The Last Kingdom II - NO MERCY [SPOlLERS Season I & II]

Veltigar

• 3 weeks later...

Spring then, as semi-predicted. I'd suggest early spring too if the BBc are advertising it already

Do we know if they're doing 1 or 2 books worth this year? I'm guessing 2, as just the Burning lands might get a bit repetitive. They'll definitely need to up the budget and get a couple of boats built for this seasom

1 minute ago, Which Tyler said:

Spring then, as semi-predicted. I'd suggest early spring too if the BBc are advertising it already

Do we know if they're doing 1 or 2 books worth this year? I'm guessing 2, as just the Burning lands might get a bit repetitive. They'll definitely need to up the budget and get a couple of boats built for this seasom

They've been advertising it as coming spring for a couple of weeks now, I noticed on their FB page where they advertise catching up with season 1 on iPlayer before it returns in Spring.

But yeah, BBC doesn't usually advertise too far in advance.

59 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

Burning Lands? They're still on Lords of the North.

I sincerely hope they only do one book, because I though the pacing was way too quick in season 1.

4 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Burning Lands? They're still on Lords of the North.

I sincerely hope they only do one book, because I though the pacing was way too quick in season 1.

Oops, yeah, that's the one. The burning trees in the as must have put the name in my head.

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

They've been advertising it as coming spring for a couple of weeks now, I noticed on their FB page where they advertise catching up with season 1 on iPlayer before it returns in Spring.

But yeah, BBC doesn't usually advertise too far in advance.

I've never really understood why the BBC often seem to treat the exact release date of their shows as some sort of state secret that can only be revealed a few weeks in advance.

If I remember correctly, the third book (or was it the second, I'm a bit hazy on the details) was the weakest in the series, so I hope they find something to pair it with so that it's better than the books :) 

37 minutes ago, williamjm said:

I've never really understood why the BBC often seem to treat the exact release date of their shows as some sort of state secret that can only be revealed a few weeks in advance.

Same here. I often don't know they are coming out until I see it on iplayer the day after. Sometimes we get a heads up when they put the previous season or a "story so far" on iplayer.

8 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

So does it come to Netflix outside of the UK at the same time as it releases on BBC in the UK? Or are we going to have a delay?

They should hold the show ransom until we get the Expanse on Netflix UK.

The second season is co-produced by Netflix so I'd expect it gets released within a day or two of the UK airing. I suspect it won't be on NEtflix UK until a day or so later either as the BBC probably don't want to damage their domestic ratings and that netflix is more interested in the international rights. Possibly like how the Star Trek rights will work when that comes out.

Archived