Disney's Moana...And the Chicken Survives...

Jaxom 1974

Okay...I get that everyone isn't a Disney fan, but I am and I'm unapologetic about it.

I think Frozen was fabulous.

Zootopia was, in my mind, a near perfect animated movie.

But then we took the kids to see Moana yesterday and I was floored.  What they can do with animation these days.  Every single film it gets better and better. Moana's story isn't super original, but it was very well done.  The music was absolutely splendid, while at the same time being so totally different from anything you expect out of Disney movies.

It was something (not bad at all!) that the Disney Princess introduced in the film was quite possibly the strongest, most independent Princess yet with nary a prince on love interest in sight.  That the movie is self aware enough to actually have a couple nice in jokes about that concept was also a plus.

My son enjoyed it. My daughter loved it.  It was absolutely wonderful.

I took my 8 year old niece to see it and we both loved it. After reading all the rave reviews it was getting my expectations were up but it delivered, really well done. I'm kind of mad at myself for not knowing the crab that sang that fabulous song was Jemaine Clement. I just couldn't place his distinct voice for whatever reason. I also liked that there was no love interest for Moana. Great that we got to hear The Rock sing too, he wasn't half bad.

It still amazes how they keep making these "kids" movies good for all ages now. 

On 24/11/2016 at 6:09 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Okay...I get that everyone isn't a Disney fan, but I am and I'm unapologetic about it.

I think Frozen was fabulous.

Zootopia was, in my mind, a near perfect animated movie.

But then we took the kids to see Moana yesterday and I was floored.  What they can do with animation these days.  Every single film it gets better and better. Moana's story isn't super original, but it was very well done.  The music was absolutely splendid, while at the same time being so totally different from anything you expect out of Disney movies.

It was something (not bad at all!) that the Disney Princess introduced in the film was quite possibly the strongest, most independent Princess yet with nary a prince on love interest in sight.  That the movie is self aware enough to actually have a couple nice in jokes about that concept was also a plus.

My son enjoyed it. My daughter loved it.  It was absolutely wonderful.

:agree:

Oh god, the water. The beautiful, beautiful water. :crying:

• 2 months later...

We just came back from watching the English-language version (with subtitles) here in Sweden, and to my surprise even the English audio called her Vaiana. So there must exist two separate English audio tracks.

Question: What is the film (and princess) called in the United Kingdom?

Archived