cm, Everyone can use a shawl! Or frame it.

There will be different blend of fibres for different designs, subject to voting. You can get stuff like wool blends, silk, hemp, linen, bamboo fibres and it won't necessary be 100% cotton. You can take part in the voting and make it happen. It will not make Christmas. The whole process is about 5 months. 

Here's some pictures - This particular one is sold out and my favorite. The pre-order will most likely not have the colours be repeated. But I hope to get it made in silver. 

All avaliable designs. Go check out the Ancients of Gondor and Galadriel. And Shire.

Some of these have funky colours and have been complained strongly about. Hence the pre-order where we customers will choose the colours and blend, by voting. 

These are all legal and licenced by the LOTR estate, btw. 

Here's where it's all happening. https://www.facebook.com/groups/345565565835849/

Ha! I'm into wrapping and geeking out over fibre/design. I knew when I saw the title it was related to the oscha release.

I'm very tempted by the evenstar undome shawl. I tend to prefer a more abstract pattern.

Lots of handwoven wraps out there inspired by ASoIaF

On 11/24/2016 at 0:13 AM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

My wife has had a "One Ring To Rule Them All One Ring to find them One Ring to Bring them All and in the Darkness Bind them" scarf (in Feanorian characters) scarf in production for me for about 5 years.  

:)

Adam you need to show a pic! 

On 11/24/2016 at 0:34 AM, Deedles said:

Ha! I'm into wrapping and geeking out over fibre/design. I knew when I saw the title it was related to the oscha release.

I'm very tempted by the evenstar undome shawl. I tend to prefer a more abstract pattern.

Lots of handwoven wraps out there inspired by ASoIaF

I got the Rings of Power Glin - good news, Oscha just said that they will permanantly stock Glin and Ancients! 

I got the pink Galadriel which I will not think of as Galadriel. And the Galadriel Udome is on its way to me too, which I will chop. I'm really hoping the preorder group produces a decent Shire that isn't fucking pink. I have faith. 

From what I know, Oscha is the only legal one with license that can use all the trademarks of LOTR. There is a LOTR wrap from Carislings which was taken down, they were just lucky they weren't sued. There was an attempted LOTR preorder from natibaby which was taken down because of legal issues too, apparently they got a letter. 

On 24/11/2016 at 5:13 AM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

My wife has had a "One Ring To Rule Them All One Ring to find them One Ring to Bring them All and in the Darkness Bind them" scarf (in Feanorian characters) scarf in production for me for about 5 years.  
:)

Classy. :)

Useless trivia: someone sent J.R.R. Tolkien a goblet with the Ring Verse engraved. Because of the nature of the Verse, he never drank from the goblet, and used it only as an ashtray.

2 hours ago, DemiNymph said:

I got the Rings of Power Glin - good news, Oscha just said that they will permanantly stock Glin and Ancients! 

I got the pink Galadriel which I will not think of as Galadriel. And the Galadriel Udome is on its way to me too, which I will chop. I'm really hoping the preorder group produces a decent Shire that isn't fucking pink. I have faith. 

From what I know, Oscha is the only legal one with license that can use all the trademarks of LOTR. There is a LOTR wrap from Carislings which was taken down, they were just lucky they weren't sued. There was an attempted LOTR preorder from natibaby which was taken down because of legal issues too, apparently they got a letter. 

I really like the udome colours. The shire pattern is very pretty too. Ancients if Gondor is also basses.

I noticed that I have more oscha than anything else in my stash. Mostly blues. They do good blue.

See Scot, get your bum over to oscha. Buy your wife a lovely shawl. You can snuggle into it too. 

Archived