Little Things You Want in Season 7

dsug

1 hour ago, ADanceWithCats said:

Well no, if people say "in the first book, when Arya and Jon are together...", they are saying that.

That's a good point, though. The counterpoint being, of course, that the show, whose creators roughly know where all the characters end up, has excised most of the Jon-Arya connection so far. Arya on the show has been consistently connected to Sansa: via the Hound, and later via seeing the theatrical play. They also share a goal - revenge. And it's also Sansa who hears about Arya from Brienne and mentions her while establishing a reason to retake Winterfell.

Jon, meanwhile... Remind me, because I have sincerely forgotten, but has he mentioned Arya much, or at all?

I think you have built a strawman here, because once again, I have seen no one talk about 'abandoning'. It's actually pretty weird,  what you are saying here - do you think that a young man, if he wants to establish his own family, is somehow 'abandoning' his birth one? Especially, of all the people, his *sisters*?

It's possible to love a sister and yet have a wife, you know. ^_^

I'm sorry but can you confirm when, if at all, Jon & Sansa had any screentime and/or mention one another's existence before s6? Oh, not even once. Because with d&d, you think that's suppose to matter? It's not like they can't create a family bond that never existed in 1 or 2 scenes right? Oh wait but they can, who knew?

We know what kind of bond he has with Arya and the rest of his Stark family. And like I mentioned earlier, using Arya in a plotline that forces Jon to make a choice between his Stark side or his aunt? What a difficult choice. It's not like he hasn't faced a similar dilemma before. Ygritte? There are bound to be betrayals along the way. This ain't a Disney movie.

If there is any baby it will have to be for season 8. Have fun thinking there is any time for that mess. 

14 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

I'm sorry but can you confirm when, if at all, Jon & Sansa had any screentime and/or mention one another's existence before s6? Oh, not even once. Because with d&d, you think that's suppose to matter? It's not like they can't create a family bond that never existed in 1 or 2 scenes right? Oh wait but they can, who knew?

We know what kind of bond he has with Arya and the rest of his Stark family. And like I mentioned earlier, using Arya in a plotline that forces Jon to make a choice between his Stark side or his aunt? What a difficult choice. It's not like he hasn't faced a similar dilemma before. Ygritte? There are bound to be betrayals along the way. This ain't a Disney movie.

If there is any baby it will have to be for season 8. Have fun thinking there is any time for that mess. 

It really doesn't matter if and when they saw each other, they don't care for this, if they want to meet them and act this way, they will.

There will be betrayals and who says Jon will be the one doing it, why would he has to choose between Stark and Targ side? Or that he will choose 100% Stark family over his Targ one, People in general don't want him to acknowledge his Targ side or ignore it completely. It's bound to happen that he will embrace it, it's there for a reason.

This ain't Disney movie yes, where Jon happily retires with his Stark family to the North and live out his days in peace. Yep, that's not the story George is telling and I wish he would. To me Jon belong to the North, but as always he ends up doing something unpopular like living and ruling elewhere, If he lives.

On 3. 12. 2016 at 8:27 AM, DutchArya said:

Doubt it.  

If they are saving this meeting for season 8 - it's for a plot purpose. Not just sentimental like with Sansa. I think Jon will be forced to make a choice in season 8 and Dany will have her betrayal for love. Using Arya in this way will further her own storyline (some action on her part could cause the division) and force Jon to choose. Arya is the only person who can serve this role. Dany's emotional stability will be a hot mess creating the necessary chaos D&D love.

With Sansa it wasn't sentimental. It served for the plot purposes for season 6, same as potentially with Dany next season or Tyrion. Later on probably Bran or Arya. But you're just twisting things to fit your own purpose for Jon to screw everyone over Arya, when their bond is simpyl not as strong as in the books. When they even separatd thinks and talks about on another. 

Why not using Stark family as the whole, why Arya because ShowJon loves them equally.

2 hours ago, DutchArya said:

"Bastards can rise high in the world... Like your half-brother, Jon Snow." - Ramsay Bolton to Lady Sansa Stark, 5x07. 

Stop moving the goalposts. The argument initially was, "Jon and Arya are each other's most important relationship at the outset of the first book". I responded, "sure, and this will be probably still extremely valuable to them when they meet again, but people change and expand". You responded saying "this continues as far as the latest book". My response was, "but the show, which has only the time for the most important relations, does not include this one". Now you say, "OK, so they will just build it from scratch, like Jon and Sansa". But that's a very different thing. Jon and Sansa basically start by admitting that they didn't have much of a relationship before, so they are basically starting one from scratch.

So, that's the level Jon and Arya's relationship could be realistically at. The "most important relationship ever" would basically require a scene of Jon, or Arya, saying something like, "I thought of you so often!", despite there being no on-screen evidence of that whatsoever for several seasons. No mentions in conversations with other people. No "I wonder if he/she is still alive". Nothing for Arya in the House of Black and White, for instance. Nothing for Jon in his conversations with Ygritte, who supposedly reminds him of Arya. 

I'm not sure why there have to be... As I said, it is perfectly possible to have a birth family and yet start one of your own. In and of itself, having a family of your own is not a betrayal. You can care for more than one person. 

But anyhow, now I understand it. You want some artificial introduced factor in Season 8 which will force Jon to choose dramatically between Dany and Arya, with him choosing Dany. OK, more the power to you. I prefer some resolution which will preserve both of these positive relationships for him, on the basis that the more, the better, while I can see the two being good sisters-in-law. We'll see once Season 8 arrives.

Heh, the baby thing again. Im not sure why you mention it in response to me again, because personally, I don't care for any babies. Of course unless there is a timeskip and the last episode moves forward a couple of months or years, there will be no babies.

I want Olenna to encounter Danerys and somehow make Cersei mad.

I want Missandei to die (Dunno why lol)

I want Arya to follow her path of revenge instead of going home.

I want Jon to make mistakes.

I want interesting dialogues back like it was in S1-S3-

I want REALLY unexpected plot twists which are both realistic and unnerving.

I want Daenerys to be a questionable ruler at least.

I want Bran to be more Third Eyed Raven and less Bran.

I want somebody to honor what Meera has done for Bran.

I want Yara to die and Theon to claim the salt throne.

I want the Sand Snakes to somehow redeem themselves storywise (even if they turn all-evil or die)

I want to see (verbal) clashs between all the characters who've never met each other before

I want to see characters who are sceptical of magic to react to WW and Dany's dragons

I want the WW to seem more threatening 

I DON'T want stupid plot devices to mess with the realism of the show and suddenly make things happen that don't make sense with no one questioning it.

.....I want a lot.

24 minutes ago, BrienneofFart said:

I want Olenna to encounter Danerys and somehow make Cersei mad.

I want Arya to follow her path of revenge instead of going home.

I want Jon to make mistakes.

I want Yara to die and Theon to claim the salt throne.

I want the Sand Snakes to somehow redeem themselves storywise (even if they turn all-evil or die)

I want to see (verbal) clashs between all the characters who've never met each other before

I want to see characters who are sceptical of magic to react to WW and Dany's dragons

I DON'T want stupid plot devices to mess with the realism of the show and suddenly make things happen that don't make sense with no one questioning it.

.....I want a lot.

Great list! And welcome to the forums!!

and I agree a lot with ur first point. I'd like to see some type of meeting between all of team targaryen: daenerys, yara, theon, Tyrion, Olenna, Varys and Ellaria. Just having them all in the same room would be GOLD. 

15 hours ago, dsug said:

Great list! And welcome to the forums!!

and I agree a lot with ur first point. I'd like to see some type of meeting between all of team targaryen: daenerys, yara, theon, Tyrion, Olenna, Varys and Ellaria. Just having them all in the same room would be GOLD. 

Thank you!

Though it's quite possible that team dany will never be completely at one place. If Ellaria and Olenna would have been on one the ships in Dany's fleet they would have shown it in the final scene. And as House Tyrell and Martell are now at war with the Lannisters, it's quite possible that they would coordinate their army's movements from their seats in Highgarden and Dorne, respectively.

Thinking about that, for some reason i can imagine Olenna being an effective military leader, though Ellaria's only life experience seems to be having been a paramour to Oberyn? And the sand snakes might be warriors, but i don't see them effectively leading their nation. I sure hope they've got enough competent generals in Dorne to take care of that.

One thing i'm afraid of, considering that S7 will only i have 7 episodes (i think?), is that many characters who would have interesting relationships with each other never even meet or die before they i do. I'm all for many, even important characters dying, but i hope they won't just 'clean' the amount of characters up by killing them in short scenes for shock value only.

23 hours ago, BrienneofFart said:

.....I want a lot.

Fantastic OP dsug (I love the Cersei freakout avatar btw).  BrienneofFart, you pretty much captured my really favroite requests (the ones I've quoted above).  More than anything, I don't want the season to end with Bran staring into a snow globe having imagined it all, or anything that involves Bran being responsible or even influential to historical events beyond what we saw with him and Hodor.  This is a big request for me, I generally hate any stories that involve time-loops, and being as I didn't read the books I haven't found Bran to be that interesting or even that sympathetic, despite his paralysis.  Hopefully that doesn't mean that I am a huge jerk lol.

Some other things that I'd like to see - posting without having read any of the leaked material...

• The look on Melisandre's face as she learns about Daenerys (preferably from a fellow red priest/priestess) and starts to question if, yet again, she's aligned with the wrong TPTWP/Azor Ahai/whatever-the-chosen-one-is-supposed-to-be-called (I don't believe the prophecies are meant to be literal)
  • Arya have the opportunity to take someone out on her list and decide not to
  • The Hound hears of what The Mountain has become and decide that he'll still stay with the BwB rather than pursue unnecessary revenge in KL (though I would totally get hyped for CleganeBowl)
  • Sansa, Littlefinger, and Davos advise Jon against trusting Daenerys, and it turns out its' a good point because Daenerys doesn't give a shit about the WW and just wants to be queen, so she will hold out on helping until they all bend the knee
  • The entire Iron Born / Euron plot to not be brought up ever again on-screen, and for no explanation to be provided
  • Cersei actually outsmart and impress some of her foes... make her a little more competent and a little more animated again
  • Actually if Cersei did anything for the good of the realm, and especially if it mirrors a selfish choice on the part of Daenerys, that would be pretty unexpected and a cool subtle twist... doesn't have to be something huge, just something small to show they aren't the complete stock villain and stock hero that they both are increasingly seeming like
  • Tyrion and Daenerys actually do something together to make their closeness at the end of season 6 actually seem warranted... I'm still confused why they both are so into each other, their finest moments happened apart from each other
  • Varys to explain why he helped facilitate attempts on Daenerys' life in season 1 if he was pro-Targaryen restoration all along without bringing (f)Aegon into it
  • Bran/Howland Reed/Sam has definitive proof of Jon's parentage and attempts to present Jon with it, and Jon refuses to hear it - doesn't matter to him who his parents are, what matters is the man he has become and the actions he is going to take to save the realm
  • Jaime doing something heroic and not falling back into being Cersei's toy afterwards... would really like to see Jaime survive to the end so I really hope Bran doesn't use that weirnet to find out who crippled him

Gosh I could go on forever.

2 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Fantastic OP dsug (I love the Cersei freakout avatar btw).  BrienneofFart, you pretty much captured my really favroite requests (the ones I've quoted above).  More than anything, I don't want the season to end with Bran staring into a snow globe having imagined it all, or anything that involves Bran being responsible or even influential to historical events beyond what we saw with him and Hodor.  This is a big request for me, I generally hate any stories that involve time-loops, and being as I didn't read the books I haven't found Bran to be that interesting or even that sympathetic, despite his paralysis.  Hopefully that doesn't mean that I am a huge jerk lol.

Some other things that I'd like to see - posting without having read any of the leaked material...

• The look on Melisandre's face as she learns about Daenerys (preferably from a fellow red priest/priestess) and starts to question if, yet again, she's aligned with the wrong TPTWP/Azor Ahai/whatever-the-chosen-one-is-supposed-to-be-called (I don't believe the prophecies are meant to be literal)
  • Arya have the opportunity to take someone out on her list and decide not to
  • The Hound hears of what The Mountain has become and decide that he'll still stay with the BwB rather than pursue unnecessary revenge in KL (though I would totally get hyped for CleganeBowl)
  • Sansa, Littlefinger, and Davos advise Jon against trusting Daenerys, and it turns out its' a good point because Daenerys doesn't give a shit about the WW and just wants to be queen, so she will hold out on helping until they all bend the knee
  • The entire Iron Born / Euron plot to not be brought up ever again on-screen, and for no explanation to be provided
  • Cersei actually outsmart and impress some of her foes... make her a little more competent and a little more animated again
  • Actually if Cersei did anything for the good of the realm, and especially if it mirrors a selfish choice on the part of Daenerys, that would be pretty unexpected and a cool subtle twist... doesn't have to be something huge, just something small to show they aren't the complete stock villain and stock hero that they both are increasingly seeming like
  • Tyrion and Daenerys actually do something together to make their closeness at the end of season 6 actually seem warranted... I'm still confused why they both are so into each other, their finest moments happened apart from each other
  • Varys to explain why he helped facilitate attempts on Daenerys' life in season 1 if he was pro-Targaryen restoration all along without bringing (f)Aegon into it
  • Bran/Howland Reed/Sam has definitive proof of Jon's parentage and attempts to present Jon with it, and Jon refuses to hear it - doesn't matter to him who his parents are, what matters is the man he has become and the actions he is going to take to save the realm
  • Jaime doing something heroic and not falling back into being Cersei's toy afterwards... would really like to see Jaime survive to the end so I really hope Bran doesn't use that weirnet to find out who crippled him

Gosh I could go on forever.

Thank you!

I particularly like your Euron point (LOL). And also, I agree, I would very much like Cersei to show some competence or at least menace. I've never agreed with some fans characterizing her as a complete idiot. Let her make a couple smart or at least ruthless moves. 

I would like to see Jaime finally leaving Cersei for Brienne, being totally convinced his relationship with Cersei is as doomed as popcorn in a cinema.

And I want more looks like the one he gave her in 6.10. And telling her she is evil.

I also want the leak of 

Spoiler

Cersei being pregnant of Jaime

to be false.

• 2 weeks later...

a little thing i want is for cersei to have some physical scenes. she's always so still and statuesque, i'd love to see her move around a little (throwing things, fight someone, etc). Her arrest scene the scene where she gets the threat from dorne are some of my favorites bc we get to see some physicality. 

I just want it to make sense and include as little fan service as possible. 

I know that's too much to ask though. 

As for season 8, I would like Daenerys to die a tragic death with falling from/being buried under Drogon and have a flashback/hallucination/vision/dream of Reuniting with Drogo in the Night Lands and D&D would get Jason Momoa back for a little cameo. (But they are free to work with that Mirri prophecy and just bring him back for the sake of simplicity)

I want writers to stop writing female characters being smug while they kill...they have gone overboard with this one especially when it comes to dany and sansa (cersei and arya understandable) 

I pray to god that tyrion shuts up about Mad king and let dany do her thing ..I can't take another scene where he brings up her father and him acting morally above her 

I want the show to atleast show how good conqueror she is because when they started with BullShit about how she is not good ruler but a conquer ..I thought atleast that would be covered good ..but looking at the leaks and tyrion and varys reactions the writers are just doing the same thing again and again ..

And about the topic in first page about ruining the series ...yes this wonderful series is ruined by three people and ironically they are the ones who produced this series ...on one hand we have author of the books who lost interest in the series and too slow to write the remaining books and on the other hand we have showrunners who are too fast and rushing to end the series..we poor fans suffer 

I want the Hound to have dinner with Sansa and Arya.

I want Nymeria to be included in the show.

I want Gendry found in Kings Landing protecting orphans with a sassy girl bossing him around.

I want Bronn to die.

I want this to be Cersei's last season.

I want Tyrion to have more screen time with the dragons.

Not small things.

I have read the leaks and I know what is coming from the story front though I want surprises.

I want a coherent story with proper pacing. I don't want to get the feeling that the story is rushed nor do I want scenes which add nothing to the story.

I don't want the show to engage in fan service and I don't want the show to remove the essence of characters to show them in a positive/negative light.

Little Things You Want in Season 7

1. Samwell to sacrifice Gilly in order to forge Valyrian Steel
  2. Introduce House Dayne and give them a role to play in the story
  3. Death of Jon Snow, permanent this time. 
  4. Jorah to get cured of Greyscale
  5. Introduce Archmaester Marwyn
  6. Daenerys and her forces to finally defeat the Lannisters and their alllies. 
  7. Death of Jaime Lannister for his many crimes

- Dany in Westeros. It's finally happening. I've given up all hope on ever reading that chapter in ADOS, but the show will do.

- Cleganebowl, hopefully ending with The Hound disassembling The Mountain for good

- WW invasion. NOT in the final scene, but at some earlier point

- Gore and a lot of it

- Highgarden and Casterly Rock. They don't need any actual subplots there; they just need to show these places off for the sake of completion

- Non-WW storylines getting wrapped up to make room for the endgame

On 12/23/2016 at 0:57 PM, khal drogon said:

I don't want the show to engage in fan service and I don't want the show to remove the essence of characters to show them in a positive/negative light.

Good point.  I really hated that the show invented their own version of the Starks to make them more sympathetic.  Show Sansa didn't betray Ned and Jon didn't betray the Night's Watch on the show.  They changed the characters to placate the Stark fans.  I hated that. 

Archived