The Last Kingdom II - NO MERCY [SPOlLERS Season I & II]

Veltigar

Some parts of the siege didn't make any sense. How were Kjartan's men held off? Uthred and cie were protected not by their own shields, but by their enemies' shields. Didn't make any sense whatsoever. They should have been slaughtered.

Sven's cruel death didn't have any impact, since we didn't see a sadistic piece of shit in the show, but just a pathetic incompetent son.

I'm disappointed for the first time...

Enjoyed this week, although seeing the Dunholm stuff on screen makes me realise how weak that part was in the book. But they did a good job with the material they had to work with.

So we've now moved beyond Book 3. This will be interesting, as I have no idea what comes next. 

I was disappointed that we only saw Brida and Hild briefly this episode. They are great. Ragnar was the highlight of the episode for me though

I thought it was  a good episode. Most of the battle was good, although I agree it got a bit confusing exactly what was happening once Uthred's party got into the courtyard. The duel between Ragnar and Kjartan was also good, and I thought it ended on an interesting and fairly melancholy note, sometimes achieving something you've been striving to do for years doesn't necessarily make you happy. Also thought Beocca had some good scenes in this.

44 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

Book Spoilers

Hide contents

I know we've been given Sigefrid and Eric a little early - along with Sigefrid's injury and grudge against Uhtred; but do wwe think Aethelwold being given Oswerth's role?

You mean Osferth, right?

Oh man, I hope not... But it does make sense. I don't see how they could introduce still more characters. There were already too much this episode.

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

You mean Osferth, right?

Oh man, I hope not... But it does make sense. I don't see how they could introduce still more characters. There were already too much this episode.

I do indeed.

Spoiler

Aethelwold doesn't really have much left to do apart from become ever more drunkenly inapropriate and pop up as a convenient puppet again; which doesn't really need Aethelwold for. The show also really doesn't need to find 2 embarassing relatives to confuse viewers when one will do; doesn't want to cast a kid for now only to recast later (eg Sihtric); and can use Aethelwold as a fake-Alfred or fake-puppet in Uhtred's plans as they wish as well (though they can't really call it an uncanny resemblence).

Keeping an existing member of the cast, melding 2 similar characters into one, keeping the cast adult and not introducing another new character; and doing all of that at the same time, just makes sense; just for the sake of sobering up and educating Aethelwold.

Mind you, after S1 I was convinced they were going to merge Steapa and Clapa into one character - and kinda wish they had (purely based on the casting of the two of them).

Spoiler

They're basically the same character, just that one's loyal to Alfred whilst t'other hangs around up North.

Really really well done.

Interesting last fight with Karen and Ragnar's demons. V. happy they didn't turn that into Uhtred's fight.

Beocca is great, Fin looks like he's going to be fun, Steapa's going to bear watching, Hild's awesome, and Alfred still carries any scene he's in. All in all very impressed with how they've treated one of my favourite series of novels, though still second to the Warlord Chronicles for BC. 

49 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Thank you.  Hmmm.  It just says Netflix, and all the references are UK publications.  It doesn't SAY USA, nor do any of my links expressly say USA.  Color me anxious, so to speak!  

Netflix. com is the main US site.The url/address is different for other countries.;)

Date also confirmed on the show's facebook page:

I'm sorry. I'm sure this gets asked all the time. When do we here in the USA get to see this season? Thank you!
The Last Kingdom

The Last Kingdom Look for us on Netflix US in early May!

58 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Netflix. com is the main US site.The url/address is different for other countries.;)

Date also confirmed on the show's facebook page:

Good! I'm annoyed it's taken this long to confirm it though.

15 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Good! I'm annoyed it's taken this long to confirm it though.

Ah.  I don't do fb.  It's weird this doesn't show up in a google cruise.   Or maybe it's just me.  But one would think the show -- and Netflix --  would want to get out the word!

19 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

That's... not true. At least not where I am. It's still netflix.com. The other URLs are just redirections to netflix.com.

Archived